Universal MCU: Hulk and Namor

I think it's very unlikely we see a a solo Namor film. Him showing up in Black Panther 2 or maybe even a Fantastic 4 movie is possible.

We will see.

Hey do you think they’ll cast for attuma? I could see them doing what they did for thanos and using motion capture. You know who would be a really intriguing choice?

Honestly, I think perhaps some sort of water based world would make it easier to integrate Namor.

I remember reading that Narnia book "The Magicians Nephew" where there were all these little pools that could be hopped into and transported to another world. In various mythologies utilizing the earth/fire/wind/earth concept, water is often depicted as a doorway between dimensions (just watched an ancient alien show not long ago featuring lockness monster that was an interesting story if nothing else)... I think an omnipresent ancient civilization existing in sort of a pocketed area of the universe that hops between worlds through underwater tunnels would be fun sci-fi way to introduce the Atlanteans.

Option B to introduce Namor I suppose could be a different world along a different string of time due to some past events that essentially created an alternate world stemming from a different possibility. Confusion I suppose could arise though in terms of what point something is a different dimension entirely? Perhaps, a concept with more baggage so I like the idea utilizing an ancient civilization that stems from this world but has drifted (as described in previous paragraph above) better.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think perhaps some sort of water based world would make it easier to integrate Namor.

I remember reading that Narnia book "The Magicians Nephew" where there were all these little pools that could be hopped into and transported to another world. In various mythologies utilizing the earth/fire/wind/earth concept, water is often depicted as a doorway between dimensions (just watched an ancient alien show not long ago featuring lockness monster that was an interesting story if nothing else)... I think an omnipresent ancient civilization existing in sort of a pocketed area of the universe that hops between worlds through underwater tunnels would be fun sci-fi way to introduce the Atlanteans.

Option B to introduce Namor I suppose could be a different world along a different string of time due to some past events that essentially created an alternate world stemming from a different possibility. Confusion I suppose could arise though in terms of what point something is a different dimension entirely? Perhaps, a concept with more baggage so I like the idea utilizing an ancient civilization that stems from this world but has drifted (as described in previous paragraph above) better.

A water based world? You mean, like Atlantis?

A water based world? You mean, like Atlantis?

Just my idea to maybe not have Atlantis simply be under the ocean on earth like in the comics. Instead an ancient civilization once on earth but now removed from it via ancient technology allowing them to travel back/forth between worlds through underwater tunnels within their underwater civilization. Just a fun way to intertwine some science fiction and give the Atlantean civilization more undiscovered distant area to occupy.

I don't keep up with all the episodes but I watched Ancient Aliens Season 8 Episode 7 entitled "Creatures of the Deep" that offers some pretty good science fiction talking about water based wormholes traversing space. It can be seen here on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Aliens-Season-8/dp/B014WGXNWO otherwise if were to google this episode more than likely find the whole thing playing on youtube or dailymotion I'll bet. The end of the episode where they talk about shocked pressurized quartz within the cenote angelita (off the coast of the Caribbean) activating wormholes within whirlpools to reach the ancient Aztec mythological paradise of Tlālōcān is quite interesting science fiction.

An ancient Atlantean civilization echoing down through the ages apart from our world yet ever present kind of Lovecraftian trope implementing science fiction I think would be fun.

Last edited:
Just my idea to maybe not have Atlantis simply be under the ocean on earth like in the comics. Instead an ancient civilization once on earth but now removed from it via ancient technology allowing them to travel back/forth between worlds through underwater tunnels within their underwater civilization. Just a fun way to intertwine some science fiction and give the Atlantean civilization more undiscovered distant area to occupy.

I don't keep up with all the episodes but I watched Ancient Aliens Season 8 Episode 7 entitled "Creatures of the Deep" that offers some pretty good science fiction talking about water based wormholes traversing space. It can be seen here on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Aliens-Season-8/dp/B014WGXNWO otherwise if were to google this episode more than likely find the whole thing playing on youtube or dailymotion I'll bet. The end of the episode where they talk about shocked pressurized quartz within the cenote angelita (off the coast of the Caribbean) activating wormholes within whirlpools to reach the ancient Aztec mythological paradise of Tlālōcān is quite interesting science fiction.

An ancient Atlantean civilizaiton echoing down through the ages apart from our world yet ever present kind of Lovecraftian trope implementing science fiction I think would be fun.

That is very nice and fun but maybe unnecessarily deep and complex as a backdrop for Namor? What you describe would be a great set up for an alternate version of Stargate. :up:

That is very nice and fun but maybe unnecessarily deep and complex as a backdrop for Namor? What you describe would be a great set up for an alternate version of Stargate. :up:

Yeah, I agree. I pretty much just thought ok maybe just have Namor on another world or something to account for where he's been. I just amalgamated an explanation in there from something I had watched earlier.

I do wish a good space or deep sea science fiction movie would come out more often. :)

I think marvel and universal missed the boat with Namor. I really wish they did something before Aquaman because if Aquaman does well Namor could be regarded as a copy and if Aquaman fails then they will likely delay Namor or do a limited and small budget adaptation.

Ha, missed the boat. Nice.

I don’t think they’ve missed the boat in all seriousness though. It’s like when people said iron man was too similar to batman to be a success. Now we know it’s possible to have the two exist comfortably in the fan community

Yeah, a rising tide lifts all boats...

I really want to see Defenders one day with these members at least:

Dr Strange
Hulk
Namor
Silver Surfer
Valkyrie

I really want to see Defenders one day with these members at least:

Dr Strange
Hulk
Namor
Silver Surfer
Valkyrie

I wish we had a proper version of Hellcat rather than the Trish Walker version we've had in Jessica Jones.

It’s great to hear namor might be part of doctor strange. I wonder if there’s a way to fit in attuma too? He’s a great villain. I wonder how they would approach him in a way that’s not too killmonger

I think marvel and universal missed the boat with Namor. I really wish they did something before Aquaman because if Aquaman does well Namor could be regarded as a copy and if Aquaman fails then they will likely delay Namor or do a limited and small budget adaptation.

I’m curious to see, when a Namor movie is eventually released, as to how many reviewers will dismiss Namor as a copy of Aquaman, even though Namor was published before Aquaman.

I’m curious to see, when a Namor movie is eventually released, as to how many reviewers will dismiss Namor as a copy of Aquaman, even though Namor was published before Aquaman.
Probably the same number of folks who think Darkseid is a knock-off of Thanos.

jebwRES.jpg

I feel sorry for the poor sound effects guy who has to work out what sound RROPP makes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"