Upcoming Runaways Spoilers

Colossal Spoons said:
I think we're all getting lulled into a false sense of security as far as Gert "having" to live just because we saw her in the future. The future can change in an instant.

Hence my saying the timeline might change anyways. I'd consider Old Lace at least a half-member, and since there was no mention of 1.5 members being killed, there's still hope for Gert.

AndThePickles said:
In that case, it is acceptable to me if Old Lace dies. Gertrude gets on my nerves :(

I can see how a lot of people might find her annoying, but I dislike Nico and Molly far more. Their points of view are mostly represented through other characters personalities.

I wasn't really singling you out. A bunch more people have considered her "safe" due to the time travel scene. :)

Why, she contributes nothing but annying kiddie remarks to the dialogue and she's good for one feat of strength before she has to take a nap. sounds expendable to me. I don't care if she's "just a kid". Kids need to die too sometimes in the MU.

actually as we saw in the Runaways 2, #1, Molly has grown in her powers so that she isn't out like a light after "A simple feat of strength"

Colossal Spoons said:
Why, she contributes nothing but annying kiddie remarks to the dialogue and she's good for one feat of strength before she has to take a nap. sounds expendable to me. I don't care if she's "just a kid". Kids need to die too sometimes in the MU.

Molly is the heart and soul and comic relief of The Runaways.

AndThePickles said:

Heck yes. Do you know how how sarcastic and cynical the tone would be in the comic if Molly wasn't there? She brings optimism and innocence to the book. All the other characters are jaded.

KingOfDreams said:
Heck yes. Do you know how how sarcastic and cynical the tone would be in the comic if Molly wasn't there? She brings optimism and innocence to the book. All the other characters are jaded.

I don't like what she brings to the book, actually. The other characters are older; I really see no point of bringing in a juvenile aspect. I understand that some people (like yourself :) ) like the "innocent kid" thing, but I find her to be mainly whiney and annoying.

I hope it's either Victor or Chase that dies. I know Chase is an integral part of the team but I don't like him. He's an *******. But in the end, I think I'd rather see Victor go than him. Victor really is just a plot device anyway.

I wouldn't want Victor to go simply because I want to see if he ends up turning evil.

KingOfDreams said:
Molly is the heart and soul and comic relief of The Runaways.

That's Chase's dept, thank you. :o

KingOfDreams said:

That's the one thing I like about Gert.

It's pretty much solidly Chase. Remember Runaways vol.2 #1?
"Chase...in all those years, i never got a chance to tell you... how much...I lo-HURRK!"(dead.)
Future Gert confirms the Chase death. Actually, though, that could be a red herring, because it could imply his losing of communication with Gert. All it does is confirm that Gert doesn't bite it.
Then again, it is technically an alternate future. And any death of any Runaway could easily be undone...as soon as the 4D time portico is up and running again.

KingOfDreams said:
No question. She's the team's light. She makes me laugh. The only other person that would hurt as much is Nico, and I think she's pretty much safe, especially if Civil War takes place after that arc.

I definitly think Chase is the one to bite it.

I think it would be great if alex came back and then chase kills him again. Am i alone with the thought?:o The one without powers is the one who is "hardcore" Ever since victor asked him what his power was that's my new sig.

Lucy in the sky said:
I think it would be great if alex came back and then chase kills him again. Am i alone with the thought?:o The one without powers is the one who is "hardcore" Ever since victor asked him what his power was that's my new sig.

Alex didn't really have any powers either. Yeah, he was a strategist but that's hardly a superpower.

Someone mentioned something cool earlier... having Chase die and continue with the team as a Zombie... he sure would be dead, as promised, but man... Chase with uber-regeneration and acid spit would be kinda cool... maybe it could even tie into Marvel Zombies a wee bit... also the monster genre isn't quite covered by the diverse origin types in the group.

Lucy in the sky said:
I think it would be great if alex came back and then chase kills him again. Am i alone with the thought? The one without powers is the one who is "hardcore" Ever since victor asked him what his power was that's my new sig.
Why would Chase want to kill Alex again? If Alex comes back... why would the runnaways kill him? Do they go around killing all the villains they come in contact with? And what would be so cool about it? I think you actually may be alone in that thought.

I don't know....a "zombie Chase" would have to be super carefully done or it would be really corny.

Hey, they were about to let a vampire on the team. Zombies are next in line. Chase would make the perfect comic zombie too.

Just as long as he doesn't want to eat the other Runaways :(

Colossal Spoons said:
Hey, they were about to let a vampire on the team. Zombies are next in line. Chase would make the perfect comic zombie too.
That'd make Gert a necrophiliac, though. :(

I kind of want Molly to die, just to see if Vaughan has the balls to do it. I think it'll be Victor, though. Last hired, first fired. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"