Upcoming Runaways Spoilers

Zaptoitnow

Sidekick
Reaction score
So in his new Newsarama interview, BKV says one of the runaways dies for real. We were told by the future predicting Abstract that one would as well. Here's the quote:

This is the arc that proves that the only constant in the Runaways' life is change. The New Pride has a book called the Abstract that's able to predict the future with a pretty good degree of accuracy, and the tome says one of the Runaways is going to die. And I can say with 100% certainty that this isn't a fake-out. Before the end of this storyline, one of the Runaways will be dead.

Now, I doubt it means anyhting, but it does say that one of the runaways "will be dead". Wouldnt it be funny to see one of them wind up as a zombie or such? I can't get the thought out of my head, and wanted to share it, lol.

If you have been to runaways the comic they have the funniest story involving a zombie i have ever read:o I hope it's Victor though that doesn't fit in with the abstract.

^No way man. The guys on the team are already outnumbered badly. Who'll pilot the Leapfrog if that happens anyway? I'd love it if Mollie died.

Colossal Spoons said:
^No way man. The guys on the team are already outnumbered badly. Who'll pilot the Leapfrog if that happens anyway? I'd love it if Mollie died.

the baitch with the raptor needs to go.

No its chase for sure and his mind will go in the leapfrog. Or its lucy in the sky cus no one likes her.

Don't touch Molly, and I doubt it will be Gert, Gert's fairly cool (though a little stuck up).

GoldenAgeHero said:
the baitch with the raptor needs to go.

Gert or Molly dying would make my day.

deathshead2 said:
No its chase for sure and his mind will go in the leapfrog. Or its lucy in the sky cus no one likes her.

I know heaps of people who like Karolina :confused:

Colossal Spoons said:

Then let them speck.I don't think Molly would die way to young. Gert was in the future,vic is a robot never alive to begin with,Nico is a leader and BKV really shouldn't kill a leader 3 times.:( Wait a min I just thought of something its Nico cus if anyone else dies she can bring them back but if she dies she can't no its her fir sure.:(

She can't bring them back, they've covered that. they asked her to bring back future Gert, but the spell had been used (and failed to work) on Alex.

Zoken said:
She can't bring them back, they've covered that. they asked her to bring back future Gert, but the spell had been used (and failed to work) on Alex.
Hmm then its Lucy. Im sure this time.Dang BKV left like no clues theres really alot of reasons for one of them to die.

deathshead2 said:
Then let them speck.I don't think Molly would die way to young. Gert was in the future,vic is a robot never alive to begin with,Nico is a leader and BKV really shouldn't kill a leader 3 times.:( Wait a min I just thought of something its Nico cus if anyone else dies she can bring them back but if she dies she can't no its her fir sure.:(

Um, myself included.

*speaks*

Colossal Spoons said:

nah molly needs to stay, theres nothing wrong with her, although her dumbass can annoy me, but gert gets me the most. i hope she dies a good death.

deathshead2 said:
Hmm then its Lucy. Im sure this time.Dang BKV left like no clues theres really alot of reasons for one of them to die.

Even if he did leave clues, when have we ever caught the right ones? think about it, any time he leaves clues he leaves two sets, we go off on one, while he subtly hides another set that we NEVER follow.

deathshead2 said:

She's my favorite character, thank you very much :mad:

I think it will be Chase as well.

Do is it say anything if it's alex's dad that kills one of the members?

I don't see why he would. As of now, he's currently just a bank robber, not a Pride member.

Molly is one of currently 196 living mutants. Marvel can't keep killing mutants off left and right and then replacing them with misplaced mutants who got stuck on rocks.

Granted, I think Vulcan looks cool and I've liked Deadly Genesis so far anyway, I don't think Molly will bite the bucket.

Chase is my favorite character along with Nico, but once I heard that one will die and saw the cover (though it left no clues except for looking really awesome), my first instincts with Chase, Molly, or Old Lace. I consider Old Lace a character.

Nick Eastwood said:
Molly is one of currently 196 living mutants. Marvel can't keep killing mutants off left and right and then replacing them with misplaced mutants who got stuck on rocks.

Granted, I think Vulcan looks cool and I've liked Deadly Genesis so far anyway, I don't think Molly will bite the bucket.

Chase is my favorite character along with Nico, but once I heard that one will die and saw the cover (though it left no clues except for looking really awesome), my first instincts with Chase, Molly, or Old Lace. I consider Old Lace a character.

Hmm, I didn't even think of that. I kinda hope it isn't Old Lace, simply because that would be a bit anti-climatic for me.

The only way I'd be cool with Old Lace dying is if the pain from her death paralyzed Gert or caused some other irreversable damage.

Wouldn't killing Old Lace result in killing Gert, or lobotomizing her? At least something that would change her character, considering they have a psychic rapport. I was under the impression that when either Gert or Old Lace got hurt, the other would as well.

And, though I was going to say that we've already seen Gert's future self, it's possible that she was from an alternate future. In fact, she would have to be an alternate Gert, and although BKV can handle not only his own continuity, but multiple other continuities, I'd like to think he'd avoid all that mess. But, once again, the timeline has a chance of changing anyways because of Alex's dad being plucked from time.

Gert is both the most likely, and least likely to die. She did warn Chase, which seemingly lowers his chances for survival, but if he dies, he might not totally vanish, as the future Gert didn't mention the specific form in which he died, making the Leapfrog/Chase fusion a minor possibility.

In any case, I'm not convinced that Gert is going to die, because of her connection with Old Lace. I am convinced that BKV, while being insanely talented, is also made of evil.

I think we're all getting lulled into a false sense of security as far as Gert "having" to live just because we saw her in the future. The future can change in an instant.

Fenryr said:
Wouldn't killing Old Lace result in killing Gert, or lobotomizing her?

In that case, it is acceptable to me if Old Lace dies. Gertrude gets on my nerves :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumilumi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"