The Winter Soldier Update the outfit for next solo film

Hypestyle

Superhero
Reaction score
just say the Avengers outfit got shredded too badly. Fix it up anew for the sequel. It should have the chain mail look for the top. The blue hues should be darker, like navy blue. The red elements should be crimson, not candy-red.

He should have some helpful gadgets, too, especially since he has the belt pouches now (what are they for, otherwise?)

just...start from scratch. go back to the costume of TFA and look how you can update that design on a 2010+ level.
just ignore that the Avengers version ever existed.
Oh and if you have to make the sequel 3D (which I hope you won't), stay with bright colors, or else it will be way to dark with this goddamn glasses

**** the TFA costume. Take the Avengers costume and go from there.

Make it more like the way the action figures look. Evans also needs to hit the gyms and take some steriods :D .

I kid, I kid. But he could call up Hugh Jackman and get some advice on how he got so freaking huge for Origins.

For the most part I like TA suit but I think they need to make a few changes for Cap2 like doing something to the back of the suit so it isn't so bland and the biggest issue, the helmet. Now, admittedly the helmet does look better in action but I still feel it could be improved upon alot.

Quick off topic comment: I would love to see a Logan/Cap WWII team up film..pure gold imo,

As for the TA Cap suit.. for me, It continues to look 1,000 times better in clips and trailers than it looks like in stills. At this point, I can live with it, however, I think it goes without saying that they will tweak it yet again for the sequel.

The biggest thing they need to do is fix the back of the suit since it's too plain. There needs to be the big star back there and the red and white striping needs to go all the way around instead of stopping in the center back portion.

I agree. They need the back star and the back stripes like THE MOVIE ACTION FIGURES!

The movie action figures which are based ont he promo art don't have this problem.

I wonder why costume designers neglected to do this.

I agree. They need the back star and the back stripes like THE MOVIE ACTION FIGURES!

The movie action figures which are based ont he promo art don't have this problem.

I wonder why costume designers neglected to do this.

My guess is they were trying to make it look more like a uniform than a costume, so from the back it looks like a regular old uniform.

CAPTAIN AMERICA's outfit in THE AVENGERS looks fantastic IMO and is definitely the starting point for his outfit in the CA:TFA sequel.

A few minor touches here and there, e.g., a back star piece that allows the shield on the back, the ear covers should be red, etc.

But TheVileOne said it best in that Chris Evans needs to buff up a bit.

Use TA costume with some tweaks:

-make stripes go all the way around/ add star in the back
-make zippers symmetrical(mainly the chest one)/blend in/ or remove them
-work on the cowl a little more(around the eyes, chin and neck area)

I would like to see them at least try the micro-scale mail shirt from the books.

For CAP 2
I think I would prefer the Super Solder outfit. It fits a more espionage look of what I feel the CAP sequel will be.
sr.jpg

Then in flashbacks go to the good old CA:TFA suit

ss.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the Super Soldier outfit because of the big-a$$ red paneling on the leg. Slim it down so the stripes are equal in width and it takes up only a small portion of the side.

I think I would actually kinda love having Cap with a full-on Cap suit, sans the helmet if they can't get it right. He looks like much more of a badass in both TFA and TA without it.

But I still feel like they can get that cowl right if they keep working at it. 3D wings wouldn't be exceptionally hard to do if you ask me, just make them stylized triangular little metal pieces as opposed to full-on wings, similar to Bucky Cap:
CaptainBuckyAmerica.jpg

Also, make the suit itself feel more uniform-like, rather than something that feels more like a mock-up. I'm reluctant to use the word "armor" but some kind of a lightly padded, properly textured modern armor that takes on the shape of the classic costume (even with some "Super Soldier" elements thrown in like the circled star emblem) could be great.

The Avengers outfit looks silly and out of place, thanks to Whedon's effort to transpose the comic suit onto the big screen, IN SPITE of TFA movie making fun of such attempts using the USO suit as an example. Even Ryan Meinerding in an interview stated he wanted to do a modern take of the TFA suit design philosophy but Whedon basically shot him down and said he wanted a suit that's closer to the comics... well we all saw how that turned out!

I'm absolutely in love with the TFA suit because it's a blend of form and function. I find it brilliant the way the original Cap suit's elements are imbedded into the utility components of the TFA suit. And it's got bulk and extra padding, making Evans look more built around the shoulder areas.

Cap 2 should go back to the TFA roots and redesign the Cap suit with more utility and extra padding while still looking like Cap, and lose the thigh zippers please! The new suit needs to look functional yet remain visually appealing. They can keep the Avengers suit as a base but it needs some serious updating.

Can't satisfy every single person out there but when the vast majority thinks the Avengers Cap suit looks ash, it's obviously time for a change.

The Avengers outfit looks silly and out of place, thanks to Whedon's effort to transpose the comic suit onto the big screen, IN SPITE of TFA movie making fun of such attempts using the USO suit as an example. Even Ryan Meinerding in an interview stated he wanted to do a modern take of the TFA suit design philosophy but Whedon basically shot him down and said he wanted a suit that's closer to the comics... well we all saw how that turned out!

I'm absolutely in love with the TFA suit because it's a blend of form and function. I find it brilliant the way the original Cap suit's elements are imbedded into the utility components of the TFA suit. And it's got bulk and extra padding, making Evans look more built around the shoulder areas.

Cap 2 should go back to the TFA roots and redesign the Cap suit with more utility and extra padding while still looking like Cap, and lose the thigh zippers please! The new suit needs to look functional yet remain visually appealing. They can keep the Avengers suit as a base but it needs some serious updating.

Can't satisfy every single person out there but when the vast majority thinks the Avengers Cap suit looks ash, it's obviously time for a change.

Complete bollocks.

I love the Super Soldier costume, but I don't really see them using it in Cap 2. Though I wouldn't mind if they used it as a basis for a new costume and tweaked it to look more like a Captain America costume.

Though I think the best bet is to just evolve the Avengers suit. I don't really want to see a 2.0 of the TFA suit (but I still want to see that suit in flashbacks). Either that or just start again and try and design a new suit that still tries to be closer to the source material.

I hate Bucky Cap suit :o . And the Super Soldier costume.

These movies are partly for kids. Have you guys seen how kids love Cap and dressing up as Cap? The costume is staying. Iconography is important for these things.

Hardly. Daredevil. The X-Men movies. I can go on.

I hate Bucky Cap suit :o . And the Super Soldier costume.

These movies are partly for kids. Have you guys seen how kids love Cap and dressing up as Cap? The costume is staying. Iconography is important for these things.
Never liked Bucky's CA uniform since it incorporates too much black and is very shiny in the blue areas.

I saw the movie and the costume worked fine. Never took anyone out of the movie and audience seemed to dig the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"