SONY Wants To Kill Captain America and The Avengers

avengerscaptain

Civilian
Reaction score
SONY PICTURES WANTS TO KILL CAPTAIN AMERICA & THE AVENGERS, they paid 5 million dollars in advance to Marvel for Spider-Man 4, and they want the same Captain America release date

It would be ridiculous to delay Captain America any farther and in a chain reaction the Avengers 2 month farther which is plan as a sequel to Captain America

This is one time where Marvel Studio should put their foot down and dictate to Sony Pictures their own release date for Spider-Man 4, somewhere in the Falls or the holiday season

Priority #1 for Marvel Films should be classic Avengers related, and after a cheesy Venom cast and rushed up botched up Spider-Man 3, Spidey should take the back seat for a while and watch how the red white & blue can kick @$$ too.

SONY PICTURES WANTS TO KILL CAPTAIN AMERICA & THE AVENGERS, they paid 5 million dollars in advance to Marvel for Spider-Man 4, and they want the same Captain America release date

It would be ridiculous to delay Captain America any farther and in a chain reaction the Avengers 2 month farther which is plan as a sequel to Captain America

This is one time where Marvel Studio should put their foot down and dictate to Sony Pictures their own release date for Spider-Man 4, somewhere in the Falls or the holiday season

Priority #1 for Marvel Films should be classic Avengers related, and after a cheesy Venom cast and rushed up botched up Spider-Man 3, Spidey should take the back seat for a while and watch how the red white & blue can kick @$$ too
I see a bit of a conflict of interest in taking 5 million dollars and possibly facilitating Sony who is really competitors to Marvel Studio; Marvel should have the last say when it comes to release dated of films based on their characters, whatever studio. Can’t have different studios competing against the greater good of Marvel Studios, and I wouldn’t’ approve of Spider-Man related projects to fast just because of a 5 million check which in the end might deprive of hundreds of millions of Captain America & Avengers related

I found these two posts on another board but I have no idea what they mean!!!!!!!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE FILL ME IN? I can't find the reference to where this is from????

HELP?:huh::huh:

News to me and I hope it's not true. This would really suck. I don't want wait any longer than I already have to for a Cap movie. Screw Spidey

Basically that Sony is trying to bully Marvel out of their 2011 plan by putting SM4 out the same day as Cap.

Probably some truth to it (cause that release date has been money for Sony, so I am sure they want it). I don't think Sony is trying to destroy Marvel Studios perse, I think they just want the big bucks Cap's release date grants.

Basically that Sony is trying to bully Marvel out of their 2011 plan by putting SM4 out the same day as Cap.

Probably some truth to it (cause that release date has been money for Sony, so I am sure they want it). I don't think Sony is trying to destroy Marvel Studios perse, I think they just want the big bucks Cap's release date grants.

Anyway the release dates for the new Spider-Man and Captain America are not set in stone and they will never be the same day.

Yeah I guess no one saw this coming.... Then again Marvel studios pretty much has 2010 to itself... their slate is too ambitious. They can still do Cap, TIH2, and Ant-Man instead of Avengers. I don't mind if Avengers is pushed back some but if it is then we need a Hulk sequel and an Ant-Man movie to fill up those slates... I don't see the big deal in getting Captain America out the same year as Avengers.

I don't get any of these announcements without a script or cast . Its overly ambitious for all of them

I think Cap is gonna be moved for July schedule (didn't hurt the Dark Knight), Avengers the year after.

If I were Marvel I'd fast track Cap for 2010 and put IM2 May 2011. Then let's see Sony try to bully Marvel out of that May release. But I agree with the above that Cap will end up going to July 2011... the thing that worries me is that Cap may overlap with BB3 if that's the case so either way Marvel Studios will have heavy competition from rival comicbook/superhero films.

I think Cap should be pushed back, but not because of Sony (screw 'em), but because Marvel has too many projects on their plate, and it'd be better if they take the time to make them right instead of rushing them out due to The Avengers movie.

I want Marvel to insist that Sony license Spider-Man to use in the Avengers film.. and Tobey Maguire needs to be locked in a room until he agrees to be in it..

I want Marvel to insist that Sony license Spider-Man to use in the Avengers film.. and Tobey Maguire needs to be locked in a room until he agrees to be in it..

It's to early for Spider-man.

Avengers has enough to deal with as it is.

Has Sony mentioned an actual release date yet? :huh:

**** Sony.
Their Spiderman movies are enjoyable but get old fast, now they're trying to do a lameass Venom spinoff.
And they want to kill Marvels plans all because of a release date not set in stone?
Again, **** Sony.

God whatever. There's no firm release dates for any of these movies. Also the studios aren't idiots. They will no not to play the movies against each other because that hurts everyone in the long run.

Sony did not keep an initial release date of May 2nd for Quantum of Solace.

You guys are overreacting as usual. Just like when everyone was throwing Marvel under the bus after the Favreau/Iron Man 2 rumors started.

When that happened you guys were saying screw Marvel.

Captain America should be released on Memorial Day. It's only fitting giving the character's military background. If the movie is done correctly, it could be used to boost moral of the troops.

Captain America should be released on Memorial Day. It's only fitting giving the character's military background. If the movie is done correctly, it could be used to boost moral of the troops.
The 4th of July would be proper

If you release Cap and Avengers during the same summer, you want to release cap early, and then Avengers later.

If you release Cap and Avengers during the same summer, you want to release cap early, and then Avengers later.

Yeah. Based on what we know of the films switching them around really wouldn't work... At all.

Oh, Christ people. Sony said they want a May 2011 release.

There are several dates in May that they can choose, other than May 6th. Calm down.

Yeah seriously.

Spider-man 2 was originally set for early may before being pushed to 6/30.

Yeah seriously.

Spider-man 2 was originally set for early may before being pushed to 6/30.

See the thing with Spidey is they don't need the release date. Also, Harry Potter is getting a May release too.

I see:

Captain America: May 6th
Harry Potter: May 20th
Spider-Man: June 10th
Avengers: July 1st

Yes June 10th is generally not a good position, but Spidey can handle it easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"