Venom now has a stand alone film, according to the studio.

I think the agent venom route is a real possibility, but not for this first film.

I'd like to see Venom appear in an Amazing Spiderman movie first and then give the symbiotes their own series...

Venom (Carnage as main adversary)
Anti-Venom (Brock vs Mac Gargan)
Agent Venom (Flash hunting symbiotes for the government, featuring Brock, Scream, Hybrid, Toxin)
Toxin (featuring Lady Carnage, Carnage, Scorn)

:)

Last edited:
Why don't people think a Flash Venom would work???

Not that it wouldn't but that it shouldn't be the first venom movie.

I don't know if I could see Chris zylka as a spirit of vengeance and a slobbery nightmarish monster. That's just my opinion though. Best to follow the comics I think and go for Eddie!

The venom movie is going to be happening. It's being put together by a quality writer/director too.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Writer Roberto Orci on Sinister Six; Oscorp Unifying the Villains; a Possible Eddie Brock Venom; and the Future of the Franchise
"I think people are ready to have things shaken up."
Roth Cornet said:
The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Transformers, and Star Trek writer and producer Roberto Orci has a full plate with Sleepy Hollow on FOX, third and fourth sequels for The Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, and Sinister Six in development - among other things. We were able to sit down with the prolific writer and producer recently to talk about his new series Matador for Robert Rodriguez's new network El Rey (more on that soon).

During the course of our conversation, we touched on what's ahead for The Amazing Spider-Man franchise, as well as his thoughts on the approach they may take for Venom and Sinister Six.

Jeff Robinov Has Offers for More Than $100 Million in New Financing; Closing In On Studio Deal (EXCLUSIVE)
Alexandra Cheney said:
Jeff Robinov already has offers from Chinese financiers and other investors for more than $100 million to launch his new production company, say those familiar with the matter.

The former Warner Bros. pic chief is looking to raise a total of $200 million to $300 million in equity and an equal amount in debt.

Variety has just learned that ongoing negotiations with billionaire industrialist Len Blavatnik to be the lead investor are over, according to a well-placed source close to the situation.

The 55-year-old Robinov is also in deep discussions with Sony Pictures about signing on as an investor in his shingle and to market and distribute his movies.

Robinov is ideally looking to raise a sizable fund of independent money to produce a slate of films that would complement a studio’s annual lineup. The executive has also talked to Fox about a studio partnership, but he’s more likely to land at Sony.

Amid an increasingly strained economic climate in which production and marketing costs continue to rise, studios are reducing the number of films they bankroll on their own. Partnering up with a self-funded production company such as Robinov’s helps mitigate some of that risk.

During his tenure at Warner’s, Robinov had the authority to decide which films would get greenlit at Hollywood’s largest studio. Prior to leaving the studio last June after losing a bid for the chairmanship to home entertainment chief Kevin Tsujihara, he oversaw such hit movies as “Gravity,” “Argo” and the “Harry Potter” franchise. His years of relationships with top filmmakers and access to stars makes Robinov attractive to investors.

Jeff Robinov Raising Hundreds of Millions From Chinese Investors, Nearing Sony Deal
The Huayi Brothers, a Chinese production company, is in talks to contribute to Robinov's fund

Although this could be a big mistake by Sony, I am actually really looking forward to seeing a movie from the POV of the villains. (*cough*Loki*cough*)

I'd want Agent Venon. Not a villain and far more to him for storytelling purposes

Is anyone else annoyed that Avi Arad thinks that it doesn't matter who's in the suit? I've been a Venom fan since his first appearance and I always thought the suit was just a vehicle, not very interesting in and of itself. It was Eddie Brock that made Venom interesting. The character had a lot of potential, but was often written... poorly.

For the record, I like the Flash "Agent Venom," despite initially disliking the idea, but it's not "my" Venom at all. He's like a totally different character to me and it kinda bugs me that he's called "Venom" at all. While a movie with Flash as Agent Venom could definitely work, it wouldn't be the one I'd want to see.

I think most people would love to see an agent venom movie because he's interesting, fresh, and compelling. but they'd rather see classic eddie brock venom first.

Is anyone else annoyed that Avi Arad thinks that it doesn't matter who's in the suit? I've been a Venom fan since his first appearance and I always thought the suit was just a vehicle, not very interesting in and of itself. It was Eddie Brock that made Venom interesting. The character had a lot of potential, but was often written... poorly.

For the record, I like the Flash "Agent Venom," despite initially disliking the idea, but it's not "my" Venom at all. He's like a totally different character to me and it kinda bugs me that he's called "Venom" at all. While a movie with Flash as Agent Venom could definitely work, it wouldn't be the one I'd want to see.

I couldn't agree more. Gargan and Flash are interesting in other ways, they just don't have the magic than Brock & the alien costume storyline had. The only true Venom is Eddie + the symbiote.

Bit late to the party. Not sure if this has been posted but I'll use it too kick off my contribution. Short movie that treats Eddie as a frustrated journalist/ violent vigilante.
[YT]7YDYL6oECjU[/YT]
I think it could work well if they adapted the idea as a one off movie. Eddie's Vigilante killing spree gets out of control and is stopped by mercenary Silver Sable and the Wild Pack. (Potential spin off move for them too).

The Symbiote is extracted and passed on to Flash as Agent Venom.

Venom arc can work in 3 parts.
1)Parker uses it to fight off then Sinister 6.
2)Brock uses it to battle Spiderman, then become his own anti hero
3)Flash acquires the suit and become's a Merc style spiderman. Doing black ops government missions.

Bit late to the party. Not sure if this has been posted but I'll use it too kick off my contribution. Short movie that treats Eddie as a frustrated journalist/ violent vigilante.
[YT]7YDYL6oECjU[/YT]
I think it could work well if they adapted the idea as a one off movie. Eddie's Vigilante killing spree gets out of control and is stopped by mercenary Silver Sable and the Wild Pack. (Potential spin off move for them too).

The Symbiote is extracted and passed on to Flash as Agent Venom.

Venom arc can work in 3 parts.
1)Parker uses it to fight off then Sinister 6.
2)Brock uses it to battle Spiderman, then become his own anti hero
3)Flash acquires the suit and become's a Merc style spiderman. Doing black ops government missions.

I like the arc you have going here, especially starting off the symbiote with Parker. With its reveal in ASM2 and the incoming S6 it only makes sense. Parker will definitely need some sort of advantage going up against half a dozen villains and the black suit would seem to do the trick.

In terms of the Venom spinoff, I would prefer Flash Thompson. I just think its an easier in for audiences and there is more story to tell. That isn't to say that a Brock Venom wouldn't work. He did have a run as an antihero for a while and the origin is pretty interesting.My only issue with Brock is that his Venom really depends on Spiderman being around. As in Brock Venom lives to get revenge on Spidey, not that his character isn't popular enough. Agent Venom went his entire first run without ever meeting Spiderman at all. He has his own history and can support his own stories.

If Sony is trying build a franchise outside the vicinity of ASM they need a hero that can hold their own without relying on previously established star power.

I like the arc you have going here, especially starting off the symbiote with Parker. With its reveal in ASM2 and the incoming S6 it only makes sense. Parker will definitely need some sort of advantage going up against half a dozen villains and the black suit would seem to do the trick.

In terms of the Venom spinoff, I would prefer Flash Thompson. I just think its an easier in for audiences and there is more story to tell. That isn't to say that a Brock Venom wouldn't work. He did have a run as an antihero for a while and the origin is pretty interesting.My only issue with Brock is that his Venom really depends on Spiderman being around. As in Brock Venom lives to get revenge on Spidey, not that his character isn't popular enough. Agent Venom went his entire first run without ever meeting Spiderman at all. He has his own history and can support his own stories.

If Sony is trying build a franchise outside the vicinity of ASM they need a hero that can hold their own without relying on previously established star power.

I agree with what you said about Eddie Brock. Brock's Venom really does not have any decent story potential. Ideally, I would have Eddie's arc begin and end in a spiderman movie, but he seems popular and if Sony really wants to milk the cow dry, I think that short film would be a good inspiration. He's basically a super hero Dexter. :word:
It should be a one off film that connects directly to Agent Flash Venom.

Last edited:
Flash Venom is infinitely more interesting than Brock Venom.

they need to put Carnage in this two or at least tease it at the end a 3 way fight between venom, carnage and spidey would look awesome.

Deadline:
Sony Launches Female Superhero Movie Mining Spider-Man Universe
VENOM CARNAGE AND FEMALE SUPERHEROES
ANITA BUSCH said:
Lynton talked about an expansion of the Spider-Man universe in 2013, saying that they were going to create a number of spinoffs including Sinister Six and one revolving around the Venom character which first appeared in Spider-Man 3 and was portrayed by Topher Grace. The Venom movie — which we hear is entitled Venom Carnage — is still said to be in development with old pros Alex Kurtzman and Ed Solomon scripting. The Venom pic, which Kurtzman will direct, may also now come out in 2017.

I'm not interested in Venom but I hope they pull it off and produce a good film!

Though I'm excited for a female lead superhero film!

Collider MAY 19, 2017:
#TomHardy is #EddieBrock in #Venom!
DANVE32U0AAJaX4.jpg

Tom Hardy to Lead ‘Venom’ for Director Ruben Fleischer
Well I can't think of a more terrifying actor to play the part.
DAVE TRUMBORE said:
Tom Hardy has shrugged off his Bane costume for an alien symbiote if the latest reports regarding Sony’s planned Venom film are to be believed. You’ll remember that Sony is eager to kick off their own shared cinematic universe based on their rights to Spider-Man and 900 some odd characters, dubbed Sony’s Marvel Universe. We now have an idea of what the intended R-rated kick-off to this universe will look like thanks to the news that not only will Hardy star in the title role as Eddie Brock, but that Ruben Fleischer (Zombieland, Gangster Squad) will direct.

The news broke via press release with multiple trades reporting that the Oscar-nominated Hardy and Fleischer are in final negotiations for Venom. This comes as good news considering that Sony has set the picture for an October 5, 2018 release date. And though Sony is working hand-in-hand with Marvel Studios to feature the more familiar wall-crawler in Spider-Man: Homecoming this July 7th, Venom is going to launch the studio’s own ‘verse’ that won’t be connected to the MCU in any way. Production is expected to start this fall.

Hardy, who will next be seen in Christopher Nolan’s Dunkirk, will undoubtedly fully inhabit the role of Eddie Brock. He’s been known to dive deep into such characters as the psychotic Charles Bronson, the charming Eames from Inception, the damaged veteran/fighter Tommy Conlon in Warrior, and the tough-as-nails Forrest Bondurant in Lawless … and yes, the mumbling terrorist Bane in The Dark Knight Rises. Now Hardy makes the shift to the Marvel side of things and will likely enjoy a lot of CG-heavy action on screen as Venom, the counterpart to the relatively mild-mannered Eddie Brock. Plot details remain quiet, however, so it’ll be a while before we figure out how this movie is shaping up, and just what Fleischer will bring to the table.

As for the post-Venom pictures in the Sony Marvel Universe, screenwriter Chris Yost (Thor: Ragnarok) will write the script for a pitch on Spider-Man characters Black Cat and Silver Sable, building on a previous version of the script from Lisa Joy (Westworld); Matt Tolmach and Amy Pascal will produce the film previously known as the “secret female spin-off project.”

Scott Rosenberg (Jumanji) and Jeff Pinkner (The Dark Tower) are writing the script for Venom, with Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, and Amy Pascal as producers. Palak Patel and Eric Fineman will oversee the production for Columbia Pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"