Punisher script review

Im glad to hear there's a lot of action and high body count...But some of the things that happen sound like they're way over the top, almost to the point where it sounds like its gonna be as cartoonish as Shoot em' up...But I guess death by lobster is better than death by carrot, I hope they fix some of these things up...and i still really hate the whole Frank killing an innocent by accident bit.

We still don't know if this Lexi Draft is the shooting script or what.

Im glad to hear there's a lot of action and high body count...But some of the things that happen sound like they're way over the top, almost to the point where it sounds like its gonna be as cartoonish as Shoot em' up...But I guess death by lobster is better than death by carrot, I hope they fix some of these things up...and i still really hate the whole Frank killing an innocent by accident bit.

Personally, I'm okay with that because it's a cop who is undercover; if he's a really good undercover cop, nobody would be able to tell that he's not a real mobster. So assuming he's built some kind of credentials or history as a criminal (at least enough to get in with Russo,) why wouldn't Castle kill him? It's not like he talks to the police about the people he kills before he kills them.

I'm surprised they haven't touched on that scenario more often in the comics. They sort of did in an old Captain America comic (it's in Essential Punisher #1) where Castle almost kills a female gang member before she reveals that she's an undercover FBI agent. Castle compliments her on her strong cover and almost allows himself to get arrested.

Sure, this is a nightmare realized for Castle, but I feel it is a credible event that is very well in line with the comic books. This is the "bigger than the comics" plot that justifies the film for me, what makes it feel like more than just an on screen version of what we've already seen.

I knew that previous script review wasn't the shooting script. This probably isn't it either. Also no way Lexi is the sole screenwriter. LOL

I knew that previous script review wasn't the shooting script. This probably isn't it either. Also no way Lexi is the sole screenwriter. LOL

The Punisher

By Lexi Alexander

Lionsgate Films

:whatever:

Your right, this does give cause for concern. So is there hope we won't be seeing the drafts previously reviewed? ~ I didn't know Lexi was a screenwriter.

MINOR SPOILERS.........

If that script review is right, they really NEED to fix the following...

Both of these aspects would seriously hurt this film's credibility.

I have a hard time imagining it's a complete rewrite, and not just a new revision. How stupid would Marvel feel if they had their guys fix it up just to have the already existing director knock it all down? I don't think we started hearing about Marcum and Holloway until July, so my best guess is that Alexander made her changes to Sutter's script and Marcum/Holloway have fixed that up.

I asked Kurt about that and he said his script was done well before the prior script review. So who knows.

How stupid would Marvel feel if they had their guys fix it up just to have the already existing director knock it all down?

She's the director, probably the kind that likes to take full control over the films she makes.

jigsaw's run in with the punisher
leads to a GLASS RECYCLER machine
sounds badass

the violence in the script should be maintained, all the criminals should get what's coming to them..

the violence in the script should be maintained, all the criminals should get what's coming to them..

If you don't agree with his extreme methods isn't the Punisher a villain too?
I mean whose to play God and determine what's coming to whom?

Who's writing the script again?

Elvis is fairly accurate 'cause everytime we get a story it seems the writer is credited as someone else... it was rewriters then suddenbly it's Lexi herself... tomorrow Elvis is really the likely contender. I think for the moment we should hold off until everyone stops claiming they are writing or did rewriters on the final draft etc.

I imagine Lexi didn't mean she was "writing" it but doing "re-writes"... but we'll see.... who knows... this is just confusing

i highly doubt lexi re-wrote the whole thing. writing a 100 page script from scratch is no easy task so i'm sure it's just a re-write of the previous scripts. she prolly just put her name on it cuz she's the last person to make any changes to it.

I'm so ****ing confused... Were the hell did the Holloway and Marcum script go?

Wow, I've heard enough and have lost all interest in this movie whatsoever. The screenplay's a failiure. I won't be going to the theater to watch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"