Villain/s of the Shang-Chi?

I think they can easily invent a villain if Shang Chi doesn't have one, or reimagine one from the comics. If martial arts films come up with original villains all the time, then why should this film have any trouble doing that?

They just need to get people experienced in working on martial arts films and know how to hit all the right notes. That was something Iron Fist didn't know how to do at all. The fighting in that wouldn't even reach the bottom rung of martial arts films.

Sure they will have a great fight coordinating team. But was suprised they chose a director not known for making martial arts or action films. Sure it will be fine though

I don't think the Father will be the villain of the first film. I think they'll plant seeds for it and such, but it'll be something they build towards

I think being he's already worked for Disney before, my top pick for Shang's dad is Donnie Yen. The tendency is to get established talent to play the heavies in CBMs. I think Donnie has the presence to play the bad guy and his Martial Arts bona fides are unquestionable.

Yeah marvel like to have twists now. So they might start with him as a villain and then we find out he’s actually a good guy.

And then bam in the last scene we find out he actually was evil all along

Since Marvel does not have the rights to Fu Manchu I guess this would be the logical place to introduce the real Mandarin and also Fin Fang Foom!

Though I don 't know if he's connected in any significant way I wonder if they could introduce the real Mandarin and use him as a villain for Shang Chi?
Yeah that's what I'm hearing-- they are gearing to introduce the real MCU Mandarin.... Actually think its a great idea!

Yeah that's what I'm hearing-- they are gearing to introduce the real MCU Mandarin.... Actually think its a great idea!

Yeah. I thought it was funny that a while after I made that post Marvel studios say they have plans for the real Mandarin. I think Shang Chi is the most likely place they could use him and make him more in line with his comic version and still look at home.

Yeah. I thought it was funny that a while after I made that post Marvel studios say they have plans for the real Mandarin. I think Shang Chi is the most likely place they could use him and make him more in line with his comic version and still look at home.
Check this video out:

Hope we get to see some of Shang-Chi's villains as mooks/henchmen/hirees of his father. There's a lot of cool 70s era villains in there like Shadow-Slasher, Ghost Maker and Razor Fist that could make for cool fight scenes (Razor Fist especially).

maybe it’s too chliche, but i really like the chinese dragons. hopefully there will be some giant dragon fight in the finale, maybe with fing fang foom

maybe it’s too chliche, but i really like the chinese dragons. hopefully there will be some giant dragon fight in the finale, maybe with fing fang foom
That seems more like an Iron Fist thing. Shang was always a little more grounded than that.

See Cool Mandarin redesign

Mandarin.jpg

Wouldn't really call that cool when it's so "redesigned" to the point of looking like an entirely different character.

If you redesign Spider-Man and he ends up looking like Iron Man, is it really a redesign or a completely new entity by that point?

Wouldn't really call that cool when it's so "redesigned" to the point of looking like an entirely different character.

If you redesign Spider-Man and he ends up looking like Iron Man, is it really a redesign or a completely new entity by that point?
Hmmm I dont think its that different from the comics version

See pic from the comics below
Mandar.jpg View attachment 26998

Not knowing much of anything about Shang-Chi or his world, I'll throw in the idea of bringing Batroc back in some small role. It's a martial arts heavy film and Marvel have one of the best martial artists on the planet just sitting there.
5113317-5315717911-44873.gif

If so, give him a thin moustache and a mask this time round.

I think they'll merge or supplant Fu Manchu with the Mandarin. Mandarin will likely end up being Shang Chi's father, which would still be cool imo.

Yeah, I would be surprised if the Mandarin isn't Shang-Chi's father in this.

Yeah that would be a missed opportunity. It would be interesting to see a superhero film about, you know, filial duty etc

Since Shang Chi's villainous father Fu Manchu is considered an antiquated stereotype, he should be replaced with a more politically correct villain named Hipster Goatee, and his henchmen Manbun and Neckbeard. Their evil plot concerns taking over the world's vaping supplies.

Yeah that would be a missed opportunity. It would be interesting to see a superhero film about, you know, filial duty etc

Yes, an MCU movie about a son struggling with his father's morally complicated legacy. I actually wrote a screenplay about that: it's set in Africa, in a futuristic fictional nation, was written for an nearly all-black cast and it contains powerful messages about globalism, colonialism and social responsibility.

My working title is Amos & Andy Ain't Birthin' No Babies, Sucka!

The biggest question (that nobody seems to be asking) is ben kingsley going to turn up in this?

The biggest question (that nobody seems to be asking) is ben bingsley going to turn up in this?

Well that's because he doesn't exist. :o Ben Kinglsey, on the other hand, is a different matter. And some of us have brought him up.

The biggest question (that nobody seems to be asking) is ben kingsley going to turn up in this?

To be honest, it wouldn't suck if Trevor shows up halfway through the movie and becomes a bumbling foil for the hero that has to be repeatedly saved. I love that character.

Yes, an MCU movie about a son struggling with his father's morally complicated legacy. I actually wrote a screenplay about that: it's set in Africa, in a futuristic fictional nation, was written for an nearly all-black cast and it contains powerful messages about globalism, colonialism and social responsibility.

I liked it better when they called it THOR: RAGNAROK...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"