Vince Doesn't See Money in the Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally caught Impact and I gotta say despite a couple of really ****** segments, it was a pretty good show with a really good main event.

Both.

AmWolves would be much better brought into either company as a MMA based tag team. As much as I like Eddie Edwards (and to an extent Davey Richards), I can't see them succeeding in the singles scene. At least, not any time soon. And I can see Edwards succeed more than Richards. And I'm not opposed to that. I would love to see AmWolves in TNA competing with Bad Influence or in WWE feuding with the Shield, Usos and PTP.

Heh. :D

The funny thing is that right now neither company is close to being at their best when it comes to their tag division, but if I'm them I'm thinking there's a spot opposite The Shield up for grabs if WWE are approaching them to come in as a team. If they do an angle after Summerslam between Punk and The Shield and Punk brought them in as his guys they'd be made right off the bat.

Personally I think Richards could fit into that Benoit role in time, Edwards....I just don't see it, but maybe he'll develop like Rollins has.

AJ and Big E need to be kept together, they play off each other so well, I loved the little backstage segment between them.

Forget it! I feel he will cost her the Divas title at MITB, no matter what anybody else says!

Also why did WWE put Ziggler reprimanding AJ for her issues with Kaitlyn on the WWE App instead of the show? Lol

According to The Wrestling Observer, the reason why the McMahon family is currently on WWE TV actually has nothing to do with the USA Network wanting them on TV, but rather is because they decided to book themselves into a story line that will eventually culminate at WrestleMania 30.

While the USA Network has wanted Vince on TV in the past because he has a track record of improving ratings, his current presence on TV has done little to help boost Raw's numbers.

I can just imagine how that discussion went down. :funny:

During WWE's house show event in Tokyo, Japan this week, Japanese wrestling stars KENTA, Katsuyori Shibata and Yoshihiro Takayama sat in the front row, and at one point during his match against Antonio Cesaro, Chris Jericho got into it briefly with Takayama at ring side. Following the match, Jericho cut a promo thanking Japan for supporting him throughout his career.

Takayama kinda looks like a transsexual boxer who wasn't very good. This must have been the show where Bryan shook hands with KENTA. I wonder if WWE invited them, Shibata is awesome, shame he isn't fully committed to pro wrestling.

I wonder if WWE invited them, Shibata is awesome, shame he isn't fully committed to pro wrestling.

Cannot wait for the rematch between him and Hirooki Goto on July 20. Their match at Dominion was amazing.

Cannot wait for the rematch between him and Hirooki Goto on July 20. Their match at Dominion was amazing.

I watched that match last night, Shibata is such a nasty bastard. I hope it's not a shared win policy with this rematch or if Goto wins they have a rubber match planned.

I watched the two Okada/Suzuki matches tonight, they were good but not quite as good as I'd hoped. The second I thought felt more layered but was hurt by the ridiculously long sleeper hold sequence.

To me, TNA does the things wrong that NXT does right with their younger guys.

If I was running TNA, I would:

- Put less emphasis on The Hogans or fire them

- Do away with all the regurgitated Stable War angles.

- Fire just about EVERY member of Aces N Eights besides Mr.Anderson and The Dudleys.

- Take Bully Ray out of the title picture.

- Put more emphasis on The X Division, Robert Roode, Austin Aries, AJ Styles, Magnus, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy etc, The Tag division and The Knockouts division.

- I'd also fire Robbie T, Jessie Godderz, and Robbie E.

These things alone should enhance the product incredibly.

When I see this list, it reflects TNA's booking team especially when you have Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff who are not big in developing talent. I agree that WWE is superior in this area.

Too lazy to find a ron simmons gif. :o

t5nech.jpg

Shield: The Movie

starring:

Paul Dano as Dean Ambrose
Jason Momoa as Roman Reigns
Jason Schwartzman as Seth Rollins

:hehe:

Come on. We all know Seth Rollins is really just Justin Bartha in a wig.

I was thinking about this earlier...

Would the WWE promote Guardians of the Galaxy and if so, would the only cast member they mention in the film be Batista?

It's been a while since we've heard a Batista reference.

Finally caught up on TNA One Night Only: Hardcore Justice II. What a terrible show. The fact TNA is still doing these is bad enough, but to have another one sucks is even worse. The only match that is even remotely worth checking out that was even good was the Ladder Match between Generation Me and Bad Influence. 5/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"