Vince Doesn't See Money in the Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice if the WWE rewards that loyalty by one day letting a UK wrestler be WWE or World Heavyweight Champion.

I get the feeling Wade Barrett, Drew McIntyre and Mason Ryan are never going to get those belts.

Wade Barrett needs some momentum, but can be a world champ one day (should've happened during Nexus, even if only a short reign). But the other 2 need a lot of work, Mason more than Drew. They could be Wade's lackeys.

I may be missing something (wasn't around for the Nexus run) but I don't see it in Wade Barrett.

I like the gimmick, I like his in-ring work, I just don't find him that charismatic or appealing or interesting. At best I think he's a midcarder.

That said, I still find him better than Del Rio & Swagger so perhaps he should be the one feuding with Ziggler (seeing as how the WHC is basically a midcard belt).

Okay a few things I want to cover

- I'd like to see Wade Barrett become a top guy because normally he can draw heat on himself because he's got at being a villain and he's fan put on quality matches when allowed like his matches with Kofi or Sheamus.

- After watching NXT, I actually like how they are playing Bo Dallas off as purposefully annoying because it has gotten the crowd to cheer for anyone going against them. The ovation Cesaro got during the most recent episode was quite surreal.

- I wonder if HHH has already removed scripted promos from NXT like he was said to be planning. Even Jim Ross said HHH was doing that. Anyway, it seems like the divas and male performers are growing into their characters alot easier than they have in a good while. HHH deserves an award for what he's done in NXT.

The future of women's wrestling in the WWE!

Vs

I'm actually also taking a liking to Bayley and Emma in NXT both are comfortable with their characters that don't aren't the usual character types for the divas as well as their workrate in the ring being solid.

Though I do think Davina Rose is a cooler name than Bayley...

If they are purposely making Bo annoying to create an obnoxious heel who thinks he's babyface then kudos to Triple H, Dusty, and everyone else working on NXT.

Watching Rey Mysterio's Biggest Little Man dvd, and the first match was from the PPV When Worlds Collide, from AAA. What stuck out was Louie Spicolli as Madonna's Lover. And looking back, has Spicolli not been a ****ed up druggie, he might have been something special. The dude had a presence about him that just screamed heel. Rad Radford was never going to go anywhere, but if he could have sobered up he could have been something in ECW or WCW. Man, I remember liking the guy in WCW, too.

Ooh, now Misterio vs Psicosis from ECW. Always love these matches.

Mickie James is not a good heel for the simple fact she gets cheered for being hot and sexy.

Dammit, this dvd is making me miss Cruiserweight wrestling.

It's my understanding that this was Tensai's problem too.

puddinpops.gif

Does anyone here hope the atmosphere and direction of NXT is what Raw and SD becomes when HHH takes over?

Dammit, this dvd is making me miss Cruiserweight wrestling.

That's a great DVD,I make a cameo appearance two or times during Rey vs Tajiri for the Cruiserweight championship on Smackdown from 2004,I'm in 5th row marking out and taking pictures..with a disposable camera:doh:

Does anyone here hope the atmosphere and direction of NXT is what Raw and SD becomes when HHH takes over?

I do,I believe in Trips when it comes to business..When he's not involved in the storyline

Man, I need me a best of Dean Malenko dvd from his ECW/WCW days (even though a lot of those matches have already been published on many other dvds),

I do,I believe in Trips when it comes to business..When he's not involved in the storyline

Definitely agreed, HHH has gotten miles better results out of development than dumbass Johnny Ace ever has IMHO. If HHH stays in control of the talent, I think the younger guys might actually become more and more Shovel-proof.

NXT has a lot of potential stars down there right now. The most WWE's had since the early 00s. The future looks bright, and I look forward to being a part of it as a fan.

Caught up on Impact!

- Opening and closing segments were fine in content, Sabin vs Aries was actually pretty good, but the lack of logic in the booking of that whole deal is mind boggling, now Bully faces a guy who'll never be a main eventer.

- Also, why is Perkins now Manik (with a K cos it's cool! :funny:) yet he's still wearing the same costume? :huh:

- AJ vs Kaz was a good match and kudos to Bad Influence for not coming out dressed as Elvis and doing something original instead.

- Gut-check is a joke, Ohriner needs to see if he can get an NXT contract.

- Mickie looked amazing and her promo was brilliant, she seems to be really enjoying being a heel. Personally I think they should have saved the ladder match for BFG and Mickie vs Gail as this will be the first one in a major US promotion to my knowledge.

- I actually thought the MEM segment worked really well, they looked great and the promos were strong. It made Joe and Magnus seem important and I got the kind of vibe I had when Batista and Orton joined Evolution with Triple H and Flair.

Sometimes while watching Impact I think how much they've improved in quality and as a company..But other times in the same episodes I still think they are just a glorified Indy promotion.

- WrestlingDVDNews.com reports that the new title for WWE's Triple H DVD and Blu-ray that comes out later this year is, "WWE: Triple H - Thy Kingdom Come."

The new title for Bill Goldberg's DVD set is, "WWE: Goldberg - The Ultimate Collection."

- There are currently no plans for WWE to bring RAW back to two hours each week. WWE officials like the extra money they're making each week and they are looking at more hours of TV and more rights fees each week. That's where WWE is focused on growing their business right now - not live events or pay-per-views but TV and rights fees.

Partial source: F4Wonline.com

- WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee recently spoke with CitizensVoice.com to promote upcoming live events. Here are some highlights:

Being Divas Champion:
"To actually have completed that 14-year mission is amazing and surreal. I'll kinda leave the title around my apartment, just to remind me of it. Yeah, I put it in the bed with me sometimes."

Paying tribute to Eddie Guerrero by "playing possum" in the match she won the title:
"That was like my shout-out to him for being my inspiration all these years. He was so funny, and whether he was somebody you wanted to boo or cheer - he was so easily (bad or good), and he didn't really change that much of his style. So funny and sassy and shady. He would just cheat all the time, and it was so goofy."

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/375034234.php
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/375033125.php

Video proof reveals The American Wolves of Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards are in talks with both WWE and TNA.
[YT]jghM-XCAzC8[/YT]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee