The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Sequel Info Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't anybody else find it odd that BOF and other websites were invited to a set visit for Batman Begins, but not The Dark Knight?

There is a reason Jett hasn't scooped jack **** since Batman Begins, and it's a quite simple one. Warner Brothers has no need for his services anymore.

Jett runs a fan site exclusively for Batman. After Batman & Robin, the risk with Batman Begins was huge. It was no accident that the script for that film was leaked. And WB used Jett, throwing his site a bone every now and then, as a means of building awareness and support from the fanbase. When Batman Begins was successful, both financially and critically, the job had been done. The franchise was re-established. No more need to keep BOF in the loop.

But the damage has already been done. The exposure and opportunities Jett received from covering BB has turned him into a pompous bag of egotism. Now, he finds himself constantly editing (and even deleting) his own articles to maintain deniability whenever a scoop of his falls through, or when he is proven wrong. And why does he do that?

Because he has to maintain the aura that he is always right, that he is always spot-on, and that he always knew what was going on. When the truth of the matter is, he doesn't have a goddamn clue.

Excellent post.

How funny would it be if Tom Hardy was cast as Maxie Zeus? LOL

By the way, nice name Draven. My wife and I just had our first baby and named him Draven. :word:

How funny would it be if Tom Hardy was cast as Maxie Zeus? LOL

By the way, nice name Draven. My wife and I just had our first baby and named him Draven. :word:

Congratulations and that is great that you named him that. Did you have to convince your wife or was she ok with it from the start?

Just for clarity though. Wally Pfister did discredit NOLA as a shooting location.

You probably already know this and maybe I am just misreading things, but it seems that I keep reading people crediting NOLA for shooting.

Sure, but:

1.That doesn't make Jett any better.
2.The NOLA shoot didn't come from the sources that Crissa trusts.
3.CRISSA SAID IT'S A RUMOR! (not lashing at you or anything)

Jesus, Jett is having a meltdown. Haha.

Sometimes I hate the internet. The fact that this guy gets to go to the premiere of TDK makes me want to hurl. Is this crybaby garbage what passes for journalism in the internet age?

hatersgonnahatez.gif

Doesn't anybody else find it odd that BOF and other websites were invited to a set visit for Batman Begins, but not The Dark Knight?

There is a reason Jett hasn't scooped jack **** since Batman Begins, and it's a quite simple one. Warner Brothers has no need for his services anymore.

Jett runs a fan site exclusively for Batman. After Batman & Robin, the risk with Batman Begins was huge. It was no accident that the script for that film was leaked. And WB used Jett, throwing his site a bone every now and then, as a means of building awareness and support from the fanbase. They wanted the fans to think that their voices were being heard, and that they had a direct impact on the film. When Batman Begins was successful, both financially and critically, the job had been done. The franchise was re-established. No more need to keep BOF in the loop.

But the damage was done. The exposure and opportunities Jett received from covering BB has turned him into a pompous bag of egotism. Now, he finds himself constantly editing (and even deleting) his own articles to maintain deniability whenever a scoop of his falls through, or when he is proven wrong.

And why does he do that? Because he has to maintain the aura that he is always right, that he is always spot-on, and that he always knew what was going on - when the truth of the matter is he doesn't have a goddamn clue.
You're absolutely right.

I can only imagine that, since Jett is such a hyperventilating emotional wreck, and that tends to alienate a lot of the Batman fanbase, Warner Bros' patience with his claims of closeness to them may begin to be running out.

Just to clarify, so that I'm not confused, Jett is suggesting that any website created exclusively for Batman films is a "fake BOF?" I must have missed the news that he has a monopoly on that market.

Again, as a journalist, you throw all credibility out the window the second you dedicate an actual news story to *****ing and moaning about competetive sites.

After a few deep breaths...I just want to know what a "Fake BOF" is. Seriously Jett? Is the internet not big enough for more than one Batman news website? This is EXACTLY why I created Batman-News.com. I didn't want to go to BOF for the next 2 years. I wanted to create the Batman website I had always dreamed of. I wanted people to have an alternative to BOF. Batman-News.com is a "fake BOF"...wow.

Having Warner Bros. respect means he's limited to what he can post. Why does he always brag about their respect? Their respect benefits Jett and Jett alone. Having their respect means he can visit the set, he can see the movie early. So what? How does that benefit me as the BOF reader? It doesn't! It's just one more thing for him to brag about...

Batman-News.com is the alternative to BOF.
Please take my advice and scrap that from your sig. You devalue your own site by putting it in the same category as Jett's delusional bull**** fest.

Frankly, I would like to chin the buck-toothed inbred moron.

Y'all.

Sure, but:

1.That doesn't make Jett any better.

Wasn't mentioning it having anything to do with Jett.

2.The NOLA shoot didn't come from the sources that Crissa trusts.
3.CRISSA SAID IT'S A RUMOR! (not lashing at you or anything)

It's cool. But just wanted to clarify, if it wasn't already.

Congratulations and that is great that you named him that. Did you have to convince your wife or was she ok with it from the start?

Strangely enough, she was OK with it from the start. And trust me, she is not the kind that you would think would be OK with that name. Haha. It was one of my first choices and I couldn't find anything I liked as well as that. Is that your real name??

Just for clarity though. Wally Pfister did discredit NOLA as a shooting location.

You probably already know this and maybe I am just misreading things, but it seems that I keep reading people crediting NOLA for shooting.
Even if you watch the Pfister interview, he's very unsure if they'll be shooting in NOLA (even though he doubts it).

I promise you that Warner Bros. was down in New Orleans looking at possible locations (specifically the Warehouse District). They want to film there. Nolan & Pfister would prefer to shoot elsewhere however. I stand behind my New Orleans source 110%. I know they're legit. The source for this Hardy news has been 2 for 2 so far with the things they've emailed me, but I'm not as confident which is why I made sure to label the post a "rumor".

Please take my advice and scrap that from your sig. You devalue your own site by putting it in the same category as Jett's delusional bull**** fest.
Done!

I agree with this. Show that you're better than him, just ignore him.

The hilarious thing is...I didn't do anything that Jett hasn't done 100's of times in the past. All I did was share a rumor I heard from someone who had a pretty good track record with TDKR news so far. That's it. I never expected it to be all over the internet. I'm glad it is though, people who might not have visited Batman-News.com now know it exists.

I suspect that your site has spread like wildfire because it has a certain aura of professionalism about it that other sources lack. That, and it is trusted by the Hype, and the Hype, I suspect, is where a lot of these sites are themselves looking to in order to find news.

So... if the rumour about Strange turns out to be true, the two female characters could be Catwoman and Silver St Cloud. What do you think about that?

I think Silver St Cloud (or which ever "love interest" fill in the blank is named) will turn out to be Talia under an alias.

Hey, I haven't heard of Batman-news before, but now I have... so I wanted to say: I've just deleted Batman-on-film from my favourites and will henceforth be using Batman-news for my regular fix. Don't let me down.

Edit; Beautiful layout.

I suspect that your site has spread like wildfire because it has a certain aura of professionalism about it that other sources lack. That, and it is trusted by the Hype, and the Hype, I suspect, is where a lot of these sites are themselves looking to in order to find news.
I think you're right. I didn't want to say this and come off as cocky, but I think Batman-News.com does have a professional look/feel. That's the #1 thing I focused on was it's design, I wanted it to look professional. Along with that my #1 priority was to make it easy to navigate. What good is a website if you can't find the news you're looking for?
Hey, I haven't heard of Batman-news before, but now I have... so I wanted to say: I've just deleted Batman-on-film from my favourites and will henceforth be using Batman-news for my regular fix. Don't let me down.

Edit; Beautiful layout.
Wow THANK YOU! I promise I won't let you down. I'm VERY committed to making it the best place for The Dark Knight Rises news :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"