The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Sequel Info Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Moviehole (and they do have WB sources) RISES is going to be the last Batman film for sometime...

http://www.moviehole.net/201033598-new-live-action-batman-tv-series-on-the-way

I wouldn't put too much stock in these reports. WB recognizes that the Batman franchise is a highly profitable one. I think they are pandering to the public for now but once 2014 rolls around and the momentum of TDKR dies down a bit, I fully expect WB to announce a new Batman film for 2016-2017.

Or when Jett posted "MEOW?" lol

After his Bettany/Hulme is Joker "report", I've deleted his site from bookmarks and placed it in spam.

I rarely look at BOF anymore, but I did still have it on my bookmarks...until today.

And Jett's latest tirade:

I HATE doing this sort of thing and only remember doing it twice before during BOF's 12.5 year history.

Just an FYI: Posting anything from the site http://www.batman-news.com is prohibited. I'm sure you want to know why, fair enough.

1) We ("Team BOF") is quite sure that either the person that runs the site or "friends" of the person that runs that site lurk here and turns our well thought out discourse into "news" from "inside sources" on that site. AND...

2) The person that runs that site is the same individual who created a fake BOF site on blogger.com a few years back. This individual was taking BOF logos, news, posts, op-eds, etc. and doing a "copy and paste" job on the blog site. He even altered BOF logos to match the URL of the fake/BS site. I had to hire a lawyer to draft a "cease and desist" order and send it to him and blogger.com to shut him down. Feeling the heat, he did shut it down, but proceded to go on a "BOF/JETT SUCKS!" hate-spree on various message boards (particularly SHH's) every since. I believe he's known as "DaCrissaMan" on various sites. He's been here before -- under that name and many others (including "skcusttej" at one point) -- and has been banned each and every time. It's possible he's here now and has been playing "nice" for a while now, but for some dubious alterior motive.

Like I said, I NEVER call sites out and I've only black-listed a couple before. I just wanted you all to know what you're dealing with when it comes to this tool. If you think we're out of line, feel free to stop reading BOF and posting on this board. If not, SPREAD THE WORD about this person so his BS and way of opperating is well known.

- Jett

So there you go, that's why.
"We is quite sure"

And for the record, I've never seen anything on the BOF forum that was more than discussion. Aside from the occasional Jett post that turned out to be untrue, there is nothing newsworthy in those forums. Jett posts "tips" that seem like insider knowledge to appear savvy to the patrons of his message board. The fact remains that he keeps that message board private for good reason; the news he posts there is nothing more than rumor that he doesn't want his name next to for legal reasons.

If Jett can say DaCrissaman is stealing rumors from Batman on Film, then Batman on Film was stealing rumors from the Hype, because the Hugo Strange discussion has been going on for quite some time. On top of that, I seem to recall Jett taking on-set and behind the scenes fan photographs from THESE FORUMS and posting them on his site whenever TDK was filming in the Summer of 2007.

Last edited:
And Jett's latest tirade:

"We is quite sure"

Haha wow. Well #2 is absolutely true. I did that 4 years ago to prove a point. He did have his lawyers send a letter and that was enough to get me to stop.

It was a huge learning experience, and Jett & I actually last spoke via email in the summer of 2008. We ended on good terms, he even invited me back to BOF's boards if I apologized. I didn't take him up on that offer, and decided to stick around here at the SHH boards instead. I haven't been back to BOF since, and don't plan to either.

#1 is absolutely FALSE and really insulting. My New Orleans source is legit and the person who sent me the Hardy news has been talking about Hardy since the beginning of October. It's not something that was scraped off of BOF's message board within the past few weeks.

I've published 45 articles in the past 2 months. Only 2 came from my own sources, the other 43 all came from various websites across the web, and they were properly credited (BOF included).

Last edited:
I edited the post above with some more opinion. Frankly, Jett is getting way too political and in my opinion is making even more of an ass of himself than in years prior.

What little respect I had left for him has completely faded. He has turned into the eBaum of Batman news.

Haha wow. Well #2 is absolutely true. I did that 4 years ago to prove a point. He did have his lawyers send a letter and that was enough to get me to stop.
-"You fool me once, DCM...shame on...shame on you. But if you fool me, we is quite sure you can't fool me again. YEEEEHAAAAWWWWWW!"

Jett can talk all he wants about how CrissaMan has tried to damage him in the past and what a tool he is, etc etc. But look at the facts here. Batman-News is just posting news and rumors about The Dark Knight Rises. Batman-on-Film is taking time instead to post smear jobs and hate campaigns against competitor sites on its front page. Who would any outside observer with no allegiance to one side or the other deem to be the more credible news source based on the behaviour of those running the respective sites alone?

Jett can talk all he wants about how CrissaMan has tried to damage him in the past and what a tool he is, etc etc. But look at the facts here. Batman-News is just posting news and rumors about The Dark Knight Rises. Batman-on-Film is taking time instead to post smear jobs and hate campaigns against competitor sites on its front page. Who would any outside observer with no allegiance to one side or the other deem to be the more credible news source based on the behaviour of those running the respective sites alone?

Agreed.

Stop thinking with logic. It's bad for you. That's not how things work when it comes to situations like this. Besides, we want everyone on an equal playing field, and you're logical thinking isn't making things very fair. Or fun. :o :woot:

Was Hulme EVER considered for The Joker? For real?

I remembered Jett was so convinced of it, and he actually intereviewed Hulme about it. Hulme was baffled by the question, and denied that he was ever in consideration for The Joker. Or it seemed like it.

CrissaMan, have you thought about giving your site its own forum, rather than just linking to the forums of other sites? Might be another little thing to make your site more complete.

CrissaMan, have you thought about giving your site its own forum, rather than just linking to the forums of other sites? Might be another little thing to make your site more complete.
Yeah I did think about it before I launched the site. I originally only linked to the SHH! boards, but then other websites wanted to be added so we set up a link exchange program.

There are so many great forums out there, I felt that people should just chose where to go, rather than sign up for a brand new one. Maybe someday I'll have my own, but not for The Dark Knight Rises.

Jett's site looks so cluttered and so outdated. I'm shocked that he hasn't changed it.

Jett's site looks so cluttered and so outdated. I'm shocked that he hasn't changed it.

He would if he had the common sense to not waste his time on self-serving pointless rants and masking his contempt for the competition.

I've got an idea. How about we create two more threads.

1. PIMP YOUR BATMAN WEBSITE HERE.
2. DISCUSS JETT'S COMMENTS ON BOF.

What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?
You know, if you don't like the course a conversation is taking, you could try to steer it in a different direction by actually contributing something to the topic at hand (i.e. some TDKR info). I don't see how complaining on the sidelines is any more constructive than the current topic. If anything, it's even less constructive, because at least the current discussion deals with the merits of the different sources for Batman news.

You know, if you don't like the course a conversation is taking, you could try to steer it in a different direction by actually contributing something to the topic at hand. I don't see how complaining on the sidelines is any more constructive than the topic at hand. If anything, it's even less constructive, because at least the current discussion deals with the merits of the different sources for Batman news.

Yep, I've already said that. If anything, all complaining about the course of discussion does is bring it further to the foreground of the thread. It's telling that the last time we had this argument, it wasn't anyone's complaints that changed the subject, but rather us getting some new rumors to discuss.

What do you guys think?

Technically... Jett, BOF, and Batman-News.com are all "The Dark Knight Sequel Info Hunters." Just sayin... ;)

The only reason this turned into another Batman-News vs BOF discussion is because Jett bashed me on his main website, on his forums, and on his Facebook. I don't have a BOF account, so people posted his comments here.

The big news story of the day is that Tom Hardy may be playing Hugo Strange. I posted the rumor last night, and today it's on nearly every movie website. That's pretty cool, and I really hope the rumor turns out to be true! I'd love to see Strange in this movie.

Technically... Jett, BOF, and Batman-News.com are all "The Dark Knight Sequel Info Hunters." Just sayin... ;)

Yes. And also, let's not forget that the reason we're having this Batman-on-Film VS Batman-News discussion is because of a new rumor posted by Batman-News yesterday, which Batman-on-Film is challenging the validity of.

As regards that rumor, discussion of the Hugo Strange character and his possible role in the film probably fits best in the "Hugo Strange" thread, discussion of the possibility of Tom Hardy playing him and how he could play him probably fits best in the "Tom Hardy Cast in Batman 3" thread. And so here, the aspect of the rumor that best fits the context of the thread is probably the credibility of the rumor itself, and in that discussion of course you're going to get Batman-on-Film VS Batman-News talk.

You know, if you don't like the course a conversation is taking, you could try to steer it in a different direction by actually contributing something to the topic at hand (i.e. some TDKR info). I don't see how complaining on the sidelines is any more constructive than the current topic. If anything, it's even less constructive, because at least the current discussion deals with the merits of the different sources for Batman news.

Here's the problem. The "current course of conversation" is nothing more then talking about Jett's rants and website pimping. (No offense DaCrissaMan)

Where's the "news"? Where's the "hunting"?

For people who say that don't care about what Jett says or does you all spend a lot of time talking about the guy.

ATTENTION FOLKS:

This is the SUPERHEROHYPE....a place to discuss comic books and comic book related material.

This is not the place to constantly complain about another site and how it is run.

Someone can start a new thread about looking for sequel news...but if it devolves into a ***** session about any other site....it will be closed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"