The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Sequel Info Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're right. I didn't want to say this and come off as cocky, but I think Batman-News.com does have a professional look/feel. That's the #1 thing I focused on was it's design, I wanted it to look professional. Along with that my #1 priority was to make it easy to navigate. What good is a website if you can't find the news you're looking for?

Wow THANK YOU! I promise I won't let you down. I'm VERY committed to making it the best place for The Dark Knight Rises news :)

I remember DaCrissaMan when TDK was going on. Virals and such. Very committed man. You will do great man, no doubt ;)

I don't usually post on here too much, but this whole rant by Jett really made me frustrated... I mean wow... I almost wanted to send him a email about it, but I figured he would just classify it as spam and delete it. *sighs* But yeah DaCrissa, I love your site! and I loved that you posted your recent article. Even if it doesn't turn out to be true, it doesn't matter. Rumors are always fun to hear. (Though I really hope it does turn out to be true so Jett will be shocked. ;) ) I mean... thats the whole point of these websites, is to have some fun too.

The guys from dallas, he just needs somewhere to let his cowboy anger out.

Shall I tell you what I love the most? That I can easily access the trailers. That literally just made me evening - I'm grinning all over like a complete goofball.

I think Silver St Cloud (or which ever "love interest" fill in the blank is named) will turn out to be Talia under an alias.

And a wig?

How do I go about adding the link to my sig?
Scroll up a bit and click "User CP" on the left side of your screen. Then under "Settings & Options" click "Edit Signature".

I don't usually post on here too much, but this whole rant by Jett really made me frustrated... I mean wow... I almost wanted to send him a email about it, but I figured he would just classify it as spam and delete it. *sighs* But yeah DaCrissa, I love your site! and I loved that you posted your recent article. Even if it doesn't turn out to be true, it doesn't matter. Rumors are always fun to hear. (Though I really hope it does turn out to be true so Jett will be shocked. ;) ) I mean... thats the whole point of these websites, is to have some fun too.
Thanks! I've been tempted to email him since the last time he bashed Batman-News.com...but I've refrained myself. I think he's just so surprised to actually have some decent competition now.

Exactly, rumors are fun! I posted this story for the sake of discussion, and because it came from someone who had given me accurate information in the past. Isn't that what a Batman news website should do? I really hope it turns out to be true though. It would really suck if the 1 piece of news from this source I publish turns out to be wrong, when the 1st two unpublished rumors were true.

Shall I tell you what I love the most? That I can easily access the trailers. That literally just made me evening - I'm grinning all over like a complete goofball.
Great! I can't wait to update that section with The Dark Knight Rises trailers! I think you'll find that photo gallery is useful too, once I start adding new photos :)

Doesn't anybody else find it odd that BOF and other websites were invited to a set visit for Batman Begins, but not The Dark Knight?

There is a reason Jett hasn't scooped jack **** since Batman Begins, and it's a quite simple one. Warner Brothers has no need for his services anymore.

Jett runs a fan site exclusively for Batman. After Batman & Robin, the risk with Batman Begins was huge. It was no accident that the script for that film was leaked. And WB used Jett, throwing his site a bone every now and then, as a means of building awareness and support from the fanbase. They wanted the fans to think that their voices were being heard, and that they had a direct impact on the film. When Batman Begins was successful, both financially and critically, the job had been done. The franchise was re-established. No more need to keep BOF in the loop.

But the damage was done. The exposure and opportunities Jett received from covering BB has turned him into a pompous bag of egotism. Now, he finds himself constantly editing (and even deleting) his own articles to maintain deniability whenever a scoop of his falls through, or when he is proven wrong.

And why does he do that? Because he has to maintain the aura that he is always right, that he is always spot-on, and that he always knew what was going on - when the truth of the matter is he doesn't have a goddamn clue.

Eh...to a point.

I don't think it was ever that much about the fans, no matter who said it. Fans never really had an impact on BATMAN BEGINS and THE DARK KNIGHT. Unless you consider Nolan, Goyer and Jonah Nolan fans, which I kind of do. I think the fact is...the leaks have closed up. This stuff is airtight. News doesn't trickle down like it once did. Because this has become HUGE business for WB. I doubt we'll see the DARK KNIGHT RISES script leak, like we didn't see the DARK KNIGHT script leak.

Set visits are a goodwill extended to almost every major site.

The rumor game sucks.

I used to have some serious sources.

And I hated it.

Because it was always "Tell people this, don't tell them this, or I and 600 other people could get fired, etc". It was always political, at least then, and based around dates information could be released, which was boring. But rumors are no fun if two or three people know them and no one talks about. Rumors are fun because they introduce new ideas and discussion, not because they solidify exactly what we're going to see on film.

Nothing against DaCrissa, because I think Batman-News is a breath of fresh air, but don't take it too much to heart that other sites are running with this. People want Batman news like nothing else, and nothing sells like it. If BATMAN-ON-FILM has a major scoop here soon, they'll run with that, too.

Here's a question for you guys: How would you introduce Hugo Strange? As another party invovled in the manuhnt for Batman, or as a criminal mastermind responsible for the Rise of the Freaks?

I really, really want to tell you how I'd do Strange, because it's got like 19 satisfying layers to it, but on the off chance Nolan isn't using him, I daren't.

Exactly, rumors are fun! I posted this story for the sake of discussion, and because it came from someone who had given me accurate information in the past. Isn't that what a Batman news website should do? I really hope it turns out to be true though. It would really suck if the 1 piece of news from this source I publish turns out to be wrong, when the 1st two unpublished rumors were true.
I wouldn't worry one bit about that. Like you said, rumors are fun, because they provoke discussion. You clearly said it was a rumor, and it seems the other sites that are running the story have made it known to be a rumor as well.:cwink:

I'm VERY committed to making it the best place for The Dark Knight Rises news :)
You should think about traveling to NOLA/Chicago/UK wherever they are filming DKR so you can get us exclusives pics/news etc. before BarfOnFilms I mean BOF has any news. :cwink: :woot:

Beat Jett to the punch!

DaCrissa I am glad that you took regwec's advice about the sig.

Since Jett got to interview Nolan, and took a picture with him he thinks he is best buds with him. Guys a dick to be polite

I really, really want to tell you how I'd do Strange, because it's got like 19 satisfying layers to it, but on the off chance Nolan isn't using him, I daren't.
Do it.

You should think about traveling to NOLA/Chicago/UK wherever they are filming DKR so you can get us exclusives pics/news etc. before BarfOnFilms I mean BOF has any news. :cwink: :woot:

Beat Jett to the punch!

That would be fun, but Batman-News.com is just a hobby. I have a full time job that would prevent me from doing that. I do have people in New Orleans & Chicago who are going to try to get pictures/news around the set though. If anyone is in the UK...email me :)
http://batman-news.com/contact/

DaCrissa I am glad that you took regwec's advice about the sig.
Me too :)

According to Moviehole (and they do have WB sources) RISES is going to be the last Batman film for sometime...

Joel Schumacher won’t be answering to the call of the illuminated but foggy Bat Signal this time. When “The Dark Knight Rises” is completed, Warner Bros are said to be putting the “Batman” film franchise to bed for a while – they won’t, unlike the last time, add some civil war bandage to the bat’s decrepit wings to keep it flying.

Nope, they’re as keen as director Christopher Nolan is to see the series go out on top. Naturally Batman will return to the big screen sometime – but that film, be it the long-rumoured “Batman vs. Superman” or a new take on the character, likely won’t happen for quite a few years, and most likely, Nolan won’t be involved.

He’ll be handing in his keys to Wayne Manor after 2012′s “Dark Knight Rising”.

http://www.moviehole.net/201033598-new-live-action-batman-tv-series-on-the-way

Just putting it out there, but thanksgiving is nearly upon us. TDK virals started to get heavy around this time two years ago. As the gotham times was discovered then. Very very unlikely something will happen, but just throwing it out there!

So when the hell is this big official announcement coming that Jett said was going to happen?

I suspect that your site has spread like wildfire because it has a certain aura of professionalism about it that other sources lack. That, and it is trusted by the Hype, and the Hype, I suspect, is where a lot of these sites are themselves looking to in order to find news.

This. I'm not really up to date on the Jett drama that I've been reading on this board for the last few years, but the reason I don't go to his site is not about him as a person, but mostly that its one of the most poorly designed websites I have ever seen. It literally hurts my eyes.

So when the hell is this big official announcement coming that Jett said was going to happen?
Jett has been saying "soon" literally since April. Then he said "holiday 2010". All you need to know is that Warner Bros. has said an official announcement will come before the end of the year. This is a superhero announcement, so hopefully Batman is included. I don't see why they'd leave out their most popular hero!

This. I'm not really up to date on the Jett drama that I've been reading on this board for the last few years, but the reason I don't go to his site is not about him as a person, but mostly that its one of the most poorly designed websites I have ever seen. It literally hurts my eyes.
Ha! So you like Batman-News.com's look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"