Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Online

Discussion in 'PC' started by Nathan, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Nathan Registered

E3 Trailer
    [YT]hHu4Na0lsd0[/YT]​

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Drz Real Hero

I love they're keeping the "Vigil" style, since this is from the makers of Darksiders. Tho yeah this is their 2nd game, so very skeptical. Hope its not a monthly fee MMO. :p

3. Nathan Registered

Doesn't seem too bad so far. It looks like a 3rd person shooter with MMO elements thrown in. How it should be.

4. Raiden Wakanda Forever

I'd play this game if I still have the time to play a MMO, but unfortunately those days are behind me now.

5. Drz Real Hero

6. Nathan Registered

Nice find. Man, why do there have to be so many great MMOs? I was always against playing 2 at the same time, but if this plays as great as it looks, I might have no other choice.

7. Drz Real Hero

Haha i know! I also love that MMOs such as Dark Millenium Online and Knights of the Old Republic are realizing that its more about a stylish art style than HD Über new graphics! WoW has great art style even tho they're using a very old engine, and these two MMOs are folowing the example of using a great art style that can still look fresh and exciting even if its years old, not to mention the server stability is important.

Warhammer Online by Mythic first seemed to be going for PvE, but then like 1-2 years before releasing they shifted back to their RvR mentality and i think this suffered them alot, but it seems Vigil right now has the clear idea of going for what Warhammer is all about. It's about WAR and LOTS of it. So yeah i do hope they're going for a big PvP route here, while also having dungeons and stuff where we can fight demons, nekrons, tyranids and whatnot! Other Ork clans for example!

I wonder how they will decide the Chaos race. Warhammer Online decided to go with Tzeentch and all their 4 classes we're magic related, but will Dark Millenium Online follow the same route? Or will we have players being able to choose the god? Or will this MMO have a class system where the tanks are Nurgle, Meleers are Khorne, Casters are Tzeentch and healer/casters are Slaaneesh? Thats just one example, you can really but a big spin on all of 'em, except Khorne since they hate magic and whatnot. :D

8. Nathan Registered

I wonder how extensive the Order selection will be. Let's take the Space Marines for example. They've got tons of Orders, like the Black Templars, Blood Ravens, Ultra Marines and lots more. I wonder how many of those will be available to choose from. I so hope I can become a Demon Hunter.

[​IMG]

9. Drz Real Hero

Playing as a Black Templar/Demon Hunter/Space Wolf would be a dream come true, but yeah alot of pondering how they're gonna handle the factions and class system. Orks are the easiest to figure out. make Mek'Boyz or so like the healers, while also having another Mek'boyz for the ranged combat, unless they truly wanna blend ranged and melee into one big thing, like Space Marines got the guns + chainsaw swords. :) So yeah there is alot of potential in the IP.

10. Nathan Registered

Even though this game will be about multiple factions shooting, slicing and kicking the hell out of each other, I hope there'll be an event that forces everyone to put their differences aside and work together.

I think it's always fun to fight side by side with your most hated enemies, who you just want to shoot in the face, but can't because there's a bigger threat.

[YT]U_Sb7r8TXEY[/YT]

But I'm glad this game is shooting for a release window in 2013. That gives me 2 whole years to play another MMO and I don't have to worry to play a 2nd one at the same time.

11. Drz Real Hero

Gameinformer article

The writer talks about how he's worried this will be a WoW clone with Warhammer characters, but the THQ president is saying we'll be seeing actual gameplay footage in the coming 6 months.

12. Drz Real Hero

From Gamescon, the 1st playable race announced! Imperium of Man:

I hope you can choose a Female Space Marine and that becomes a Battle Sister.

13. Mr. Earle Registered

It would be great if you could start as a simple Imperial Guardsman and by proving your worth a chapter chooses to make you a Marine. I dont know if that would happen in the WH universe though. But it would be nice if the IG was represented as well.
    Just make sure that the Guardsmen have skills so that you dont die like a fly and that they are on the same side as the Marines. It was silly that they were fighting in the DOW campaign.
    Sisters of Battle would be nice too. Lets hope that the world is filled with big populated cities, and not just barren battlegrounds and ghost cities.

Also, they best be adding Tau to the mix. Tau are probably the most interesting race and they remind me of my favourite Protoss from Starcraft.

14. Nathan Registered

15. Vile The Future is Vile

This game will be my WoW killer.

16. Nathan Registered

Kotaku