Warner Bros. to Reboot Lethal Weapon

Well I was talking about more around here I dont hear him rumored for that many roles.

WOrthington was though and I too am happy that he doesnt seem to be as big of a presence

But I think Pine has more gravitas than Worthington. Also, he hasn't been overexposed (yet) so he's cool in my book.

oh I agree I would take pine anyday, in fact i can see pine being around alot longer then worthington as an actor. actors like worthington who dont have much range can only last so long before its off to the straight to bluray section.

I think it'd be better to "continue"...have Murtaugh as a Captain or something

I dunno....I have this odd feeling this isn't going to get off the ground

If Worthington gets anywhere within a foot of this film, I will never frogive WB for this.

The only way they could win me over is getting a top notch director, great cast, as possibly Black to come back and write.

Goddammit, Bale as Riggs and Washington as Mutagh would make me see it.

But this probably own't happen. I'm betting that we're getting a second rate crew.

If Worthington gets anywhere within a foot of this film, I will never frogive WB for this.

The only way they could win me over is getting a top notch director, great cast, as possibly Black to come back and write.

Goddammit, Bale as Riggs and Washington as Mutagh would make me see it.

But this probably own't happen. I'm betting that we're getting a second rate crew.

to be fair....let's look at when the first film came out, Mel Gibson wasn't really known, except to the Mad Max fans, and, The Color Purple aside, Danny Glover was a "that guy" up to that point

if Worthingont in teh movie would act like he is interviews i would give him a chance

on DVD

he's great in interviews, extremely meh/bland/charisma black hole on screen

Its funny how he still gets roles and the GA still barely knows his name. Sure they recognize him as the guy from Avatar.

If your name is recognizable after starring in the biggest movie in history (not counting for inflation) then it never will be

to be fair....let's look at when the first film came out, Mel Gibson wasn't really known, except to the Mad Max fans, and, The Color Purple aside, Danny Glover was a "that guy" up to that point

But by talent I meant. Not only do these actors have to go off of a chemistry and acting so great to that of Gibson and Glover, but most likely, the talent itself to this crew probably won't be much. They'll probably hire a writer who's written ****** films, a director with barely any experience, and a some Channing Tatum and go to black actor.

Clash of the Titans anyone? I like Louterrier and thought he was a cool fit when I heard about it, but everything else felt second rate in talent. That film may not be entirely his fault, but damn...

Lennie James as a new modern Riggs? I could see it. If we can't get Washington, I could see that.

Where is this Chris Pine/Sam Worthington crap coming from? Martin Riggs is supposed to be a suicidal nutcase. Something that neither of those two actors can pull off. A more realistic choice would be Robert Downey, Jr. Of course, he would never do it, but you get the point. Hugh Jackman (who's Australian like Mel Gibson) would make more sense as well. Or, if you REALLY wanted to do something out of left field, then Jason Statham. Don't forget that Martin Riggs is military trained, a weapon's expert, and studied martial arts. That's why he's registered as a LETHAL WEAPON. As for Roger Murtaugh, he's the straight man. Denzel Washington would have ham it up. You have to look at actors like Delroy Lindo.

The Chris Pine thing was more of a joke by yours truly, though I like the guy as an actor. But yeah, he doesn't have the intensity.

YOu need someone more like a Downey Jr. If you want, maybe.....CHRISTIAN BALE. Michael Fassbender? HMM?

BUT I WOULD RATHER HAVE NO ONE. Because me no wants reboot. awww!

Christian Bale would never do it. Honestly, if this happens, I don't expect any A-List actor to sign on. They would have no reason to do so. The role will go to an up-and-comer or a veteran actor who wants to move up in the business. At least as far as Martin Riggs is concerned. Roger Murtaugh is an older character, so an older actor will be cast. Maybe there they go find someone a bit more high-profile. Someone who'll do it just for the paycheck. When is Wesley Snipes getting out of jail?

I think WB is not thinking why the original film(s) were good. The actors and the Shane Black dialog.

Those were in fact the best aspects of the first two films.

Where is this Chris Pine/Sam Worthington crap coming from? Martin Riggs is supposed to be a suicidal nutcase. Something that neither of those two actors can pull off. A more realistic choice would be Robert Downey, Jr. Of course, he would never do it, but you get the point. Hugh Jackman (who's Australian like Mel Gibson) would make more sense as well. Or, if you REALLY wanted to do something out of left field, then Jason Statham. Don't forget that Martin Riggs is military trained, a weapon's expert, and studied martial arts. That's why he's registered as a LETHAL WEAPON. As for Roger Murtaugh, he's the straight man. Denzel Washington would have ham it up. You have to look at actors like Delroy Lindo.

Please no Statham. That's another nightmare choice. In fact, that sounds like something they would go with.

Christian Bale as Riggs
Denzel or Lennie James as Murtagh

But Christ, why am I even saying this?

Damn, I really hope they remake Westworld. I enjoyed the original, but it could be so much better.

I think WB is not thinking why the original film(s) were good. The actors and the Shane Black dialog.

Those were in fact the best aspects of the first two films.

Don't forget Michael Kamen's brilliant score:

[YT]99fZheGw1dE[/YT]

Please no Statham. That's another nightmare choice. In fact, that sounds like something they would go with.

Statham does a lot of bad movies, but he's not a bad actor.

He's not a bad actor. He just does what he gets paid to do and is good at doing it. Being a badass action star. He just he just doesn't have what it takes for Riggs. Statham, as much as I like him, just feels like the flavor of the month action star to me. Gibson wasn't that. You need a real actor to pull this off.

I don't think the remake/reboot will tackle the suicidal psycho-path angle. Mel Gibson's recent history has made it obviously that the man was just playing himself. It'll remind audiences too much of Gibson if you have some actor saying, "DO YOU REALLY WANNA JUMP?! Well, that's fine with me a-hole." They'll just focus on the "lethal weapon" aspect of the character. Which Statham would be good for since he's actually a lethal weapon in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"