Iron Man Was this really Iron Man?

Yes.

He's not like Punisher or even Wolverine for that matter but from time to time he does kill here and there if there's no other way.

He tries not to kill but sometimes it happens. So him killing those guys from the 10 Rings in that village didn't bother me at all.

OK, well, I stand corrected then. I still think of Iron Man as a superhero though and not an anti-hero, and therefore I disagree with him ever killing.

I totally disagree. There's a difference between killing to be vengeful, and killing to protect others. Ask any soldier or poliece officer, and those guys are real heroes.

OK, but that's real life. We're talking comic book fantasy superheroes here, and, IMO, apart from the darkest anti-heroes, they should never be allowed to kill.

I like this scene...

ironmankillste3.jpg

This is just going too far, IMO.

If this is going to far I'd hate for you to read a Punisher comic. Dude has killed people who jaywalked!

OK, well, I stand corrected then. I still think of Iron Man as a superhero though and not an anti-hero, and therefore I disagree with him ever killing.

OK, but that's real life. We're talking comic book fantasy superheroes here, and, IMO, apart from the darkest anti-heroes, they should never be allowed to kill.

This is just going too far, IMO.

I don't think it's going too far. Why must a hero or "good guy" always have to be either a kill crazy ******* or a goody goody. If anything I liked that about Stark from the comics...he doesn't believe in outright killing but it's not below him.

Not allowing a "superhero" to ever kill is ridiculous excluding certain age old heroes. Like Batman, Spider-Man and I think Superman, it's been a part of their character since almost the beginning(Batman used a gun in a few original issues before they rectified him).

I think it just gets boring after awhile. Every once in a great while for a character like Iron Man or say Incredible Hulk I think is perfectly fine. Only so long as they had little to no other options.

^^ didnt iron man kills people pretty regularly now in his current series?

The extremis mutants and whatnot? he even killed Bloodscream...old wolvie villain.

If this is going to far I'd hate for you to read a Punisher comic. Dude has killed people who jaywalked!

Read the entire message before commenting on it.

Only so long as they had little to no other options.

I just don't think they should be put in that position, either in the comics or in the movies.

An for the record.... BB was not that Faithful either... want two examples?
1. Ducard is RAG? :huh:
2. Who the hell is Rachel Dawes?

Just two examples, I can give you more if you wanna continue this. True to the comics or not, both movies were great, and I'd say they're tied (to each his own pros and cons) as my favorite comic book films.

Read the entire message before commenting on it.

I just don't think they should be put in that position, either in the comics or in the movies.

I read your post and commented on it. It was a complete waste of space but I read it. :whatever:

So is this the "Let's insult people thread"?

Angeloz

I responded to a post and I'm being criticized. I'm just answering. Besides, I didn't insult anyone. :o

I responded to a post and I'm being criticized. I'm just answering. Besides, I didn't insult anyone. :o

It was a general question not aimed at anyone in particular. I should of added some sort of smiley like a frown i.e. sad.

Angeloz

LOL! It's ok Awesome! I actually laughed at your response. You are cool in my book!

am i the only one who thinks Bale is slightly overated? I like him and he's my fav batman, but on these boards he's made out to be one of the best actors if not the best actor in the business, and really out of all the movies i've seen with him i always see Christian Bale, and not the actual character, not like say Johnny Depp or Daniel Day Lewis where you totally forget the actor and only see the character.

hold up i'm confused, you have said multiple times in this thread that you liked Iron Man and thought it was actually better than Batman Begins, but then you say this in another thread????

What I didn't like:

RDJ was Tony Stark till when he returned back from being captive. Then he became comedic RDJ not Stark

Did not like the tone of the film. Was COMPLETELY wrong for Iron Man

Terrence Howard under-used(as someone said)

Final Battle did not grab my attention at all

Film took no real risks and was far too safe and simplistic

Tony Stark should have been fleshed out more at the beginning. Did not feel any sense of tranformation from him

Oh yeah...and the movie is over-rated because everything else sucks.

Told you, dude only made this thread as a way to bash a Marvel movie but try to do it slyly. Dude doesn't know that if this movie bombed then that wouldve been it for any GL movie hopes.

That's why you joke about it. And ask if he's meant to be Drug Man? Nude Man? Tin Man? Computer Man? Silly Man? So on and so forth. ;)

Angeloz

I read your post and commented on it. It was a complete waste of space but I read it. :whatever:

You couldn't have read it all, and if you did, you didn't understand it, because the comment you made makes no sense in the context of what I wrote.

That's why you joke about it. And ask if he's meant to be Drug Man? Nude Man? Tin Man? Computer Man? Silly Man? So on and so forth. ;)

Angeloz

I ... am ... Iron Man.

Made a pair o' knickers from an old tin can.

Dude only thing I said was the Punished killed people for jaywalking. Geez man. No need to get defensive.

It was a general question not aimed at anyone in particular. I should of added some sort of smiley like a frown i.e. sad.

Angeloz

What's with the name at the end? Your screenname shows every time you post, no need to sign each one individually, lol.

If he doesn't sign, we wouldn't know he did it. You'd never win in court without his sig. Gosh! :grin:

Dude only thing I said was the Punished killed people for jaywalking. Geez man. No need to get defensive.

Not gonna argue with you any more. You're not getting my point, but I can't be bothered trying to make it any more.

hold up i'm confused, you have said multiple times in this thread that you liked Iron Man and thought it was actually better than Batman Begins, but then you say this in another thread????

So a Batman fan is Two- Face? How ironic. :woot:

Guys, Iron Man is a comedy...accept the FACT. FACT is FACT, you cannot hide from it.

X-men was dark

Batman Begins was dark

Iron Man was light

You can't have OH, IT WAS LIGHT AND DARK

Nope. Iron Man was a family drama/comedy as confirmed by the director, Jon Favreau

End of discussion.

Still liked Iron Man but was not that great or special

Guys, Iron Man is a comedy...accept the FACT. FACT is FACT, you cannot hide from it.

X-men was dark

Batman Begins was dark

Iron Man was light

You can't have OH, IT WAS LIGHT AND DARK

Nope. Iron Man was a family drama/comedy as confirmed by the director, Jon Favreau

End of discussion.

Still liked Iron Man but was not that great or special

Just get the **** out of here. When you say X-men was dark but Iron Man is a comedy...just shut up already.

It had comedic moments but was not a 'comedy'.

The fact that you say that you can't have it Light and Dark shows what an ignorant bastard you are. So in your views, movies have to be fully one or the other??

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"