Endgame Wasp/Hope Van Dyne - Evangeline Lilly

I love the character and that Evie is perfect for the role. Shes my one of my faves next to Cate Blanchett.

I like Evangeline Lilly too and hope that Wasp has a more active role with the Avengers from now on.
BTW, I still can't believe how they managed to make a stunner like Lilly look like an ugly spinster in the first Ant-Man. That haircut was hideous.

"Spinster"?

Oh lordy... No hyperbole there, huh?

how is she in the comic compared to Lilly's portrayal?
Well the MCU version might as well be it's own thing, in name only but... Well it's complicated.

There is a character called Hope Pym in comics associated with May Day Parker, the alternate universe daughter of Peter and MJ. There was a line of comics that posited a Marvel Universe pushed further in the future with legacy characters mixed with older versions of classic Marvel heroes. This version had a history as a villain who tried to kill the next generation of Avengers.

So... Quite different.

I actually have to ask this since I don't remember it from either of the Ant-Man films but... Hope's last name is Van Dyne, no? Shouldn't it be Pym? Did she take her mother's name as part of trying to convince Cross she was on the outs with Hank? Was that something in the first film?

Well the MCU version might as well be it's own thing, in name only but... Well it's complicated.

There is a character called Hope Pym in comics associated with May Day Parker, the alternate universe daughter of Peter and MJ. There was a line of comics that posited a Marvel Universe pushed further in the future with legacy characters mixed with older versions of classic Marvel heroes. This version had a history as a villain who tried to kill the next generation of Avengers.

So... Quite different.

I actually have to ask this since I don't remember it from either of the Ant-Man films but... Hope's last name is Van Dyne, no? Shouldn't it be Pym? Did she take her mother's name as part of trying to convince Cross she was on the outs with Hank? Was that something in the first film?

I don't know if it was ever established in the movies that Hank and Janet were married. Therefore, the VD name could have been her Mom's preference for Hope.

Im pretty sure Hank refers to Janet as his wife during the scene in Bill fosters office...

I didnt mind the hair Hope had in the first movie but damn shes so mesmerizing in the 2nd movie. I just get so lost by her beauty.

Last edited:
You have to wonder what it was like for her to get to the Endgame final fight.

Did Wong show up in San Fran and explain it all to her and let her suit up before zapping her to upstate NY?

I don't think poor Hope got much of an explanation from Wong. She was the only one who showed up looking confused.

But in Wong's defense, it's not like he had a lot of time. The unsung hero of the final battle was slinging hundreds of aliens, humans and battleships from across the galaxy to Upstate New York while Diva Strange was making his dramatic entrance.

Either I saw the movie in crappy theaters, or they added some things for the home release.

In the "she's got help" scene, Hope turns on her bright yellow Wasp sting bracelets before heading off to battle with the other women.

I never saw that flash of yellow in theaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"