Wayward Pines

They cancelled Gracepoint which was a mini-series.

The ratings are decent and all 10 episodes have been filmed. It's a stretch.

The ratings are decent and all 10 episodes have been filmed. It's a stretch.

Networks have cancelled shows mid season even tho more episodes were filmed. They either never air the remaining filmed episodes and just dump them on a DVD release (Firefly) or they dump the remaining episode(s) in a random unused time slot like on a Saturday.

I fell asleep twice during each episode... nothing is grabbing me. It reminds me too much of that weird show that starred Sam Neill from a few ears ago, and not LOST/Twin Peaks/X-Files like it's trying hard (wishing it was) to ape.

I'm still in. I've watched a lot worse. :p

I'm still really enjoying this. The wife and son are obnoxious as hell though.

I'm really liking this show and how mysterious it is.

I don't think Beverley or Pope are dead. It just seemed a bit too convenient.

I'm digging this show so far, has me interested and curious.

Why is nobody talking about tonight's episode?

Not sure. This was the big reveal.

Yeah it was, after last weeks slower episode tonight ramped it up again with more reveals.

My reaction:
dc92GSx.gif

Hmmm. So they are taking car crash victims then keeping them in deep freeze for 2000 years then waking up the ones they need.

If all the humans mutated who was looking after the ones in deep freeze?

I take it the government in 2014 knew about the mutations and built Wayward Pines in 2014?

Why not tell the adults? They think they'll go mad or try and escape? Not telling them isn't really helping.

If the abbys are animal like why didn't they just poison them? Or attract them into large killing pits or something?

Well guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hmmm. So they are taking car crash victims then keeping them in deep freeze for 2000 years then waking up the ones they need.

I take it the government in 2014 knew about the mutations and built Wayward Pines in 2014?

Why not tell the adults? They think they'll go mad or try and escape? Not telling them isn't really helping.

If the abbys are animal like why didn't they just poison them? Or attract them into large killing pits or something?

It is a bit risky and kind of dumb. I mean, theres gotta be better ways to kidnap the ones they wanted to save from the coming devolution of man and fall of civilization other than dangerous setup accidents. Staging car accidents risks the death of the person or persons they want to get.

And not telling the adults seems like a questionable decision thats going ro be addressed in the next episode based on the preview. I doubt the whole story of Wayword Pines will remain a secret for long. The Burkes are going to probably blow the whistle.

And I hope they explain how the devolution happened so quickly. The fall happened sometime after 2095 so I guess its possible that by that point humans may have been fiddling with genetic manipulation and it resulted in the aberrations. But the idea of homo sapiens evolving into the abbies in only 2000 years is pretty absurd unless humans were messing with some serious genetic manipulation prior to the aberrations happening.

Im having a hard time with the whole time jump. This many years later how would they still have parts for all of the cars and appliances. Gas. Electricity. If they have been up and running for 12 years at least they would have used up a lot of supplies, including the ice cream. Still seems far fetched to me. :(

Great episode, and the reveal had me blown away. I think I need to watch the earlier episodes again to see what I missed.

I figured it was going to be a bit more of a slow burn type mystery but am quite intrigued and liked the reveal in the last episode...

I figured there must be some time travel element though because we have seen the Dr (toby jones) back in 2014 talking with Ethans old secret service partner about bringing the wife and kid to Wayward pines... so I guess if there is time travel they can just go back and forth for supplies too. If that is the case though, surely they could just stop the problem from occurring so there must be something more going on.

I wonder who "they" are though that are watching and on the other end of the phones. I thought it was going to turn out to be some kind of experiment but now, I'm guessing it's just a team of "higher ups" controlling the population maybe..

There's no time travel. Everyone was just in hibernation. When we saw the Dr. back in 2014 it was simply him in 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"