Wayward Pines

Heck of a finale.

Kind of saw the ending coming though.

Did you find it online or something? I thought the last episode was on tonight?

Dr Manhattan : nothing never ends.
Fine final for a mini series.

The finale was ok, and then the last 3 minutes happened and pissed me off.

It was just an ok ending. Definitely not horrible, but it wasn't anything great.

What the **** was that?! Those final few minutes ruined the series. Awful, absolutely awful.

And I loved the rest of the show as well...

That ending was kind of a dud. I don't know why they ended with the first generation a-holes being the ones who took over and all the previous awakened were put back. It felt like a waste to follow that group then for most of tonight just to see them put back and not show them be the ones to rebuild Wayward Pines in a way that was different from Pilcher.

Last edited:
If this was the end of the series, then horrible ending.

Nobody likes happy endings anymore. :(

I agree. The finale was good until the very end.

They probably just made the ending like a season finale not knowing Fox would sit on the show for like 2 years and then market it as a "limited series."

I thought it was a great ending. It was interesting to see that Pilchner's plan of brainwashing the kids with his crazy ideology worked. It was truly a new generation of human society that he created, such that they killed off the old way of thinking that was 'stuck' in the past life. Not that his way was right, but they all believed in it, like a religion of sorts. Reminded me alot of Bioshock Infinite in that way of societal acceptance of horrible traditions and ways.

Yeah, I liked the ending as well. After reading about it it was interesting to find out that M. Night planned out the last scene to be a shot for shot match of the first episode only from the son's perspective. And they have discussed a second season btw, and have a few ideas of where to take the show even though M. Night said he had initially planned this as a miniseries from the beginning. Apparently it was Fox's second biggest show this summer so they will likely bring it back.

They probably just made the ending like a season finale not knowing Fox would sit on the show for like 2 years and then market it as a "limited series."

Yeah that final bit was definitely not a series finale ending. That was an obvious hook for a second season.

That's definitely a hook in case they want to continue but I get an Under the Dome feeling like they'd be trying to spread a simple premise way too thin.

The show itself was alright, great cast but the reveal was pretty ho-hum. I was into it while the mystery lasted but afterwards just felt bored. I guess I expected something more interesting (or weirder)

I would be shocked if they don't renew it. Apparently the ratings were fantastic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayward_Pines

Production

Wayward Pines is executive produced by Chad Hodge with M. Night Shyamalan, Donald De Line and Ashwin Rajan. The pilot episode was written by Hodge and directed by Shyamalan.The series was officially picked up on May 13, 2013 with a ten-episode order. Filming took place between August 19, 2013 and February 14, 2014 in Burnaby (interiors) and Agassiz (exteriors), in British Columbia.
The plot of Crouch's first novel in the trilogy, Pines (2012), is covered over the first five episodes of the TV series. The second and third novels, Wayward (2013) and The Last Town (2014), make up the remaining five episodes. After reading the source material Shyamalan said of the project, "As long as everybody isn't dead, I'm in", his "only rule" to secure his participation. He noted that the TV series varies from the books in some ways, but as Crouch was still writing the novels while the show was in development, there was "all kinds of cross pollinating" between the two.
In June 2015, it was announced that a second season was being considered based on the series' ratings, which included a record Live+3 DVR lift for a Fox network premiere. However, the tenth episode was billed as the series finale, rather than the season finale, effectively ending the series.

A week before the episode aired the guide said it was the season 1 finale. But the day before it aired it said it was the series finale.

So Fox essentially canceled this.

WAYWARD PINES TO RETURN FOR A SECOND SEASON
Dec 9 2015

Thriller was No. 1 Broadcast Scripted Series of the Summer Among Adults 18-49

Next Chapter in Hit Event Series Set to Air Summer 2016 on FOX

FOX has renewed hit psychological thriller WAYWARD PINES for a second season, it was announced today by David Madden, President, Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.

From M. Night Shyamalan and based on Blake Crouch's international best-selling series of books, 10 all-new episodes of the suspenseful drama are set to air in Summer 2016. The second season will pick up in the wake of Season One, when a new arrival in Wayward Pines finds himself in the middle of a serious rebellion, as the residents battle over how to preserve the endangered human race.

“WAYWARD PINES was a huge hit for us this past summer. We were absolutely blown away by the mysterious and surprising world that Night and his team created, and the twisting-and-turning storytelling that drew viewers in from day one,” said Madden. “Season Two is going to take the suspense, the vision of the future and the haunting character drama to whole new levels, and we can’t wait for our fans to continue that ride next year.”

Season One of WAYWARD PINES ranked as Summer 2015’s No. 1 broadcast scripted series among Adults 18-49, averaging a 2.2/8 in the key demo. The series – about a Secret Service agent on a mission to find two missing federal agents in a sleepy Northwest town, and the shocking results of his investigation – ranked among Summer 2015’s Top 10 broadcast programs overall among Adults 18-49. The series earned a multi-platform average audience of 9.4 million, which represents a +145% increase versus its Live+Same Day audience– the largest multi-platform lift versus Live+Same Day ever for a FOX drama.
- See more at: http://www.fox.com/wayward-pines/article/wayward-pines-second-season#sthash.7b27R73R.dpuf

I don't think they ever offically Cancelled it and was waiting to see how their other shows are doing.

wut the hell?!?... FOX is like an old lady that can't make up her mind...

Jason Patric to Star in 'Wayward Pines' Season 2
In season two, Wayward Pines will pick up after the events of the season one finale, with the residents of Wayward Pines battling against the iron-fisted rule of the First Generation. Dr. Theo Yedlin — a new resident of the town — awakens from suspended animation and finds himself in the middle of this rebellion as he tries to understand what Wayward Pines really is and help preserve the endangered human race.

Patric will play Dr. Theo Yedlin, a confident, driven surgeon whose leadership skills will prove invaluable to the residents of Wayward Pines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"