• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

wb talking to ryan gosling to play jl batman

I agree Butler is way better as Hawkman.

I cant see him getting the voice right for Bruce but his accent works perfectly for a Thanagarian.

I think that Butler would be good for Hawkman or Aquaman. Although I prefer him as Hawkman. Clive Owen, David Boreanaz and Jim Caviezel are my choices for Batman.

Ouch

None of those are candidates for Batman.......

Theyre casting Males 18-35 for the role according to the call.
dude, who cares! Its just who he wants as that character, i think your worrying too much about the movie age range. Its not like these people are actually casting directors or that they're choices will come true

Not really. Young Hercules isn't a comic adaptation. It can be a comic but as Ryan said "It's never really come across my path." He's not full of himself; At least about this.

But it is a story about a super hero in an ensemble setting, which is about the same thing. If I saw somebody with that on his resume, I would consider him for a comic book hero role. To be frank with you I find it hard to believe that any American kid could avoid being exposed to comic book characters. The guy is covering up the truth for some unmentioned reason. Seeing that the studios are trying to keep this project secret it would make sense to me that this is just his cover.

But it is a story about a super hero in an ensemble setting, which is about the same thing. If I saw somebody with that on his resume, I would consider him for a comic book hero role. To be frank with you I find it hard to believe that any American kid could avoid being exposed to comic book characters. The guy is covering up the truth for some unmentioned reason. Seeing that the studios are trying to keep this project secret it would make sense to me that this is just his cover.

The kid is Canadian isn't he?
I think it's possible to grow up without any comic book influences. I didn't read my fist comic till I was 20, though I didn't grow up in America.

He did not completely shot down the possibility though. But I agree with most poster, there're better young bats out there but I wouldn't mind seeing him play bats since he's a good actor.

Also another good physical transformation comparison is Tom Jane in the Punisher.

The kid is Canadian isn't he?
I think it's possible to grow up without any comic book influences. I didn't read my fist comic till I was 20, though I didn't grow up in America.

He did not completely shot down the possibility though. But I agree with most poster, there're better young bats out there but I wouldn't mind seeing him play bats since he's a good actor.

Also another good physical transformation comparison is Tom Jane in the Punisher.

So was Joe Schuster. That doesn't mean that he wasn't exposed to comic books. According to Wikipedia.org, foriegn (and, in particular, American made) comics have dominated the market in Canada since 1947. I seriously doubt that any child who grew up in Canada would not know about iconic characters like Superman and Batman, especially when he later became a member of the Mickey Mouse Club.

Somehow I knew it would come to this, it always does when someone goes braging about their ethos and then attack people who they know nothing about. It's kinda pathetic and it's kinda pathetic that I now have to present my ethos because you go around and think you know things about people you have never met. Maybe you should take that as a lesson, next time you are thinking about telling someone you don't know squat about what they do or do not know.

Dude Relax.

I'm hardly bragging about anything. I was just trying to put my opinion in context.

I thought I saw some pretty obvious sarcasm (towards me) in your posts, so that's what I responded to. If I was wrong, I sincerely apologize. If I wasn't wrong (and you were infact being sarcastic) then I'd say your comments above apply to you as well.

Either way, I'm not here to engage in any kind of pissing contest, so i agree and lets just stay on topic.

Butler is an excellent choice. I'd be thrilled to see an older rugged Batman. Sadly, I doubt that will happen.

And Dotten, I might actually be in Norway (business) in November, so maybe I'll take you up on that beer.

Cheers.

So was Joe Schuster. That doesn't mean that he wasn't exposed to comic books. According to Wikipedia.org, foriegn (and, in particular, American made) comics have dominated the market in Canada since 1947. I seriously doubt that any child who grew up in Canada would not know about iconic characters like Superman and Batman, especially when he later became a member of the Mickey Mouse Club.

I'm Canadian and comics are just as big here as they are down there:)

No.

I could see him as maybbe GL, Flash or almsot anyone else.

dude, who cares! Its just who he wants as that character, i think your worrying too much about the movie age range. Its not like these people are actually casting directors or that they're choices will come true

I agree. As long as he's fits the part then why not.

i don't see gosling doing it, because he's still got "the lovely bones" to film, which starts next month. sames goes for butler, he's got plenty of films heading into production very soon. if wb insists on starting production as soon as possible, they'll probably have to go after someone else.

If Gosling will play Batman I'll be happy. He's a really good actor and he's looking (for me) like a younger Christien Bale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"