The Dark Knight WB to go with new marketing plan

Let's just hope it stays under control, you know what the Media is like.

Bock said the media frenzy surrounding the Aussie actor's death is good news for the movie.

I don't understand why he makes this comment. Everybody knows it, but there is no reason for WB to say this in an official statement. I'm sure he doesn't mean anything by it, but it's just not very respectful.

Yes i think we can trust the media to put some spin on things, and let's not be naive, WB know they have a major box-office number on there hands now and i do not think they are considerate enough not squeeze it as much as they can. I just think they should market it as they intended, half Batman half Joker.

I don't understand why he makes this comment. Everybody knows it, but there is no reason for WB to say this in an official statement. I'm sure he doesn't mean anything by it, but it's just not very respectful.
The guy that said that wasn't from the WB, he was an analyst. But I agree that it was an insensitive thing to say, even if it's something everyone already knows.

Make Whysoserious.com

Into a tribute site for Heath, for a man who put a smile on our faces. Really lets start uploading pics of fans around the world paying a tribute to heath

Got this from Dark Horizon. Probably already posted, but it's in regards to marketing and the next trailer. It's still feels kinda weird that Ledger died, but that's life:

Presently in the midst of editing, 'Knight' is expected to keep its July 18th release date, but for now its marketing and publicity campaigns are going to be undergoing an overhaul at Warner Bros. Pictures. The early publicity for the project heavily featured Ledger's grim Joker visage front and center for its viral marketing, one-sheets, and the current teaser trailer playing in theatres and online. The campaign was to remain Joker-centric until March when the next trailer was scheduled to debut with the release of the studio's "10,000 B.C." and said to focus more on the roles of Batman (Christian Bale) and Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) in the picture.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080124c.php

its true. i don't think the crow would have had the sales it did if what happened to brandon hadn't happened. not that its not a great movie, i mean i love it but ppl are just like that sometimes.

The general public is always drawn towards tragedy. It's like a magnet when an emergency squad goes by. Everyone has to take a look.

The movies are no different. Heath's tragedy will do nothing but bolster ticket sales for this movies.

I think WB should delay the film until the winter. I think maybe family and friends will want more time to grieve, and also, for the hoopla to die down a bit.

I think WB should delay the film until the winter. I think maybe family and friends will want more time to grieve, and also, for the hoopla to die down a bit.

I know it would be a nice gesture, but it's still comes down to business. And July is a great month to release a blockbuster. And the release is six months away, so I think that's a sufficient amount of time between the film and his death.

I know it would be a nice gesture, but it's still comes down to business. And July is a great month to release a blockbuster. And the release is six months away, so I think that's a sufficient amount of time between the film and his death.

i hope your right, but don't forget, LOTR and potter did well over christmas. Also, Christmas is a more religious time>

I want to show the Joker, Not Heath

When you see the Trailer and the Pics
Can you honestly say you see Heath there? I don't
I see Joker
That's how good Heath is

Show the Dam Joker
Heath would want it
WB won't exploit Him
They'll Tribute Him
By showing his last great porformance

just saying that makes me feel a lil better at seeing The dark knight
because We need To remember It's just a movie
a Fun Blockbuster Movie

His death is terrible, but 6 months is enough time.

His death is terrible, but 6 months is enough time.

Really? i know some people to take a year or two. Some never get over it.
I think its wrong to tell people how long to grieve for. Its not your place. Maybe a 6 month delay isn't long enough, but a delay is better than no delay.

Really? i know some people to take a year or two. Some never get over it.
I think its wrong to tell people how long to grieve for. Its not your place. Maybe a 6 month delay isn't long enough, but a delay is better than no delay.

I'm sorry, but if I have a film slated for July and it's a highly anticipated blockbuster, there's no way I'm delaying the picture. I would think people would want to see his swan song as soon as possible. It's not being disrespectful in anyway to the family, it's just that they also have a business to run.

I'm sorry, but if I have a film slated for July and it's a highly anticipated blockbuster, there's no way I'm delaying the picture. I would think people would want to see his swan song as soon as possible. It's not being disrespectful in anyway to the family, it's just that they also have a business to run.

but a delay won't lose them any money. They'll still get it, they'll just have to wait a little while longer for it. Can you put a price on repect? I'd like to know what the family think.

but a delay won't lose them any money. They'll still get it, they'll just have to wait a little while longer for it. Can you put a price on repect? I'd like to know what the family think.

No you can't put a price on respect, but you're not telling me how it's disrescpectful to keep the original release date. Because it isn't disrespectful. Yes, it's sad he died, but the show must go on.

No you can't put a price on respect, but you're not telling me how it's disrescpectful to keep the original release date. Because it isn't disrespectful. Yes, it's sad he died, but the show must go on.

i just think the family should be consulted. See how they feel about it. Maybe Nolan and co would like some time off right now. Maybe editing heaths work is too much at present.

So no, maybe the show can wait a while.

i just think the family should be consulted. See how they feel about it. Maybe Nolan and co would like some time off right now. Maybe editing heaths work is too much at present.

So no, maybe the show can wait a while.

In your opinion, yes. But it already has been confirmed that the movie is still coming out July 18. So there you go.

In your opinion, yes. But it already has been confirmed that the movie is still coming out July 18. So there you go.

Well i don't mind. The sooner the better for me and you., I was just trying to think about the people that matter the most. Never mind, move on. Money wins again.

Well i don't mind. The sooner the better for me and you., I was just trying to think about the people that matter the most. Never mind, move on. Money wins again.

Unfortunetly that's the world we live in. But honestly, I don't think the family would mind. I don't think Ledger would wants this movie delayed. but I don't know them, so I'm just talking out of my ash on that one.

I'm excited to see the trailer in March. I'm interested in how they're going to market Dent and if they make any indication that he becomes Two Face in Dark Knight.

Unfortunetly that's the world we live in. But honestly, I don't think the family would mind. I don't think Ledger would wants this movie delayed. but I don't know them, so I'm just talking out of my ash on that one.

its just a shame people are so easy to except the world we live in. The world is what we make it. If more spoke out, if the fans demanded the family be consulted or their wishes heard - then maybe>

Maybe they WANT the film out and are happy about it. I hope thats the case, because if its not, then we all should pay a price for out cold heardtedness.

Maybe they WANT the film out and are happy about it. I hope thats the case, because if its not, then we all should pay a price for out cold heardtedness.

Pay a price? I think you're getting to personal. But that's just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"