Welcome back to Hype!

There were a few people from here that acted like jerks, but there were some from CS who had chips on their shoulders from the moment the Hype! people arrived as well (like "Oh god... them again. :down"). Sometimes when you come up against that first thing, it's sometimes hard not to live 'down' to that expectation.

I know a number of people remarked on the difference in pace between the two sites... without value-judgement... just noting the difference... and that was taken as negative by a few CSers. I'd say, however, that it's natural when you're in a new environment to make comparrisons.

Those who started making the evaluations that the Hype! was somehow 'better' though, were out of line. It's just different, and what's right for some, isn't right for everyone. That's something I've seen a number of Hypesters have difficulty understanding.

I do have to give credit to the CS mods though. They were very tolerant and understanding... which hasn't always been the case past situtations like this. Big thumbs up to the CS moderating crew. :up: :up: :up:

Hades said:
It's funny how territorial some people can be, even over the internet.

I think it's sad when an adult gets banned for something stupid he/she did.

An adult. That's just sad.

Daisy said:
There were a few people from here that acted like jerks, but there were some from CS who had chips on their shoulders from the moment the Hype! people arrived as well (like "Oh god... them again. :down"). Sometimes when you come up against that first thing, it's sometimes hard not to live 'down' to that expectation.

I know a number of people remarked on the difference in pace between the two sites... without value-judgement... just noting the difference... and that was taken as negative by a few CSers. I'd say, however, that it's natural when you're in a new environment to make comparrisons.

Those who started making the evaluations that the Hype! was somehow 'better' though, were out of line. It's just different, and what's right for some, isn't right for everyone. That's something I've seen a number of Hypesters have difficulty understanding.

I do have to give credit to the CS mods though. They were very tolerant and understanding... which hasn't always been the case past situtations like this. Big thumbs up to the CS moderating crew. :up: :up: :up:

I don't have any problem with CS but I like the Hype better. Mostly because it's superheroes and it's like home compared to CS. CS is still great too.

Why do people trash CS even though even though SHH came from it pretty much?:confused:

Enzyme said:
Well, someone going to clue me in...?
If you didn't care enough to be a part of it, you shouldn't care now

webhead731 said:
I don't have any problem with CS but I like the Hype better. Mostly because it's superheroes and it's like home compared to CS. CS is still great too.

Why do people trash CS even though even though SHH came from it pretty much?:confused:

It's one thing to say that you prefer the Hype!, but another to say "The Hype! is better". One is just stating your preference and recognizing that it's just that: "your preference". Implicit in it is the recognition that others might prefer something else.

The other is making a statement of fact (especially when you add comments to it like "Anyone that doesn't see that is an idiot.") when there's nothing 'factual' about it. Saying the pace of CS is slower than the pace of the Hype! is a fact, but one isn't necessarily better than the other... it's simply a matter of perference. Unfortunatly, a few people fail to understand this distinction (or they understand it, but they are so arrogant as to think that their preferences are inherently superior to those of others - unless of course those others agree with them - the the others are 'cool' :whatever: ).

I too prefer the Hype!, but it's because 1) my interest is mostly in comic films and 2) it's what I'm comfortable/familiar with. If I'd started at CS, and joined in that community, I'd likely prefer it there.

Daisy said:

I called Frizzo a Clown and I don't think he took it too well. Haha.
spoiler.gif

Kipobe said:
I called Frizzo a Clown and I don't think he took it too well. Haha.
spoiler.gif

Well, if you compared him to Ronald McDonald... he probably went ape**** on your ash. He hates that. :wow:

I honestly never saw any rampant spamming. :confused:

It was spamming in disguise

did you see any posts wearing trenchcoats?

Daisy said:
Well, if you compared him to Ronald McDonald... he probably went ape**** on your ash. He hates that. :wow:
I wish I could've seen this. :o

Ronny Shade said:
If you didn't care enough to be a part of it, you shouldn't care now
Yeah you're right, I'm sorry I didn't feel the need to sign up to another forum just because my regular was down for the weekend.

neither did I. But do you see me caring?

maybe a little :dry:

Kipobe said:
I wish I could've seen this. :o

I think it's all still there in the CS Community if you go over there and search for keyword "Ronald". :)

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"