Welcome to Earth One! - Part 1

Sounds like she's appearing in the next Batman. Though, who knows where it might go from there.

Is that what they're doing, or are they just including her in the Batman book?

I assume it's just Batman: Earth One Volume 3. Still need to pick up 2.

That's shocking that DC would invest in Catwoman Y1, totally excited for it though.

Oh or is she just appearing in the next Batman?

Yeah as others have said seems likely it's just for Batman volume 3. Excited to see her though.

Looking forward to EO Catwoman.

And Manapul's EO Aquaman. :hmr:

Couple of panels have leaked online for WWE1, one of the major changes:
Steve Trevor is now black

Cue Tumblr activists demanding that [blackout]Steve be recast for the WW movie[/blackout] and racists nerds acting like [blackout]Steve Trevor[/blackout] is their favorite character ever, and thus something has been taken from them. :o

Good ol' Morrison. He just doesn't give a flying ****. :funny:

I mean, [BLACKOUT]bondage[/BLACKOUT]? Really? Holy moly...

A review of the book, they kind of hated it and while I will wait to read it myself, it doesn't sound so promising.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25241697-wonder-woman

Some tidbits:
-Hercules rapes Hippolyta which leads to the no-man rule on paradise island
-ALL the amazons are lesbian, Diana even has a girlfriend
-Diana betrays everyone just so Steve can get to a hospital
-She grabs his junk to make sure he is a male
-He doesn't out the Amazons since his people were used as slaves so he can relate
-Amazons use bondage to show love?
-Diana gains her infamous bathing suit look by getting a makeover by a group of sorority sisters

Last edited:
This sounds a bit...odd. But hopefully it comes together well when reading it.

-ALL the amazons are lesbian, Diana even has a girlfriend

*books flight there* :o

Sounds like Morrison is up to his usual craziness.

I am excited to read Grant Morrison's Wonder Woman as she has become a favorite character to me actually thanks to New 52 with Brian Azarello & Cliff Chiang. Morrison's stuff is fun to read but I don't love it like some people do. Some of the stuff he decided is odd. Morrison decided that this WW is not a warrior but a healer, a doctor, a diplomat and all that stuff. Honestly, I have yet to read the original Golden Age WW stuff but is on my list. Nonetheless, I know of it and read about it and it still seems she was something of a warrior. He even stated in like the first 50 pages there is no action, no combat at all. Which does worry me a bit. No you don't need complete fights and combat. I mean Watchmen has very few fight scenes at all tbh, there's a few struggles.

Now this idea of a
Black Steve Trevor
doesn't bother me UNLESS it takes place during WWII where I just couldn't really buy this.
Let's not forget the vagina ship he's planning for this. He's having fun and I appreciate that but he may need some cuffing.

I am excited to read Grant Morrison's Wonder Woman as she has become a favorite character to me actually thanks to New 52 with Brian Azarello & Cliff Chiang. Morrison's stuff is fun to read but I don't love it like some people do. Some of the stuff he decided is odd. Morrison decided that this WW is not a warrior but a healer, a doctor, a diplomat and all that stuff. Honestly, I have yet to read the original Golden Age WW stuff but is on my list. Nonetheless, I know of it and read about it and it still seems she was something of a warrior. He even stated in like the first 50 pages there is no action, no combat at all. Which does worry me a bit. No you don't need complete fights and combat. I mean Watchmen has very few fight scenes at all tbh, there's a few struggles.

Now this idea of a
Black Steve Trevor
doesn't bother me UNLESS it takes place during WWII where I just couldn't really buy this.
Let's not forget the vagina ship he's planning for this. He's having fun and I appreciate that but he may need some cuffing.
I saw the panel. It's glorious. :funny:

I wasn't much excited for WW:EO but now it definitely piqued my interest.

This Earth One line of comics is so great. It allows all the creators to cut loose and do whatever they want.

link me, please.
I don't want to post it since I feel some mods here will decide if it's appropriate or not in a coin flip and give me an infraction...

You can find it in a WW:EO thread on the subreddit of DC.

This Earth One line of comics is so great. It allows all the creators to cut loose and do whatever they want.
I have to read the Batman ones and Lemire's TT. I've only read the two Superman volumes so far.

Last edited:
I have to read the Batman ones and Lemire's TT. I've only read the two Superman volumes so far.
A lot of people did not like the Batman books since it wasn't traditional Batman. Non-traditional is the entire point of EO anyway so I don't know...I personally loved it.

A lot of people did not like the Batman books since it wasn't traditional Batman. Non-traditional is the entire point of EO anyway so I don't know...I personally loved it.

It's basically Year One Batman in the sense he just started being Batman so of course he's not the greatest detective and bad ass we know him to be, so I think people who read it are just idiots, unless they also didn't read Year One or hate the concept of a beginner Batman. What I loved most about Earth One was its Alfred.

She fought, and she may have been called a warrior, but not in the sense you're probably thinking. The action was more light-hearted and in the swashbuckling tradition of comics at the time. She was much more of a healer in the original Golden Age comics, and she "cured" her opponents. She also took the alter ego of a nurse through most of that run. The idea of Wonder Woman as a warrior, in the sense of a Greek warrior bred to fight and whatnot, is fairly new, introduced in the '80s with the Perez reboot and slowly built up from there by following writers.

I really enjoyed Superman Earth One Vol. 3, anyone know is JMs staying on for Vol. 4?

She fought, and she may have been called a warrior, but not in the sense you're probably thinking. The action was more light-hearted and in the swashbuckling tradition of comics at the time. She was much more of a healer in the original Golden Age comics, and she "cured" her opponents. She also took the alter ego of a nurse through most of that run. The idea of Wonder Woman as a warrior, in the sense of a Greek warrior bred to fight and whatnot, is fairly new, introduced in the '80s with the Perez reboot and slowly built up from there by following writers.

Swashbuckling, ahhh okay I got ya. And yeah I forgot about the nurse part. It just seemed Morrison made it sound like what you just summarized didn't even exist.

I really enjoyed Superman Earth One Vol. 3, anyone know is JMs staying on for Vol. 4?

No news that he's ever leaving that title, but he is also taking up writing Flash Earth One.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"