Westchester RPG: Season One "First Class" OOC

So...weak...can't...resist..

Westchester RPG Character Application

Screenname: SenseiofCheese
Character You Would Like To Play: Iceman aka Bobby Drake
Powers: Cold and ice manipulation
Basic Origin of the Character: Robert Drake was born in Long Island, New York. His powers manifested at the age of 15, while he was on a date with a girl named Julie. A school-bully tried to steal Julie away for himself, but Bobby, knowing that Julie couldn't put up a good fight, pointed his hand at the bully and encased him in a block of ice. When word got out, the whole town went after Bobby. Put in the local jail for his own protection, he was bailed out by Professor X, who told him about Westchester. With the approval of his parents, he joined Xaviers School for Gifted Youngsters.
Three Reasons Why You Have Chosen That Character:
1. My favorite X-Man
2. Someone needs to be the lovable horn-dog.
3. His powers are awesome, and, apparently, or not even fully developed.
What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person : As a person? A capable player, playing a fun character. Lots of laughs, hopefully.
Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): Someone who posts frequently, as well as playing well with other players. And let's face it, you gotta be able to play well with others. <<I know, but it said two sentences. :woot:
What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Georgia, Light-blue.
Please Provide A Small Sample Post In The Format You Wish To Portray Your Character In:

So, this is my room, eh? Not bad. Not bad at all. There's a scary lack of posters of Jessica Alba, but I can remedy that.

I throw my duffel bag down on the floor and walk over to the bed. I twist my body and drop myself down onto the bed. Damn, this is a comfy-ass bed.

I stare up at the ceiling for a little while, just thinking. I'm a mutant. How weird is that? Well, if nothing else....

I point my finger towards the ceiling and a blast of ice shoots upwards. Covering a small portion of the ceiling right above me with ice, I wait until it begins to slowly melt, letting the water drip into my mouth.

....lifetime supply of ice-cubes.

All of a sudden a voice pops into my head. Listening to all it has to say, I finally kick my feet off the bed and get up. I ruffle my hair a little. "I'm on my way, Professor." I say out loud as I dash out of my room.

NOTE: Hurried post, I know, sorry.
Do You Know How To Post Pictures On The Hype?:

300px-Iceman_(Robert_Drake)_005.jpg

Screenname: Catman_prb
Character You Would Like To Play: Jamie Madrox
Powers: Power to duplicate by use of any type of energy. This is restricted by the suit built for him by Moira McTaggert.
Basic Origin of the Character: Jamie grew up in one of the rougher areas of London. He was orphaned at three, and sent to live in a care home. There he was adopted by Dr. Moira McTaggert, at the age of 16. Also around this time, he became increasingly ill. McTaggert ran some tests herself, and found that Jamie's X-Gene was activating. Within a few days, he was creating duplicates against his will, through converting energy. Eventually Moira managed to create a device that allowed Jamie to control his power by thought, although large energy input will overide the device. After her colleague Charles Xavier opened his school, Moira decided it would be better for Jamie to be around children like himself and sent him over.
1. Possibly the coolest power for a teenager ever.
2. I made him british :woot:
3. Erm...why not?
What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person : I plan on making him one of the class jokers, but with a darker side that is rarely explored.
Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): A hero. Jamie Madrox. A player so dedicated he wrote three sentences for this bit.
What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Arial Dark Red for Jamie, and a different colour for the duplicates.
Please Provide A Small Sample Post In The Format You Wish To Portray Your Character In:

Jamie walked down the corridor, and into his new room. The rooms seemed to be filling up fast, though there wasn't much in the way of difference between them. The walls were bare, but painted, and the bed was covered in plain white sheets. He dumped his travelling bag and guitar at the bottom of the bed, and looked out the window at the setting sun.

So Moira had decided to send him to a state where the legal age for sex was 17, and the drinking age was 21. Gee, thanks for that mother dearest. He opened up his guitar and checked it over, to make sure it had got through the flight ok. He pulled his leather jacket off (which had been his fathers) and put it on a hook behind the door. He looked out the window, and saw a girl being dropped off. She was about his age, maybe older.

"Why hello there," he said to himself. He put his jacket back on, then walked out of the room.

50525-madrox_400.jpg

Changed my mind about Prof. X.

Screenname:
Matt Murdock

Character You Would Like To Play: Professor Wade Wilson

Powers: Wade Wilson is a mutant of about 22 years old. Unlike most of the mutants at the academy in Westchester, he lacks a power that is visible on his exterior. However, Wade has the power to memorize a startling amount of information, verbatim, in a limited amount of time. This isn't accelerated, or specialized, memorization, it's an entirely new way of thinking. A small mutation in his cells led to him being able to access the parts of his brain that most humans leave untouched.

Basic Origin of the Character: Widely versed in the areas of oratory and literature, Wade Wilson made short work of middle and high school, graduating from his senior year when he was sixteen. Wilson then went on to college, aptly pursuing his degree in American literature. In college, he read the works of Poe, Hawthorne, and other widely known and praised American literary geniuses. Furthermore, Wilson has multiple degrees in ancient languages, modern languages, and archeology, currently preparing to go to Egypt. Wilson is also an active historian, and has had multiple works published in international historical journal. To put it bluntly, he's ****ing brilliant.

An avid activist for human and mutant rights alike, Wilson has been cast aside by his contemporaries, as they feel he simply stumbled into his knowledge through luck, and failed to earn it.

I think it might be an interesting, and more likable, take on the character of Deadpool.
Because I can.
3. Why not?

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person : Er... not... much?

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I can't do this. I have nothing to bring. :csad: ;)

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes
the roster look better):
Book Antiqua, Bold, 2, Black.

Wade Wilson

"...Which, of course, is what makes the elementary works of Edgar Allen Poe so revolutionary... he was the only writer actually looking for a profit."

The bell in the school rings and I watch as my students quietly get up and leave, each of them thanking me for a lecture. I leave the podium I'm standing behind and make my way to the back of my classroom, to my desk.

I slide a drawer open and take out the portfolio for my next class, disregarding the slew of ungraded papers in the folder in my hand.

In a rush, I slam the drawer shut and glance at the doorway. Professor Xavier is sitting quietly in the door frame in his wheel chair.

"Enjoying your stay so far, Mr. Wilson?" He asks with a warm smile on his face.

"Absolutely, sir." My large, round glasses slide down the bridge of my nose, and I meet the frames with a finger, sliding them back up.

"Excellent. Have you made any progress in your attempts to contact Washington?"

A stern look comes onto my face.

"'Fraid not. No matter how many times I ask, no congressman is interested in what a brilliant 22 year old has to say."

The Professor smirks silently and wheels himself out of the path of my next pupils.

"I suppose that's to be expected." Xavier mutters, somewhat disappointed. "I hate to cut our conversation short, but I've got to get to my classroom. Time flies."

My most lethargic class draws itself into my room and they all take their desks.

"Who's ready for some Latin?!"
Despite my enthusiastic tone, I'm met with a series of groans and moans. Teenagers. They'll never learn. Don't get me wrong, they're a great bunch of kids, but they're all lazy.

"I guess that means none of you are ready for this pop-quiz, then."

A stack of papers on my podium lifts into the air, tightly within my grasp.

A few eyes light up in the classroom, eager to boost their grade.

I smile smugly as I pass the quiz out.

Do You Know How To Post Pictures On The Hype?: Absofruitly not.

Approved
Screenname: Catman_prb
Character You Would Like To Play: Jamie Madrox
Powers: Power to duplicate by use of any type of energy. This is restricted by the suit built for him by Moira McTaggert.
Basic Origin of the Character: Jamie grew up in one of the rougher areas of London. He was orphaned at three, and sent to live in a care home. There he was adopted by Dr. Moira McTaggert, at the age of 16. Also around this time, he became increasingly ill. McTaggert ran some tests herself, and found that Jamie's X-Gene was activating. Within a few days, he was creating duplicates against his will, through converting energy. Eventually Moira managed to create a device that allowed Jamie to control his power by thought, although large energy input will overide the device. After her colleague Charles Xavier opened his school, Moira decided it would be better for Jamie to be around children like himself and sent him over.
1. Possibly the coolest power for a teenager ever.
2. I made him british :woot:
3. Erm...why not?
What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person : I plan on making him one of the class jokers, but with a darker side that is rarely explored.
Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): A hero. Jamie Madrox. A player so dedicated he wrote three sentences for this bit.
What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Arial Dark Red for Jamie, and a different colour for the duplicates.

Jamie walked down the corridor, and into his new room. The rooms seemed to be filling up fast, though there wasn't much in the way of difference between them. The walls were bare, but painted, and the bed was covered in plain white sheets. He dumped his travelling bag and guitar at the bottom of the bed, and looked out the window at the setting sun.

So Moira had decided to send him to a state where the legal age for sex was 17, and the drinking age was 21. Gee, thanks for that mother dearest. He opened up his guitar and checked it over, to make sure it had got through the flight ok. He pulled his leather jacket off (which had been his fathers) and put it on a hook behind the door. He looked out the window, and saw a girl being dropped off. She was about his age, maybe older.

"Why hello there," he said to himself. He put his jacket back on, then walked out of the room.

50525-madrox_400.jpg

I can't approve this, Cats. I think it's a really, really ****ty application. Sorry. :o

I want Piotr to take Deadpool's class. Literature seems like his 'thing.'

Roster Updates
  • "Heroes," "Walking-The-Line," and "Rogues" changed to "Students," "Teachers and Mentors," and "Outsiders" until the in-game continuity becomes clearer to each affiliation. If your character is in the wrong spot, please inform a GM.

At this point, are there any objections to the placement of anyone's characters?

Oh the dilema!

I STILL can't decide on who i want to play out of: Nightcrawler, Beast, Havok, Angel or Toad... :(

Can we customize origins for characters? or is it 616 faithful?

Custom. I dont think Wade Wilson ever taught at the Institute in 616.

Dammit...I'm interested in playing as Beast, goddamn you all. :csad:

Was Deadpool ever a teacher? ;)

Was Deadpool ever not ******ed? BA-ZING.

Also, just for my two cents on the faculty...

My suggestions for teachers are Prof. X & Wade Wilson (Obviously), as well as Storm, Beast and Forge.

Was Deadpool ever not ******ed? BA-ZING.

Also, just for my two cents on the faculty...

My suggestions for teachers are Prof. X & Wade Wilson (Obviously), as well as Storm, Beast and Forge.

Forge can teach shop.

Emma Frost could either be a teacher (secret relationship with her student Scott?) or the snobby popular girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"