We've seen web-balls & web safety nets

Chris Wallace

LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
Reaction score
What new web tricks could Spidey pick up this time? Within reason, of course; obviously a web parachute or shield or web-skis would be a bit of a stretch.:spidey:

I kinda want to see him make a backpack out of webbing to put his clothes in.
Maybeeeee even a web-dome.

I wouldn't say it's a must, but the parachute would be pretty cool to see, and it's not zany or anything. The shield and the dome require the webbing to harden, and Spider-Man has been able to make those because until recently, he hasn't been using actual spider silk. Wouldn't work in the movie. His comic book formula only mimics some of the abilities of spider silk but has its own properties. The parachute could work though, he'd just need a lot of surface area quickly. Nothing fancy like a real parachute with all the ropes, just a whole lot of webbing that he grabs onto that catches some air. He could get knocked off Harry's glider from really high up if they've been fighting over water or low, flat ground and that's why he needs to make one.

the parachute would be so clutch
maybe even the ole dollar bill on the web trick ; )

How about we see him shooting webbing in the bad guys eyes and/or mouth like he did in the 90's cartoon?

Silver Sable said:
How about we see him shooting webbing in the bad guys eyes and/or mouth like he did in the 90's cartoon?

yeah, i wanna see him blind them and then beat the snot outta them

He did web the Goblin's eyes.
My issue w/the parachute, shield & such is that-apart from it being hard to sell on the uninitiated-his webs have a lot of gaps in them, which would make a parachute, etc. pretty useless.

how about web gloves from the games. idk where in the movie would b a good time to use them but that seems to b 1 of the web tricks not mentioned

SPider-T0rch said:
how about web gloves from the games. idk where in the movie would b a good time to use them but that seems to b 1 of the web tricks not mentioned

Oh yeah, i forgot about the gloves.

Barring Electro, I can't see why he'd have a use for them.

a web boat or raft, it could act as a bouyant small raft to keep a surviving drowning civilian in

or perhaps some ear muffs, since he may be swinging in the cold...

or maybe just a simple trip line, it's so simple but it's never been implemented on film..

The raft-which I don't recall ever seeing in the comics-would have the same practical problems as the parachute or shield. He'd probably have to quadruple-layer it just to cover all the holes.

Silver Sable said:
And come to think of it, he webbed JJJ's mouth in the first one!:spidey:

I'd like to see him hang a crook-completely bound-from a lamppost.

Amazing Spidey said:
I kinda want to see him make a backpack out of webbing to put his clothes in.
That never seemed practical to me. The "Ultimate" angle-an actual backpack-made much more sense.:spidey:

Chris Wallace said:
My issue w/the parachute, shield & such is that-apart from it being hard to sell on the uninitiated-his webs have a lot of gaps in them, which would make a parachute, etc. pretty useless.

Well obviously he wouldn't make a parachute that was completely porous. I wouldn't want him to make a parachute that looked like the mesh of a soccer net, no. He would just spin webs that had fewer or smaller holes, and then add a layer or two to stagger those holes. We saw what the web balls looked like, they didn't have any holes in them or whatever (and I guess they were actually pretty solid, which goes against what I said earlier about movie Spider-Man not having hardened webbing like he does in the comics), so it's not hard to believe that instead of making a ball out of densely packed webbing, he would just create a fairly airtight parachute.

Plus the parachute wouldn't have to be perfect anyway, it could be used to give him just enough drag or air maneuverability so that he can take the fall with his superstrength, or position himself to where he can fire weblines or make a safety net.

i wanna see a spider signal and tracer even though they arnt webbs

White_Howling said:
never really understood the use of the spider signal

THE SPIDER SIGNAL! USED TO MAKE SPIDER-MANS ENEMIES TREMBLE BENEATH HIS FEET!

I just want to see more web tricks.

Say the villain is very fast, spidey could bounce across the room as fast as he can shooting webs everywhere. And make a web net. And the enemy would get caught in the webbing like a spider and a fly.

Like remember in the first one when he does the web-sling shot? I want to see him make more practical but spontaneous web tricks. Those are cooler and show you that the webbing is a very serious and useful invention.

Doing a web boat is almost comical. Especially since spidey really has nothing to do with water. And I doubt hydroman is the next villain. So I don't want to see web boats, web parachutes, or anything like that. not in the movie.

The audiance can only disband belief for so long before they actually start laughing at it and see the movie as a joke. Need I remind you of the Batman movies when everyone was making fun of them? "diamonds as an energy source...?"

I really don't see what the problem is with the parachute. All it is, is just spinning a lot of webbing. He doesn't have to mold it into anything, or have it harden in certain spots, or whatever. It has a basis in reality, too, as there are real spiders that spin parachutes.

As for the web-sling shot, I've always wanted to see him (in the comics or wherever) use one to fire a car at someone, like Rhino or Juggernaut.

how about a glider (or something handgladier shaped) rather than an actual parachute?

or as i said a long while ago, some kinda underarm webbing that is reminiscent of the older costumes that has a practical use of making spidey more agile and maneouvreable in the air, could be useful in some aerial battles with the goblins or the vulture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"