We've seen web-balls & web safety nets

Chris Wallace said:
In addition to my other reasons for being against this idea....
SPIDERS DON'T HAVE WINGS!
They don't glide, and they don't fly. It wouldn't make sense at all for SPidey to do something like that. Plus, the underarm webbing in the comic was just for decoration.:spidey:
spiders also don't fight crime ;)

nor do they swing from building to building on their webbing..

there are plenty of things that spiders do do but heroes need to.

and if i may recall, how many wings does a daddy long legs NOT have :p

daddy_long_legs.jpg

as for the not making sense, wouldn't you want more aerial manouvreability against a foe who is master of the airwaves such as the vulture or a green goblin or a hobgoblin?

it makes perfect sense to have a non permanent addition to hi costume which would provide him with more lift and form in the air when facing a foe like that, the type of form that a profressional sky diver would have to be more acrobatic in the air.

parker is not dumb, it he sees that it clearly works for sky divers, why would he choose to not have them on his costume against an aerial foe?

that would be like not wearing a shock proof suit against electro (which he has definitely done in the comics and it looked pretty cool btw).

Chris Wallace said:
I once thought so, but best case-it dangles when he lowers his arms, which just looks ridiculous. Worst case-it restricts his movement. Some things only work on paper.
well if he sprays the webbing on himself, they only need to be there for a given scene, once they are done with, he can pull them off and everyone is happy.

also they don't have to dangle since we know that spidey#s webbing has elastic properties, they will forever be taut and they won't go flappy when his arms are together.

Chris Wallace said:
THANKS A LOT. NOW HE DOES IT IN THE COMICS & IT LOOKS HORRENDOUS.:mad:
well it's a decent idea but it was just implemented poorly.
wasn't quite the idea i had in mind but what can ya do...

:o

I Didn't Like It In Theory, I Didn't Like It When Jessica Did It, It's Just A Bad Idea. Spiders Don't Have Wings.

Is it called, "The Amazing Daddy Long Legs-Man"?

you said spiders dont have wings, i want you to suck it up and retract that statement

:)

and maybe you can give me a public apology as well

;)

Nor should anyone. I only see six legs.

One thing I'd like to see is for him to spin a webline that's anchored at both ends and either run along it or bounce off it. He used to spin those kinds of lines in the Stan Lee days but he never does it anymore. Or he could even slide down it, Fred Flintsone style.

it isnt a spider, it only has 6 legs. A spider is, by definition, an arachnid. A daddy long legs only has 6 legs, and isnt a spider.

Odin's Lapdog said:
a daddy long leg is actually a spider.
And thus- they should have eight legs. I've seen daddy long legs - long legs, tiny little fuzzy round body - they don't have that long thing stickin' out at the back end.

i know. :)

the link in the picture i posted clearly says crane fly in it which is often deemed a daddy long leg spider (one of the reasons latin names became necessary for classification).

I was trying to feed off this but alas, you're all too stubborn.

note to self: draw in extra legs next time.

*runs before wallace can catch him*

Odin's Lapdog said:
i know. :)

the link in the picture i posted clearly says crane fly in it which is often deemed a daddy long leg spider (one of the reasons latin names became necessary for classification).

I was trying to feed off this but alas, you're all too stubborn.

note to self: draw in extra legs next time.

*runs before wallace can catch him*
ROFLOL!

LobokDaikon said:
Nor should anyone. I only see six legs.

One thing I'd like to see is for him to spin a webline that's anchored at both ends and either run along it or bounce off it. He used to spin those kinds of lines in the Stan Lee days but he never does it anymore. Or he could even slide down it, Fred Flintsone style.
I like it; practical, would look cool, & goes back to the old days.
But there's a lot of tricks he doesn't do anymore, like the web slingshot.:spidey:

Chris Wallace said:
I like it; practical, would look cool, & goes back to the old days.
But there's a lot of tricks he doesn't do anymore, like the web slingshot.:spidey:
I just can't help thinking of the crazy things he did with web in the 60s cartoon. So cheezy - like, making a toboggan or a boat out of web? WTF?

It wasn't so much the boat that was crazy, it was the working motor.

But the motor was the funniest part. I'm surprised you guys don't remember it.

LobokDaikon said:
But the motor was the funniest part. I'm surprised you guys don't remember it.
I think I do. "Insert web-created plot device here!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"