We've seen web-balls & web safety nets

Chris Wallace said:
I Don't Consider That A Spider.

If we go buy Spiders then Spider-Man should have more arms and eyes.

AnimeJune said:
I just can't help thinking of the crazy things he did with web in the 60s cartoon. So cheezy - like, making a toboggan or a boat out of web? WTF?

He made a raft or something like that in Amazing Spider-Man #7.

Kool-Aid said:
If we go by Spiders then Spider-Man should have more arms and eyes.
Don't bring up that Man-Spider nonsense again.
And comeon, I'm not saying that he should be totally limited to what spiders actually do; I don't want him eating bugs or anything like that. But the parameters of what he should be able to do should at least reflect his name & motif; having him flying or gliding is just ridiculous. You might as well give him missiles & have fire shoot out of his eyes.:spidey:

Chris Wallace said:
Don't bring up that Man-Spider nonsense again.
And comeon, I'm not saying that he should be totally limited to what spiders actually do; I don't want him eating bugs or anything like that. But the parameters of what he should be able to do should at least reflect his name & motif; having him flying or gliding is just ridiculous. You might as well give him missiles & have fire shoot out of his eyes.:spidey:
Agreed - every superhero needs limitations to his powers, so it seems perfectly reasonable that Spidey's limitations should be similar to that of a spider's. What's the big deal?

This All Came From The Suggestion Of Glider Wings.

if you had accepted the daddy long legs as a reasoning for underarm webbing, you wouldn't be in this mess...

:p

Odin's Lapdog said:
It's colloquially called a daddy long leg.
And its legs are long, so the name does fit. It's just there happens to be a particularly adorable type of spider that also has that name.

can't two things share the same name anymore on this glorious planet of ours?

:(:(

Odin's Lapdog said:
can't two things share the same name anymore on this glorious planet of ours?

:(:(
Like "thong". My grandmother said she liked to wear thongs to the beach, I nearly had to gouge my inner eye out with a mental fork. She just meant "flip-flops".

AnimeJune said:
Like "thong". My grandmother said she liked to wear thongs to the beach, I nearly had to gouge my inner eye out with a mental fork. She just meant "flip-flops".
hehehe, i had a friend who went to austrailia for a year who had a similar comment, it certainly does paint a picture.

a lil off topic, but kinda related, this is the only place i could think of too post.
just a thought I had the other day, which I know this wouldn’t make scent in the movie. but, like in the comics and cartoons I don't think they ever thought of it. what if peter made some backup ankle holster web shooters, you know like if his web shooters ran out or got busted and he was falling straight downwards or if he was diving down to catch someone he could shot a web up to catch him self, kind like a bungee core.

i thought of that but i never liked it for a few reasons:

A) It wouldnt be precise
B) He couldn't aim
C) It would make his running difficult
D) Comics would seem awkward if he had to replace those cartiges as many times as he did his wrist mounted ones
E)They would serve no purpose in combat.

Spideyssuperfan said:
i thought of that but i never liked it for a few reasons:

A) It wouldnt be precise
B) He couldn't aim
C) It would make his running difficult
D) Comics would seem awkward if he had to replace those cartiges as many times as he did his wrist mounted ones
E)They would serve no purpose in combat.

A and B are the same thing, but for Spider-Man, with his flexibility, coordination, and Spider-Sense, not to mention practice, aiming wouldn't be much of a problem. Not every webline would have to snag a flagpole. He could just fire it at a building, which is pretty hard to miss.

I don't get how the webshooters would affect his running, which he doesn't do much anyway. His wrist-mounted shooters don't get in the way of his wall-crawling or acrobatics.

Changing cartridges has never been that much of a problem.

They would serve the same purpose as his wrist-mounted webshooters, in addition to being a back-up. If his regular ones got busted, as Spider-Fan83 said, or if someone did a bear hug on him or grabbed his hands, he'd still be able to use his feet.

If he is falling to catch someone. and shoots a webline from his feet and hits a building, wouldnt the arc of his swing cause him and the person hes saving to hit the building? Gooooood call.

of course the wrist mounted ones dont affect his acrobatics or wall crawling. They conform to the contours of his hand obviously. But his ankle would never stay in the 3 basic positions that his wrist does. The ankle mounted ones would need to be higher up on the leg at a more prone position.

And if someone had him in a bear hug so much so that he couldnt move at all, how the bad place would shooting webs from his feet help? If he's in a bear hug, his feet are aimed at the floor. What's he gonna do, web the floor up?

Honestly, ankle mounted webshooters are the dumbest ideas ever.

Spideyssuperfan said:
If he is falling to catch someone. and shoots a webline from his feet and hits a building, wouldnt the arc of his swing cause him and the person hes saving to hit the building? Gooooood call.

hitting the wall is better then hitting the ground, depending on how high they are, and it would slow him down enough to give him time to change position to repel off the wall, or at least turn his back to it so the other person don't get hit.

of course the wrist mounted ones dont affect his acrobatics or wall crawling. They conform to the contours of his hand obviously. But his ankle would never stay in the 3 basic positions that his wrist does. The ankle mounted ones would need to be higher up on the leg at a more prone position.

on the ankle higher up on the leg its still the same concept, whatever works, it would still do the same thing.

Honestly, ankle mounted webshooters are the dumbest ideas ever.

didn't you say you thought of it too, so it was your dumb idea as well. lol

Spideyssuperfan said:

He's done the same thing with his wrist-mounted shooters.

And if someone had him in a bear hug so much so that he couldnt move at all, how the bad place would shooting webs from his feet help? If he's in a bear hug, his feet are aimed at the floor. What's he gonna do, web the floor up?

He could fire a webline at the floor and yank himself down, or wrap his legs around the enemy and fire a webline to something behind the guy, and then crash them into or through a wall or something to loosen the enemy's grip. Or he could do the same thing sideways, although the enemy wouldn't be taking the full brunt of the hit, so he'd be doing it as a distraction, or a tactical move like sending them through glass out of a tall building, so that the enemy would have to let Spider-Man go or sacrifice himself. Or fire a webline at some kind of lever or switch.

guys guys relax....
normal_Retard_Win.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"