What big twists could be in the next Superman movies?

superman returns was just a bad dream?

superman returns was just a bad dream?

I have often wondered how the movie audience would take that idea...

like, the next film starts off with superman telling lois he will always be around - then alarms bells start ringing and superman comes too, he is suspended in animation in his capsule and he is hurtling through space, about to see the chattered debris of Krypton.

Nothing is there, he goes back.

Back to Metropolis, where he only left the planet for a month and he did tell the world and did as clark, create a decent story for why.. then start the ball rolling on a sequel with a whole new cast, except for Brandon, ofcourse...

not what i want, but an idea... sounds a bit 1980's soap opera

That would be a huge cop-out.

Yep it would be but it worked with Wizard of Oz, or i know that film was a set in an alternative universe just like in the comics- like Captain thunder was a super hero in a different alternative universe-but some how ended up in supermans (superman comics from the 70's).:hehe:
Quite handy those alternative universe's when writers don't know how to dig them self out of plot holes. :cwink:

My big twist idea has always been to make Jor-El a villian, but nobody seems to like that one, and I can't even convince myself half the time.

yea i personally wouldnt want to see that fade. its a cool idea to play with though.

yea i personally wouldnt want to see that fade. its a cool idea to play with though.

It's elseworld material at the end of the day, it could be interesting elseworld material, but thats all.

But I do still like my idea of having the same actor play both Jor-El and Braniac, with Braniac taken on humanoid form as Jor-El when first arriving on Earth and then revealing his robotic look from S:TAS later.

Last edited:
Jor El builds a spacecraft large enough to accomodate his entire family and the three of them begin the long voyage to earth. They use hyperbolic sleep chambers similiar to what was seen at the beggining of Aliens when ripley was discovered by the salvage team.

Now Lara and Jor El still fail to survive the voyage, but Kal is alive and well. Immediately we see a Military Retrieval Unit dispatched to the location of the spacecrafts crash. Before the military arrives though, the Kents retrieve little Kal and Pa Kent retrieves the green mother crystal that serves as the link and vessel of Kryptons historical archives and also acts as a medium between Kal and his biological parents. Jonathan gives the crystal to his son on his 15th birthday.

The craft is recovered and the military begins to survey all of this wonderful technology found aboard the craft. Enter Lex Luthor who at the time works for the government as director of research and technology and he gets very involved with the kryptonian research....

Sets up an interesting premise whereby not only does Clark learn about his heritage and his technology via the crystal, but at the same time and in a completely different manner, unbeknownst to him, Lex Luthor is also learning about Krypton and developing all sorts of interesting applicational uses for Krypto Tech as well.

It sets up a diametrically oppositional relationship between the two, and it also helps lay the groundwork for bringing in Brainiac (Luthor learns of the supercomputers existence) via records found on the spacecraft.). Maybe even the existence of Warworld...(Darkseid), the Phantom Zone. .....

that would be a cool angle to go with for brainiac fade.

I was thinking it would interesting to borrow some elements from the Ultimates in that there has been a sort of a genetics/ technological arms race brewing.

Luthor corp is leading the world in the manufacturing of space age technology along with military applications. At the same time research institutes like Cadmus is trying manufacture genetic weapons. In the midst of this backdrop superman arrives.

The world is in awe and stunned at the same time. This also leads to the deployment of some of the said weapons both genetic and technological, this could lead to birth of supervillains like parasite, and metallo. Even bizarro after they get a sample of superman's dna and try to create a clone.

This is obviously the backdrop for multiple films not just one.

Again this is a fictional world, i'd like to see the differences between our reality their reality brought to the fore. It would also establish why superman isn't involved in stopping wars everywhere etc, as he'd more specifically be preoccupied with superhuman threats, that no one else can handle.

And in addition to that setup the other films would include things like alien invasions etc. Really pushing the scifi elements of the character.

They could leave the nature of the destruction of Krypton vague, with the only details given to Kal-L being that it was destroyed by an entity known as Vril Dox. Meanwhile, LexCorp, led by charismatic mayoral candidate Lex Luthor, is aiming to create the most advanced AI in human history, dubbed "Brainiac." At the climax, where Brainiac takes on a robotic body and begins an attempt to miniaturize Metropolis (a destructive and chaotic process), it is revealed that Brainiac is Vril Dox. Sure, fans could see it from several miles away, but to the GA, it could be quite a twist if played right.

They could leave the nature of the destruction of Krypton vague, with the only details given to Kal-L being that it was destroyed by an entity known as Vril Dox. Meanwhile, LexCorp, led by charismatic mayoral candidate Lex Luthor, is aiming to create the most advanced AI in human history, dubbed "Brainiac." At the climax, where Brainiac takes on a robotic body and begins an attempt to miniaturize Metropolis (a destructive and chaotic process), it is revealed that Brainiac is Vril Dox. Sure, fans could see it from several miles away, but to the GA, it could be quite a twist if played right.

That's a pretty nice twist :yay:

Now a lot of twists to care about, are there? Superman is a pretty straightforward event.

• Who blew up Krypton? Brainiac, Darkseid, Zod... Jor-El!... Zor-El!
  • A high-risk one would be to have a pivotal scene with Superman early in a film, likely involving Lois. Bizzaro shows up later in the film, and still later, Superman reveals he doesn't recall that incident, that it was Bizzaro who Lois interacted with. This change in a pivotal scene changes the meaning of everything that's happened in the film since then.
  • That's not Lois... it's Clayface!... BizzaroLois!
  • Zod is... Superman's Grandfather!...
  • Krypton was... Really a dystopian wasteland!...
  • Pa Kent... Knew something about Krypton the whole time!
  • Lex Luthor... Is dying!... Is a clone!
  • Doomsday is... Zor-El!... Krypto!...

Superman doesn't lend himself to huge twists...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"