What comic book characters do NOT need to be adapted.

Squaremaster316

Civilian
Reaction score
In contrast to the other thread, which states that there are many characters that can and should be adapted into live action, is there any that you think should never go beyond pen and ink, or even have been created to begin with?

Last edited:
Squirrel Girl's defeated Doom may I remind you :o

Bomb Queen.

Despite what Paul Dini has said for years, Mr. Mxtylplyxzk--mzxylu--you know who I'm talking about.

Despite what Paul Dini has said for years, Mr. Mxtylplyxzk--mzxylu--you know who I'm talking about.

oh no, i would LOVE to see Myxyzptlk (mix yez pittle lick) as a CGI little imp.

and GILBERT GODFREY HAS to i mean HAS TO be the voice

I'd like to see Sentry done at some point but as more of a satirical deconstruction as he was intended.

Jason Todd, Oracle, Starfire, Deadpool, Harley Quinn (exception being if they went the Birds of Prey tv show route,) Anarky, and Jean-Paul Valley.

Alpha Flight, Vixen, Geoforce, JL Detroit.

Namor
Aquaman
The Wonder Twins (although I can picture this as a teen comedy)

I Think the question is: "Need to NOT be adapted"

Kiwi Black
Doop
Composite Superman

this thread would be more interesting with actual reasoning.

this thread would be more interesting with actual reasoning.

The Hood: Because he's an awful villain sue that gets to achieve things vastly beyond himself purely because the writer likes him.

The Sentry: Because the MCU has no need for such a deconstructionist character. . . and anything outside the original story is pure mess.

I can see it now:
Marvel Studios presents:
Ang Lee's The Sentry.

To the person who mentioned Harley Quinn, I'd love to see her as a psychopath who follows the Joker around. Just me, though.

I've always disliked Rhino for some reason. Just a generic meathead vilain to me.

The Sentry would work in an avengers sequel maybe playing off the original mini series. Make it a mystery playing off how nobody remembers him and they should and it turns out he's the villain in the end.

As far as characters that would never make it to film Maggot from the X-men

The Sentry would work in an avengers sequel maybe playing off the original mini series. Make it a mystery playing off how nobody remembers him and they should and it turns out he's the villain in the end.

As far as characters that would never make it to film Maggot from the X-men

Nope, still wouldn't work. The Sentry mini relies upon the dystopian nature of the Marvel Universe, a dystopian nature that simply hasn't been present in the movies to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"