Most Comic Accurate Live Action Designs of Comic Book Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
9625d4_4c12a11de50f4457820f09b2b1ad776d.jpg

Wow I didn't remember the look being THIS accurate.

That's because he never actually wore that full costume in the movie. On the few occasions the cape appeared, it was quite basic CGI.

It's like Stan Lee travelled forward in time from 1961, saw TNG and then decided to base Xavier on Stewart ....

This will blow your mind then...Professor X was based on Yul Brenner...

c18dfa60f6268161e65afc3f9e1d474b.png

Last edited:
Wow I didn't remember the look being THIS accurate.

That's because he never actually wore that full costume in the movie. On the few occasions the cape appeared, it was quite basic CGI.

But that was the idea: the cape was an extension of the necroflesh.

ljmxD30.gif

For that matter, I'd say that having Simmons with the hamburger face for the majority of the movie was also not only accurate, but a brave creative choice. Directors and studios hate to have their lead actor's face covered, but it was an important part of Spawn's story, so I have to give TFE & New Line credit for sticking with the comic roots. If only they had waited until they actually had the budget to do hell and Malebolgia, that film might have turned into a franchise.

If only they had waited until they actually had the budget to do hell and Malebolgia, that film might have turned into a franchise.

I don't think the poor effects were the main reason Spawn flopped. It was a terrible script, badly directed, and the main character was unlikeable. Add to that an obsession with generic goth visuals (which were passe by 1997) and absolutely no restraint in terms of special effects, and you end up with a complete mess.

5418171-6935670039-53450.gif

Both of them. Cap's Ultimate costume was used to inspire the movie design.

That clip reminded me of how MUCH more skilled Black Panther fought in Civil War than in his own film.

That clip reminded me of how MUCH more skilled Black Panther fought in Civil War than in his own film.
Looks like both characters introduced in that movie suffered that misfortune. At least it was mild downgrade with the Panther.

I don't know why they used that shot of the Panther kicking Cap. Very unconvincing.
Why?
I love the spinning triple kick.

For that matter, I'd say that having Simmons with the hamburger face for the majority of the movie was also not only accurate, but a brave creative choice. Directors and studios hate to have their lead actor's face covered, but it was an important part of Spawn's story, so I have to give TFE & New Line credit for sticking with the comic roots.

I think that also had a lot to do with Michael Jai White playing Spawn. If it had been a bigger actor like Wesley Snipes playing him, I guarantee his face wouldn't have been covered as much.

Let’s give Mr Snyder his due for this one:

latest

Let’s give Mr Snyder his due for this one:

latest

It still bugs that they changed Rorschach's "origin" moment. Him burning down the guy's house in the comic was much more subtle and symbolic than the ultra-violence in the film.

I think that also had a lot to do with Michael Jai White playing Spawn. If it had been a bigger actor like Wesley Snipes playing him, I guarantee his face wouldn't have been covered as much.

Except by his own hands when he realised what he'd signed up for. ;)

Except by his own hands when he realised what he'd signed up for. ;)

:funny:

But you know the sad truth of it? Spawn was probably the least embarrassing superhero movie released in 1997.

Steel1997.jpg

That really was the year that made Hollywood say "F this nonsense" until X-Men and Spider-Man (and Blade, to a lesser extent) redeemed the genre.

That really was the year that made Hollywood say "F this nonsense" until X-Men and Spider-Man (and Blade, to a lesser extent) redeemed the genre.

Star Kid & Men in Black were amazing.

Star Kid & Men in Black were amazing.

Men in Black is the best comic book film from that year for sure, but I wouldn't call it a superhero film. As for Star Kid...

tenor.gif

:funny:

But you know the sad truth of it? Spawn was probably the least embarrassing superhero movie released in 1997.

Steel1997.jpg

Good call. And let's not forget the JLA TV movie...

Justice-League-Pilot.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like both characters introduced in that movie suffered that misfortune. At least it was mild downgrade with the Panther.

Why?
I love the spinning triple kick.

Because he seems to launch into the air without much effort, stays in the air too long, and then lands barely bending his knees.

I like the idea, but showing it in one shot from a wide-angle draws attention to the way it's done.

Because he seems to launch into the air without much effort, stays in the air too long, and then lands barely bending his knees.

I like the idea, but showing it in one shot from a wide-angle draws attention to the way it's done.

That and a couple of other moves just made it so hard not to think Black Ranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"