First Avenger Should they use the Ultimate Universe as influence or not

Steve was never part of the Army until the Super Solider Program so he cannot go over seas until he actually receives the injection(s)/treatment(s) for the Super Solider Program that is under the supervision of the U.S. government. He also need to go through Boot Camp just like any other good solider.

Steve tried to join the Army but was rejected due to his (sorry for the spelling) scoloiosis - curve of the spine and a very small, frail frame that would never make it through Boot Camp let alone a tour through war. But that is not to say Steve's WILL was weak. This child's determination and dedication to what America was built upon by the forefathers of our country. This kid loved his country and believed in his country more than anyone. He wished that him alone could take on the war so no one else's blood would be spilled. He knew of the horrors of what was going on in Europe to the Jewish people and anyone who opposed the Nazi party from the one's who were able to make it acrossed the Atlantic over to New York where young Steve was growing up.

Captain America was utilized by the U.S. Army for special operations. Him and a small group of elite soliders carried out the missions that were of the highest priority of the Allied Forces.

Last edited:
Captain America was utilized by the U.S. Army for special operations. Him and a small group of elite soliders carried out the missions that were of the highest priority of the Allied Forces.

This is why I think it needs to be filmed like Saving Private Ryan. That entire movie is about a small, select group of soldiers sneaking through enemy territory on a special mission. It's basically the same kind of thing Cap would have been doing. Except instead of going off to save a person, they would be trying to infiltrate a secret base or something of that sort.

I believe Captain America should be influenced by the Ultimate Universe. With Samuel L. Jackson already as Nick Fury, they should follow through. They should follow the Ultimate Avenger story of Nick Fury (Sam Jackson) finding Captain America frozen and assembling the Avengers (Thor, Iron Man, and the Hulk).

This is why I think it needs to be filmed like Saving Private Ryan. That entire movie is about a small, select group of soldiers sneaking through enemy territory on a special mission. It's basically the same kind of thing Cap would have been doing. Except instead of going off to save a person, they would be trying to infiltrate a secret base or something of that sort.
I sorta agree; but then.....

But then what? You've got me all curious:woot:
Well Infinity... I agree with both, you and B-man. I desire a more realistic look at the front lines of WWII, real situation and motivations. Life or death situation, and real comradely & hostility towards each other and locals. I too, would like to see the film gritty like SPR, sneaking behind enemy line, and having encounters from time to time. I like the bad-ash Ultimate Cap... feel it fits to day's attitude.

However, I am conflicted in some ways, because for the most part, my knowledge of Cap comes from the 616. I feel in some ways, 616 caps does not really reflect the world we live in today and the United States does not posses the same inspirring, entrepreneur, strong & independent, protector of the world, spirit anymore. So i'm conflicted, I just don't want the film to so heavily dependent on Ultimate Cap. but, feel 616 Cap and all that he represented, has been lost to modern times.

I'm not sure I can properly articulate my feelings well.

thats the hook of the movie...that Cap still is about what america used to be and that we moved away from that

I didn't know that... I just thought they was trying to combine both genre(616 & Ultimate) into one character for the fans sake. I didn't know it represent the change from "then" to "now".

Interesting....

thats the hook of the movie...that Cap still is about what america used to be and that we moved away from that

Venom's Dad said:
Well Infinity... I agree with both, you and B-man. I desire a more realistic look at the front lines of WWII, real situation and motivations. Life or death situation, and real comradely & hostility towards each other and locals. I too, would like to see the film gritty like SPR, sneaking behind enemy line, and having encounters from time to time. I like the bad-ash Ultimate Cap... feel it fits to day's attitude.

However, I am conflicted in some ways, because for the most part, my knowledge of Cap comes from the 616. I feel in some ways, 616 caps does not really reflect the world we live in today and the United States does not posses the same inspirring, entrepreneur, strong & independent, protector of the world, spirit anymore. So i'm conflicted, I just don't want the film to so heavily dependent on Ultimate Cap. but, feel 616 Cap and all that he represented, has been lost to modern times.

I'm not sure I can properly articulate my feelings well.

Oh, I'm not saying that shooting the film in the style of SPR would mean we would need an Ultimate Cap. Making the film with a gritty and realistic tone doesn't mean that we need to forsake the ideals of 616 Cap.

Take the interpreter character in SPR. He still held true to his ideals and morals....at least in the intense scene with the enemy gunman (the first one, when everyone else wanted to kill the gunman). You could have Cap be like him...without the wimpiness that character had. Except show how Cap has strong enough mettle to stay to his morals to the end (unlike the interpreter in SPR...though I can't say I disagreed with his decision at the end).

You could even show how it's hard for Cap to keep to his morals, because as SPR showed, war is bad place, and it changes a man.

But the fact that Cap sticks to his guns shows what kind of person he is. The true "American Hero" so to speak.

They're apparently mixing and matching everything else....

I wouldnt be surpirsed since so far with ironman using sam jackson fury, and hulk with some things i not to sure about are probably parts of ultimate/616, so cap would probably also be a mix of both.

It'll probably be a mix, which is a shame because Ultimate Cap is very unappealing to me, while the real Cap is inspiring.

I dont have an issue mixing and matching but I think we'll miss out on classic Cap stories if they use the Ultimate Cap version of WW2.... but I will hardline on his costume...IMO it need to be the 616 costume

I think they could lose the pirate boots though. I also wouldn't mind the Ultimate WWII uniform.

the 616 costume and the pirate boots are there for a reason

Exactly!!! This is what would make the movie more than just another superhero movie.

Utlize this movie to capture the audience and tell them the story of how America once was and why the peopel of the nation believe in the whole idea of "America: Land of the Free, Home of the Brave"

This is why Steve Rogers wanted so much to be a part of the war effort. He did not want to see the world he grew up in lost.

But sadly - he did. Enter Steve Rogers into the 21st century...and to see just how much the world and his America has chaged. Be able to go into the conflict him and Tony Stark have as leaders and as day to day people.

Exactly!!! This is what would make the movie more than just another superhero movie.

Utlize this movie to capture the audience and tell them the story of how America once was and why the peopel of the nation believe in the whole idea of "America: Land of the Free, Home of the Brave"

This is why Steve Rogers wanted so much to be a part of the war effort. He did not want to see the world he grew up in lost.

But sadly - he did. Enter Steve Rogers into the 21st century...and to see just how much the world and his America has chaged. Be able to go into the conflict him and Tony Stark have as leaders and as day to day people.

I like this idea. I really hope they explore this issue in the script.

Going into another vein, Does anyone think they should set up the possible Skrull connection in this movie to explore in Avengers 2? The one thing I did love about the Ultimates was the Skrull arc in Vol. 2, and I would love to see them adapt that (with the appropriate changes obviously.)

I like it as well... welcome to the Hype, where everything is hyped. :up:

I love Ultimate Cap, but I have love for the 616 Cap as well. I like the WWII costume and Ultimates Cap Costume and those outfits should be used. I like the Cap from 616 personality better.

In the end it will probably have more aspects of classic cap but they will likely though in some touchs of ultimate cap too.

After watching a new documentary on World War 2, I say that Miller is an idiot for his Ultimate Capt. America. The events that led to France's defeat had more to do with Nazi Germany's superior planning and war machines. Thousands upon thousands of French soldiers died trying to defend their country. The enemy, that had already proven their willingness to decimate entire modern cities, surround large Allied forces, had been too much for neighboring France.

If Japan had not bombed Pearl Harbor and then declared war, guys like Ultimate Capt. America would not have joined in. More prominent Americans, like Ford and Lindbergh, would have continued spouting anti-Semitism and non-involvement as Hitler's madness reigned over Europe. Miller's use of alien involvement was far more pathetic than what I've seen in Kishin Corps.

I think that the majority of the US wanted nothing to do with the war...except for those funding/making money off of it. I think that those in the know (in big business and the government) knew that the US would NEVER enter the war unless they were attached... and so... they staged an attack.... Pearl Harbor. They put them selves out there and let everyone know...

"We're just going to put our entire fleet in one spot and leave it there.... NOBODY had better attack us... WE'RE A PEACEFUL NATION and would hate if someone attacked us... PLEASE don't attack us." :rolleyes:

The US government wanted in that war and needed Japan to attack them so that they could get a 100% vote to go to war *cough *911* cough*

well i dont know much on ww2 stuff from the basics back in highschool years ago. So i dont really recall all the stuff that happened and all the leading to pearl harbor for US to enter the war.

I think that the majority of the US wanted nothing to do with the war...except for those funding/making money off of it. I think that those in the know (in big business and the government) knew that the US would NEVER enter the war unless they were attached... and so... they staged an attack.... Pearl Harbor. They put them selves out there and let everyone know...

"We're just going to put our entire fleet in one spot and leave it there.... NOBODY had better attack us... WE'RE A PEACEFUL NATION and would hate if someone attacked us... PLEASE don't attack us." :rolleyes:

The US government wanted in that war and needed Japan to attack them so that they could get a 100% vote to go to war *cough *911* cough*

I don't know if the U.S. government really tricked Japan into attacking them. But Pres. Roosevelt was publicly disturbed by Germany's advance. Most of America's ships in Pearl Harbor were old ones. Three of their newest ships were still off at sea. By the time America did get involved Nazi submarines were already close enough to spy on Manhattan.

At that time, the focus of their hate was more at Japan, not Germany. They didn't even realize the true magnitude of Hiter's crimes until their forces reached the concentration camps. Before that, information about them weren't widely substantiated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"