First Avenger Should they use the Ultimate Universe as influence or not

I wouldnt mind a few points or costume details to make its way over, but hopefully its mostly 616

hopefully an ultimates style costume.. incorporate elements of the utlimate and 616 personality..

hopefully the bucky/winter soldier saga will not be ignored..

save winter soldier for a sequel if there is one

This point during the war was before the U.S. had joined in.
Any French soldiers Cap would've come in contact with would therefore be the Free French Forces (organized by Charles De Gaulle from London)... soldiers who continued to fight the war in spite of the surrender.

That being said I say go for Ultimate Cap, but make him into less of a dick.

At this point if it was before December 7th then Cap wouldnt have been in France as The US was still bound by the Neutrality Act

Well since we know the film is going to be pretty much all ww2(with maybe a closing scene in present day to tie into avengers). I say try to stay more classic to keep fans happy but maybe throw in a few ultimates elements here or there.

I'd like to see most of the film shot in ww2, done abit like saving private ryan.lol. real down and gritty. I'd like to see the Ultimate costume,I think it looks better.

I'd like to see most of the film shot in ww2, done abit like saving private ryan.lol. real down and gritty. I'd like to see the Ultimate costume,I think it looks better.

why would it be done like Saving Private Ryan????
Captain America during WW2 was a spybuster. He didnt actually fight in the war.

well whos to say the film wont have maybe a scene or two were he helps fight with a troop or two in a battle between doing the spy work.

well whos to say the film wont have maybe a scene or two were he helps fight with a troop or two in a battle between doing the spy work.

in WW2 how easy was it to get to Europe and back, especially when he's sneaking out without Sgt Duffy knowing.

I basically want to see Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty mixed with the Ultimate Captain America scene in Ultimates vol.1

I want to see him before the SSS program attempting to get overseas and fight the Nazi threat and being rejected at every turn.

I want to see him become Captain America through the SSS program and do some spy busting ect... then a mid movie montage of him fighting the Nazis and spys ect... Maybe show/mention the invaders. THink of the beginning of Watchmen. This would allow for a sequel done in WWII (if people want that)

I want to see the movie end with Cap in Europe fighting the red skull and disarming the doomsday machine, Nuke/whatever and being dropped into the North Atlantic and sinking to the lightless depths of the freezing cold water.

What I don't want to see is Cap on his first mission and it ending with him being frozen. The guy is a legend and should have a body of work before he gets thawed out in the present.

Rage

If they want to use elements of the costume, fine. But keep his personality 616; the last thing the Captain America needs is to be introduced to audiences as a jackbooted thug.

If they want to use elements of the costume, fine. But keep his personality 616; the last thing the Captain America needs is to be introduced to audiences as a jackbooted thug.
actually the movie cap personaty to me should be a combo of the ultimate cap and the 616 cap because ultimate cap is a soldier who is out of time which makes sense and doesn't like the 21st century that much and besides if comic like Ultimate Iron Man, Ultimate Hulk, Ultimate Spider-man, Ultimate F4, etc had influence of the movies and the character's personality why not Ulimate Captain america

why would it be done like Saving Private Ryan????
Captain America during WW2 was a spybuster. He didnt actually fight in the war.

Well, actually, the only part of SPR in which they are in a big battle is the beginning of the movie. For the rest of the movie, the company is sneaking through German Occupied France. They were, in essence, doing a spy-like occupation.

Most of the action is their small band against other small bands of Germans. Which is basically what Cap would be doing. Sneaking through enemy territory and fighting against small bands of soldiers.

actually the movie cap personaty to me should be a combo of the ultimate cap and the 616 cap because ultimate cap is a soldier who is out of time which makes sense and doesn't like the 21st century that much and besides if comic like Ultimate Iron Man, Ultimate Hulk, Ultimate Spider-man, Ultimate F4, etc had influence of the movies and the character's personality why not Ulimate Captain america
Er, because Ultimate Captain America is a jackbooted thug.

616 Cap was and is a thoughtful and inspiring figure who represented the best of America; Ultimate Cap is Mark Millar's caricature of Bush-era US foreign policy.

There hasn't been a huge amount of Ultimate influence on the films, at least in terms of character personality (they've used some of the modernized aspects, or come up with similar ones, but those are trappings, not the core). The Spider-Man, X-Men, and Fantastic Four movies didn't have anything noticeable taken from those comics at all.

what of ultimate universe was in the other marvel flicks?

You act like 616 Cap didn't have those same problems? I mean, at this point, he's had almost 15 years to get used to the idea of being in the 21st century. When he first got thawed out? All the stuff you saw from Ultimate cap, he went through. (Minus the *****e bag personality of course.)

Theres an Ultimate Abomb?

as part of The Liberators

802628lokisliberatorssu.jpg

I know I'm a little late jumping on this thread, but to be honest, I didn't think that I should comment - having not yet read the Ultimates. Made me curious though, so I read the first series and am currently starting the second.
While there are things that I'm not too hip on, I have to say that I liked it overall. There were some twists on the characters and the plots that were excellent! (I especially liked the WWII portions [dig the costume!] and their take on Bucky Barnes. Also, it was kinda ironically funny when Fury made the crack that his nose has been "smashed more times than Robert Downey Jr."!)
I would not be totally against using a decent helping of The Ultimates for the Captain America/Avengers movies. It was like it was written to be a movie in the first place.

P.S. - I hear that popular fan consensus is that the third series is horrible, though. I'll find out for myself soon enough.

Last edited:
Also, I kinda liked Cap's personality in The Ultimates. Sure he was a bit of a *****e I guess, but I liked the whole drill sergeant mentality and the unwavering ideals. He's not so much of a boy scout as in the 616 universe. He's a little rough around the edges - the typical 1940's tough-guy image ala Bogart or Cagney.
Maybe they could just tone it down a little?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"