What does JLA mean for Smallville?

Superman_

Civilian
Reaction score
I ask this question because I now am wondering what restrictions will be in place for SV because of JLA? I mean with SR, Singer was a fan of the show and respected the show and thought the two of them could go hand in hand with one another so they kept SV on the air. But now with two directors on Superman films where does that leave SV as far as their freedom and all. I mean how does Miller feel about the show or will he have a problem if SV brings back their Justice League as planned. Not only that assuming that Singer will head up the Man Of Steel what does do to SV because I am assuming the restrictions on that show is going to worse then what The Batman and Batman Begins did to JLU.

You need to stop beating this drum. You were one of the ones claiming that WB didnt want multiple versions of Superman running around at the same time so such and such was unavailable to Smallville. Now we have a completely different Superman in theaters, so either:

1. You were wrong and WB doesnt care about multiple versions of the characters running around.

or

2. You were right which means the emergence of JLA means that Singer's franchise is dead.

Pick one...I'm fine with either.

Well you would think that--given the latest interview--restrictions would be lifted. Since obviously these interpretations are supposed to co-exist.

I get the feeling that once things in the film division start taking form that won't be the case. Egos and all. I am sure someone somewhere will not want this character or that being used.

I feel that if they communicate with each other than there should not be any restrictions of any kind. Naturally they would need to make sure they are not stepping on each other's toes story wise like G&M and Singer did.

At the point we are in Smallville, any more restrictions or keeping with the current one's only hurt the progression of the overall story IMO.

You need to stop beating this drum. You were one of the ones claiming that WB didnt want multiple versions of Superman running around at the same time so such and such was unavailable to Smallville. Now we have a completely different Superman in theaters, so either:

1. You were wrong and WB doesnt care about multiple versions of the characters running around.

or

2. You were right which means the emergence of JLA means that Singer's franchise is dead.

Pick one...I'm fine with either.
To be honest I think it is number 2 even though I hope I am wrong. Even if I am wrong and MOS moves forward I am wondering what restrictions will be placed on that and the thrid Batman movie if there is any. I am just wondering what effects this might have on the show though. I am not trying to start anything what so ever just asking a question. Bescause I am now wondering if we will see something like when Nolan shot down the idea of Bruce Wayne in season 2.

To be honest I think it is number 2 even though I hope I am wrong. Even if I am wrong and MOS moves forward I am wondering what restrictions will be placed on that and the thrid Batman movie if there is any. I am just wondering what effects this might have on the show though. I am not trying to start anything what so ever just asking a question. Bescause I am now wondering if we will see something like when Nolan shot down the idea of Bruce Wayne in season 2.

Was it Nolan who shot that down?

Was it Nolan who shot that down?
He played a huge part in it, just like how he really doesn't want The Batman to use any of the villains he is using. Thats why we never saw Two Face (even though they have concept drawings of him), Ras, Scarecrow and why the Joker now has a limited role in the series.

He played a huge part in it, just like how he really doesn't want The Batman to use any of the villains he is using. Thats why we never saw Two Face (even though they have concept drawings of him), Ras, Scarecrow and why the Joker now has a limited role in the series.

Odd. Where did you come across this info? Not doubting you, just find it strange that he would be worried or threatened about a television series let alone a cartoon??

Thanks

Odd. Where did you come across this info? Not doubting you, just find it strange that he would be worried or threatened about a television series let alone a cartoon??

Thanks
A while ago during the start of Begins.

I don't think it'll matter much. Let's say the movie is shot starting this winter (which is a huge IF) I doubt they'll rush the FX on it, so it won't make it to screens until summer 2009, which will be after Smallville's 8th season and probably it's last, so they won't interfere. This is also assuming that Justice League even gets made, which I'm very skeptical about to begin with.

That was all the WB and nothing to do with Nolan.

It effects Singer's crap more than Smallville. Apt Pupil boys vision will die a well deserved death if JLA is made.

If anything, this will help Smallville, ecspecially if Welling does not get offered the role in JLA. When it comes time to make a Superman solo flick again, Welling and Rosenbaum could be offered there respective roles in an established Superman flick, because I believe an origin flick will be avoided unless they get a killer script.!

that's what i thought.

although it would be interesting to see concept drawings of two face for the batman.

i wonder if it is as bad as dreadlock joker...

Really I thought it was both of them because Nolan didn't want another version running around that would take away from the Batman he is trying to create.

that's what i thought.

although it would be interesting to see concept drawings of two face for the batman.

i wonder if it is as bad as dreadlock joker...
thebatmanxmasgift5pt.jpg

Really I thought it was both of them because Nolan didn't want another version running around that would take away from the Batman he is trying to create.

No The WB didnt want another Two-Face running around cause theythought kids were to dumb to understand that one is animated while the other is live action. Nolan had no say in this I would'nt be suprised if Nolan even knew there was a Batman cartoon, other than B:tas, out.

No The WB didnt want another Two-Face running around cause theythought kids were to dumb to understand that one is animated while the other is live action. Nolan had no say in this I would'nt be suprised if Nolan even knew there was a Batman cartoon, other than B:tas, out.
No I am talking about Bruce Wayne on SV I thought he was behind them not getting him.

No I am talking about Bruce Wayne on SV I thought he was behind them not getting him.

That was the WB's doing as well, cause they had the movie going and they don't like multiples of their characters running around.

Smallville was blocked from using Bruce Wayne before Nolan was ever hired to do Begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"