What "Highly Recommended" suggestion(s) drive you crazy?

Knightsaber Priss

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
This has been driving me crazy alot, but when I start growing my hair out people always seem to tell me I need to cut it short. I even had a regular customer tell me he thought I looked better with shorter hair, not that my hair was really all that short when I did cut it and donate it to Locks of Love anyway. This just drives me up a wall when people insist I cut my hair short because I just hate short hair with a passion. I've only had my hair short 2 or 3 times in my life and I hated it. My hair will never go as short as below my shoulder blades. And since I'm growing it back out to get it cut so I can donate more hair to the Locks of Love, in order to keep long hair and have enough I will need to grow it past my waist anyways.

That I should find myself a 'nice girl and settle down'. Sweet Jesus. I'm like, 'Well sh** on me! Why didn't I think of that?!' :cmad:

Thing is, I see something like that as 'it happens when it happens', and happens naturally. It isn't going to just happen because someone says so, like I'll slap my head at their brilliant idea and then go and drag Mrs Perfect from off the street. I'm happy with casual ****buddies until I meet her. I go on dates, have fun, but I won't commit unless I'm sure there's a chance things could work out - just a waste of time otherwise. And I'm fine with that.

That I stop being an a$$hole. Well, here's the thing, that's who I am. That's my charm, my edge. That's me! Hell, even my aura is "a$$holic" Stupid people. I like being a jerk, I mean, I am probably the most curteous a$$hole you'll ever meet, but they don't see that, they only see the a$$hole part. Lame.

I hate this one, "Jesus Majic, stop hitting me. God damn man, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Jesus I'll give you the money if you just stop hitting me. Oh my god! My eye, Jesus Christ you stabbed me in the ****ing eye... Oh god... Jesus put that away oh god NO NO NOOOOOOO!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGG"

Man I hate that all the time.

I hate this one, "Jesus Majic, stop hitting me. God damn man, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Jesus I'll give you the money if you just stop hitting me. Oh my god! My eye, Jesus Christ you stabbed me in the ****ing eye... Oh god... Jesus put that away oh god NO NO NOOOOOOO!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGG"

Man I hate that all the time.

Oh yeah, there's that too.

THe amount of times i've been told to grow and afro, and when i do, i then get told i should cut it AND then get told i shouldn't have cut it and i should grow one back.

SCREW THESE PEOPLE!!!!

Get dreds then I'll call you Norvembah Rairrrn-a.

if i get dreads you'll go

oh dear chum, it seems you'd had a awefully terrible time with your roots. Dear boy, if i may suggest an audience with the local barbermen, it would most certainly increase your chances with mrs pepperpot.

I'd be quite prepared for that eventuality.

At my job they tell me that I should talk more, but that's kinda hard. I work around women all day, I can't talk about the things that I like (comics, video games, movies) to people who only talk about their weight and boyfriend problems.

That I should find myself a 'nice girl and settle down'. Sweet Jesus. I'm like, 'Well sh** on me! Why didn't I think of that?!' :cmad:

Thing is, I see something like that as 'it happens when it happens', and happens naturally. It isn't going to just happen because someone says so, like I'll slap my head at their brilliant idea and then go and drag Mrs Perfect from off the street. I'm happy with casual ****buddies until I meet her. I go on dates, have fun, but I won't commit unless I'm sure there's a chance things could work out - just a waste of time otherwise. And I'm fine with that.

I've had to suffer through that as well. And at 36 everybody's kind of pressuring me because I guess a clock is ticking. But you know, I'm not going to get married, and especially not with a totally wrong person who would make me unhappy, just to satisfy my family. I've had to suffer through the Question, as I like to call it of when I'll be getting married for weddings for my three sisters. So far only one of my sisters has pretty much had a lengthy marriage with just one guy. Me, well I just don't want to get an "impulse" marriage and then regret it later because I was caught up in a fairy tale moment or something. Yes, I do want to get married...it might not be this year or next...and it could be down the line a ways...but I want to make certain i can trust the guy I will be spending the better part of my life with. I want to get to know him, get to know his friends and see if we mesh well.

That I stop being an a$$hole. Well, here's the thing, that's who I am. That's my charm, my edge. That's me! Hell, even my aura is "a$$holic" Stupid people. I like being a jerk, I mean, I am probably the most curteous a$$hole you'll ever meet, but they don't see that, they only see the a$$hole part. Lame.

I don't know. Me personally, I just don't like to be around people that exude an excessive amount of aggression deemed as assholish. That sort of behavior is not imprinted in my genetic code. My mother is the sweetest, kindest, bubbly, vivacious person you could ever meet and I take after her an awful lot in that respect. I just hate seeing people be mean top other people just for the hell of it. I'm all about spreading love, kindness and positivity.

I've had to suffer through that as well. And at 36 everybody's kind of pressuring me because I guess a clock is ticking. But you know, I'm not going to get married, and especially not with a totally wrong person who would make me unhappy, just to satisfy my family. I've had to suffer through the Question, as I like to call it of when I'll be getting married for weddings for my three sisters. So far only one of my sisters has pretty much had a lengthy marriage with just one guy. Me, well I just don't want to get an "impulse" marriage and then regret it later because I was caught up in a fairy tale moment or something. Yes, I do want to get married...it might not be this year or next...and it could be down the line a ways...but I want to make certain i can trust the guy I will be spending the better part of my life with. I want to get to know him, get to know his friends and see if we mesh well.

I don't know. Me personally, I just don't like to be around people that exude an excessive amount of aggression deemed as assholish. That sort of behavior is not imprinted in my genetic code. My mother is the sweetest, kindest, bubbly, vivacious person you could ever meet and I take after her an awful lot in that respect. I just hate seeing people be mean top other people just for the hell of it. I'm all about spreading love, kindness and positivity.

Some of this, is an assessment of what I have said. I actually am quite the positive person, yet I don't get my hopes up because hey, if I don't, then nothing can depress me or surpirse me, so therefore, I am generally happy. I am not an ******* (didnt know we could put that here) to people, that's just how people see me. I tend to do things my way, and I know it sounds dickish, but when i tell people not to do something because it'll end badly, they normally don't listen and get hurt. And I don't want to be that guy who says "I told you so" but it's true. And then they think I am even more of an ******* because I am right (90% of the time).

G2K... I like you better with short hair.

Eggy, you really should find a nice girl and settle down... and do nothing.

GuardianofOa, stop being such an *******. You'll start to stink.

November Rain, that fro looks really good, but I'd love to see what you look like without one. Nevermind... grow it back please.

Some dreads would be nice too... guv'na.

PyroChamber, please get in touch with your feminine side so you can talk more, mmkay?

Some of this, is an assessment of what I have said. I actually am quite the positive person, yet I don't get my hopes up because hey, if I don't, then nothing can depress me or surpirse me, so therefore, I am generally happy. I am not an ******* (didnt know we could put that here) to people, that's just how people see me. I tend to do things my way, and I know it sounds dickish, but when i tell people not to do something because it'll end badly, they normally don't listen and get hurt. And I don't want to be that guy who says "I told you so" but it's true. And then they think I am even more of an ******* because I am right (90% of the time).
i've also got that 'raw truth' trait to myself. friends often end up ignoring your advice and going with the crappy concensus of others who are just trying to fob them off so they don't have to listen to their dribble continuosly.

i don't know why they find the truth that hard to follow, i'd hate to live a life of that level of denial

Oh hey, I don't get my hopes up about things as well, especially in the romance area. What I'm talking about is when someone goes out of their way to make another person unhappy for some reason that doesn't follow any sort of logic I'm used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"