Any guys here cut their own hair?

and for the record.. i buzz my own hair bout every two weeks. its easier and makes me look meaner for my metal band...jag knows whats up...We myspace buddies!!!

You my boy, marco! Bad haircut and all! :joker:

jag

dude i have a pic in my photobucket!!! i will post it!!!

webrickbotflat220copy.jpg

Shaving bald isn't really a hair cut. More like a clean up,but it is possible to do it yourself. You would need mirrors in the right angles,though.

It Certainly Does Suck lol

anyway, ya, for trims, and buzz cuts, I do, do it myself (ha ha ha, i said, "do do")
I usually, for the longest time have kept my hair kinda long, but, recently, been buzzing it
will probably keep it like this for awhile, so, I am buzzing it every couple weeks(my self) to keep up with it
(I hate having to pay for haircuts unless I am getting it done, or styled, for a special occasion, or something)

Thanks for all the responses. Wow. :)

So my question to all of you who cut your own hair (and there's a lot of you, it seems!): What do you use to do it?

For a little over a year I had longer hair, and my hair is insanely finicky and I just felt like it was too much to explain so i started cutting it myself using a normal pair of scissors. It usually worked out pretty well, the back bottom being the trickiest.

I don't do it anymore though. My hair is really short now because it was just too ridiculous to maintain.

*Raises hand* I do!

It took me a long time to get it right though, about 4/5 tries. Let's just say you gotta be patient, and study your hair, well if it's like mine anyway, where it becomes wavy here and there once it gets longer. Prior to the last time i cut my hair, the two prior cuts were perfect imo. This time though i got impatient and here i am with an almost shaved head again. Needless to say, i hate the shaved head "hairstyle" (or lack thereof).

First time a friend cut it and he messed it up bad in the back, so i had to shave. Second time, i did that mistake, the third time i trimmed it real short once again due to my own fault. Finally learned on my 4th try. I looked at my hair, way it grows and most importantly taught about what to do before actually going ahead and buzzing any way that i see fit. I usually use a clipper, the longest one, it's good if you have a good set of hair, like i had in my avatar. With the longest clipper and small steps, your less likely to mess up. Go little by little as in dont stick the clipper in your hair all the way until you feel it on your scalp, because even though it has a clipper on it, you might take off more than you intended or create uneven spots. Little by little and be patient above all!

Good luck to you sir! :D

i cut my hair myself, i can do shape ups and such.. its just i dont trust barbers, you tell em one thing they hear something else... and **** gets ****ed up... terrible.

The good thing is at least if you cut it, no one's gonna get ****, since it's our own fault. I'd rather blame myself than have to live with someone else's error and my money gone.

Yup, I sure do. I shave it usually once or twice a week, depending. Once in a while I'll bic it. :up:

Thanks for all the responses. Wow. :)

So my question to all of you who cut your own hair (and there's a lot of you, it seems!): What do you use to do it?

I know a lot of places (I know for sure Target does) have trimmer kits- you get the machine plus a variety of length attachments (and even instructions on how to cut hair.) I've seen one that advertises itself as a hair trimmer/beard trimmer and has attachments for both.

My husband has a generic one he bought for about $20 a few years ago and it works great for his hair and beard. He does it himself, but sometimes has me clean up the edges of his hawk, which is a bit harder to do himself.

I cut my hair when its short but, when its long thats when I go to a my barber.

I shave my own head, yeah.

i was thinking earlier in the week that you could sort of selectively pluck hairs all the time and your hair would stay the same length, sort of like how animals hair length is maintained through shedding.

Howdy

So it's been about 5 months since I've had my hair cut and it's WELL past time to get it done. But I've been holding off because I'm thinking about trying a go at doing it myself, rather than spend $15 every month or two to have someone else do it.

Now, I can see how most people wouldn't trust themselves to do it themselves, as I'm sure haircutting is much more difficult that it looks, but my hairstyle looks VERY easy to do. It's basically all electric razor, just in 3 different lengths: very short on the side, a little longer on top, and a little longer than that at the crown. And after that they always take hair scissors to go around and even up any uneven parts the razor left behind.

So anyway, yeah, I'm thinking about trying to do this myself.

My question is: Has/does anyone else here cut their own hair?

I'm also growing out my facial hair, and am needing to get a beard trimmer. Is there any difference between a beard trimmer and an electric shaver, or could I find one that could double as both in one unit? Neither my hair or my facial hair would ever need to be any longer than about 1 inch at the longest.

Anyone have any tips on what to do and what not to do?

And just for the sake of making an interesting thread out of this, does anyone have any good stories about a time when you tried to cut/style your own hair or have someone non-professional do it?

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :) :up:

My tip - speaking as a hairdresser. With the current tools that we have today you will not do as good a job a decent hairdresser. Pay a the $$$ and get it done by someone who can see the back of your head.

Trust me people have been in my chair after trying to cut their own hair and they need it corrected by a proper hairdresser. ;)

My tip - speaking as a hairdresser. With the current tools that we have today you will not do as good a job a decent hairdresser. Pay a the $$$ and get it done by someone who can see the back of your head.

Trust me people have been in my chair after trying to cut their own hair and they need it corrected by a proper hairdresser. ;)

So who did you get to do it for them? :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"