The Avengers What if Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers are hits?

Well I drink so I'm read to join in on the celebration Parker W, so toss a bottle over my way Lady M.

I'll open a single one for me at April 26th, sorry guys. But in May (Tony's voice) I'll bring the party to you.

It's time to start the party

laola.gif

With all the reports from the sold out theaters in the US so far there is no "if" anymore.

Now back to what was being discussed before. Now that The Avengers has grossed a record $200 million opening weekend, do you think this will leave WB/DC thinking about trying to follow Marvel's method or at least thinking about a Justice League movie?

Now back to what was being discussed before. Now that The Avengers has grossed a record $200 million opening weekend, do you think this will leave WB/DC thinking about trying to follow Marvel's method or at least thinking about a Justice League movie?

I'm not sure. How would they go about it exactly? Would Man of Steel be the first of the new DCCU or should it be Green Lantern? Also Nolan/Bale's Batman has become so iconic that it'd be like not having RDJ in The Avengers. WB/DC have a lot more work to do than Marvel if they want to make it work.

I have a feeling that they will follow Marvel's method, and it's the best way for them, honestly.

If they do it the opposite way, i.e JLA first then the solo movies...it would be a bad move, counting public perception and all.

And i'm betting that the exec are smart enough to know that one of the major reason the Avengers worked, was the first 6 movies were basically advertising the Avengers. Even people with no comics knowledge knows where all these movies will eventually leads to...

And DC got TONS of interesting characters other than Btas and supes anyway. So i'm guessing that they will go the Marvel route.

I'm not sure. How would they go about it exactly? Would Man of Steel be the first of the new DCCU or should it be Green Lantern? Also Nolan/Bale's Batman has become so iconic that it'd be like not having RDJ in The Avengers. WB/DC have a lot more work to do than Marvel if they want to make it work.
I still think it would do them good to put a new Batman franchise in a JLA movie. Specifically one that's not quite as tied down in "realism" (even though there's a good amount of things that don't work in reality in the Nolan movies they at least try that approach).

DC will try to keep up by finally bringing a live-action Justice League film in production while recasting Batman (Batman 3 is said to be Nolan's and Bale's last film). With the sucess of Thor, maybe we might see a Wonder Woman film finally going forward due to WW's grounding in Greek Mythology.

And I'm right about another thing. I demand a cookie!

And I'm right about another thing. I demand a cookie!

I'll give everyone a mountain of Ice Cream if we end up having a "Monday-Night War" like vibe between Warner Bros/DC Films and Marvel Studios in the manner that WCW and the old WWF had because in the end the only REAL BIG winners will be us the fans since the competition will force each studio to dish out their best qualities.lol

I'll give everyone a mountain of Ice Cream if we end up having a "Monday-Night War" like vibe between Warner Bros/DC Films and Marvel Studios in the manner that WCW and the old WWF had because in the end the only REAL BIG winners will be us the fans since the competition will force each studio to dish out their best qualities.lol

As long as they don't start stealing each other's talent.
16674.jpg
outsiders2.jpg
7574.gif

^^That were awesome times at wrestling with these guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"