What if Venom hadn't replaced Vulture?

LOL!

Thank God you guys aren't in charge of these movies.
"LOL"!
WOW!
is this really this funny? any ***** must be funny to you.
why don't you make something better, then? we're throwing ideas here.
you don't like, that's your problem.

And I wouldn't have to say "LOL" (a meme I'm not really fond of) if SHH would just create a laughing smilie. :cmad:

Where have you been? The Hype has several laughing smilies: :hehe: :pal: :funny: :lmao:

Plus, his idea was a little better than SM3. And I'm a SM3 fan. But like I always said, the plot holes could have been worked out over a lunch. Or they could have cut out a villain. Ya heard??

Let us hope Spider-Man 4 doesn't turn out to be... Batman & Robin:o
At least Spiderman 3 has an excuse to be what it is. Even though Raimi and Friends could have done a better job with rewriting Venom into the story, Spiderman 3 still wasnt the movie they intended to make. Batman Forever had the restriction of having to be less mature than Returns, but other than that I dont think it was tampered with too much. It was actually what it was intended to be. And thats absurd. Unless the studio decides Spiderman 4 wont make a profit without the mid-production inclusion of Electro, Elektra, Spot and the Smithville Thunderbolt, we shouldn't be worried about it.

First, Topher Grace vs. Ben Kingsley. One would have been able to perform his character just fine and maybe bring more to it and the other...didn't.

That depends on whether you get "Gandhi" Kingsley or "Thunderbirds/ BloodRayne" Kingsley.

I have a feeling he would take a Spider-Man movie as an opportunity for a check-cashing slumfest.

But I'm partial; I HATE Vulture. The day they slap wings on an old geezer is the day I stop going to Spider-Man movies. :o

But I'm partial; I HATE Vulture. The day they slap wings on an old geezer is the day I stop going to Spider-Man movies. :o
Yea right you would still go see it :whatever:

Reminds me of the Topher haters......

"This is BS! My gawd look at freaking puiny Topher Grace. Theres no way Im seeing Spider-Man 3 now. NO WAI!!

*crosses shoulders*
<_<
>_>

*goes to theater*"

Just think about it. What if Vulture had been maintained as the second vilain. No more symbiote. No more black suit. No more dancing Peter Parker. No More Eddie 'Eric Forman goes crazy' Brock. No more Venom. No more Gwen Stacy.

The plot would have been much more fluid. Adrian Toomes would have been there at the beginning. He would have been Flint Makor's cellmate. The rest of the movie would have focused on the confrontation between Spider-Man and Sandman, and the personnal issues of Peter Parker (love triangle). And then, after being defeated by Spider-Man, Sandman would have gone to prison to free Adrian Toomes (he uses a set of wings that he built with objects find in prison to escape). The two vilains would have teamed up to complicate the task of Spider-Man in the third act.

What do you think? Would that have made a better film?

I really wanted Venom to be a bad ash...and what we got was Sam Raimi's guitared version the Venom, of the symbiote, and of Black Spider-Man, which, in Raimi's head, was Emo Spider-Man/Peter Parker.

So, I say, yah, Spider-Man would've been HELLA better with Sandman and Vulture...now, is Vulture a huge threat, for a third movie which could've been the end of the franchise? No, not really, but still, at least with a character that Raimi appreciated, at least Vulture would've been given enough screen time in the movie.

Oh, and, then we wouldn't had to deal with Peter's obsession with grinding into the air and dancing on tables and what not.

Yea right you would still go see it :whatever:

Reminds me of the Topher haters......

"This is BS! My gawd look at freaking puiny Topher Grace. Theres no way Im seeing Spider-Man 3 now. NO WAI!!

*crosses shoulders*
<_<
>_>

*goes to theater*"

Yeah, okay, okay. Hyberbole. We all do it.

But seriously, there are few villains more boring to me than Vulture. Unless there was a really amazing second villain, it'd be hard for me to muster much excitement for a Vulture-headlined Spidey flick.

I like the vulture as a character and think if they had dropped all the venom related material, the film would have turned out better, but my question is what was toomes in prision for, I mean initially, if I recall correctly his character caught greg bestman embezzeling funds from their company, and his response was using the wings he had already created to torment bestman, would we have had a opening fight between spiderman and an amateur toomes, leading to his arrest and him being locked up where he meets Marko?

I like the vulture as a character and think if they had dropped all the venom related material, the film would have turned out better, but my question is what was toomes in prision for, I mean initially, if I recall correctly his character caught greg bestman embezzeling funds from their company, and his response was using the wings he had already created to torment bestman, would we have had a opening fight between spiderman and an amateur toomes, leading to his arrest and him being locked up where he meets Marko?

Yeah, I do think so.

Based on the "making of" book, it didn't sound like Toomes even became Vulture until Sandman broke him out (which I assume was supposed to be the "team up" scene of the movie). So the Vulture would have had about as much screentime as Venom did.

Based on the "making of" book, it didn't sound like Toomes even became Vulture until Sandman broke him out (which I assume was supposed to be the "team up" scene of the movie). So the Vulture would have had about as much screentime as Venom did.

So...Toomes would've been a corrupt business man that has been imprisioned?

Okay, now hearing that...pehaps it should've just been Sandman and New Goblin/Green Goblin II.

I would have rather seen Harry be responsible for breaking them out for their respected talents, and use a minature sinister six idea, but rather than six be three where spidey has to fight sandman, then rush across town and fight vulture then him be ambushed by a better designed new goblin. When he was tired and exhausted.

Series of events the way I would have liked to see them.

Harry is the main villain

He hires toomes to work out the kinks with the performance enhancers, remove the x-factor that drove his father insane.

After toomes has completed his work, harry frames him for some crime and has him locked up, to keep him quiet about his performance enhancers.

In prision Marko and Toomes are cellmates. Toomes offers to break marko out in exchange for protection from the other inmates, because toomes is an old man and cant really look out for himself.

Osborn smuggles Toomes blueprints on the wings into the prison to him, through a contact, namely the warden who osborn owns.

Toomes builds the wings and he and Marko escape.

They are approached by Osborn in disguise as the Goblin, who offers them employment if they help him with spiderman.

Toomes agrees, Marko goes on the run, similar to how he did in the movie, I would keep his transformation into sandman the same.

Sandman and Toomes would meet up when they both try to rob the same bank-or jewelry store, spiderman shows up and the two of the keep getting in each others way, and barely manage to escape.

Toomes convinces marko to reconsider the goblins offer, by telling him the money and resources the goblin has might be his only chance at being turned back into a normal man.

Osborn leads Marko along like he is working on a cure but instead sends them back out to cause as much havoc on the city as possible to keep spiderman distracted, he also reveals false information to the police implicating sandman in uncle bens murder.

I would keep captain stacey in the film and the meeting where he informs the parkers about marko, also keep gwen but mostly as a cameo. A nod to the fans.

Osborn has marko ambush spiderman and while toomes steals some equipment he needs from across the city, spiderman manages to knock marko out and turn him over to the police.

marko escapes when he regains conciousness

Osborn using the new equipment creates a bomb and plants it in the city, and then introduces the goblin to spiderman, The goblin doesnt fight him, merely taunts him, informs him of the bomb, and tells him how long he has to find it, before it goes off, he also tells him his two employees have the location to the bomb, but he has to find them first.

Harry gives a clue to the vulture and one to sandman, and sends them out into the city to wreak havoc again, Spiderman confronts vulture first and defeats him, and gets his clue which narrows it down some and then goes out and finds sandman who reveals that he had nothing to do with the parker death he was framed by the goblin, he agrees to give spiderman the clue if spiderman lets him go, spiderman is initially hesitant, but when he sees that all marko wants is to find a cure for his condition and wants to turn over a new leaf agrees, and lets marko go.

Spiderman using the clues locates the bomb which is in a hospital aunt may has started going to, for her checkups.

Spiderman finds the bomb but is attacked by the goblin before he can defuse it. Marko shows up to help, and goblin is caught offguard by the two of them working together and the sandman picks up the bomb and runs outside and absorbs it into his body before it explodes, he hardens his body and when it explodes he is spread out all over the city, spiderman unmasks the goblin to find out it is harry who has been playing him from the beginning.

What will happen? People will ***** about this movie being bad and wish that Venom was in the movie instead of Vulture

This thread will become What if Vulture hadn't replaced Venom?

it should of been sandman and vulture with the balck suit and eddie brock introduced. Maybe that would be too crowded , idk .

I think it might've made an interesting dynamic if the film left off with Spider-Man in the black suit, then in Spider-Man 4, we can see how drastically his personality had changed, leading to his removal of the suit and the introduction of one, sole SM-4 villain... Venom. :sym:

Ew, that sounded fanboyish at the end.

a few of these scenerios totally leave out harry's arc. i liked spider-man 3, but i think three villains, regardless of who they are, is a little too much.

that being said, vulture couldve been cool. dont know if it would of been BETTER, but yeah. i thought all of vvenoms scenes at the end of the film were good, i never had a problem with how he was executed, because 1) i consider venoms arc to start as soon was the symbiote appears...not a bunch of separte arcs. and 2) the main thing i was stoked for in this film was harry's story.

a few of these scenerios totally leave out harry's arc. i liked spider-man 3, but i think three villains, regardless of who they are, is a little too much.
Not really....

Vulture:
Introduce who he is and why he hates Spidey
His relationship with Sandman

Both of those are done easily. Adrian was busted in an illegal weapons deal and is sent to jail, ruined for what life he had left. (My guess is this would have been done in a flashback, since apparently he was already gonna be in jail). His cellmate is Sandman and down the road he busts Adrian out.

Now with Venom....

Venom:
Introduce the symbiote
Introduce Brock and Gwen (since Gwen was apart of his story)
The "Rise and Fall of Brock" and his hate of Peter
Spidey with the symbiote and the effects of it on him
Spidey getting rid of symbiote and birth of Venom
Venom teaming up with Sandman

Vulture as the villain instead of Venom would have made the story flow much better.

The film would have been better, but I think that Spider-Man 3 would have been the best Spidey film if it was with Sandman and Electro.

If Venom hadn't replaced Vulture, 3 would've felt a great deal more old-school, yo.

I think that putting Venom in SM3 didn't just mess up the movie, it also messed up Venom. Without the black costume, there's enough story going on in there for almost 3 movies.

If I could go back (I know shmucks like me say this all the time), I would go ahead with the whole Vulture thing, but I think Harry would have to be the main villain of the movie. As for Vulture, I'd Ultimize the bad place out of him, make him as nasty and brainy as I could. While I'm at it, I would introduce Gwen and Capt. Stacy.

And then, I would start SM4 with the black costume. I'd bring it in just like on the '90's cartoon, with John Jameson bringing it back from space (the best part of that show.) That movie would end in a cliffhanger with Eddie getting the symbiote. There would of course have to be another bad guy or two for Spidey to fight before he gets rid of the symbiote.

Anyway, SM5 would pick up directly after, first with Spidey trying to clean up all the messes he made while he had the black costume (including getting Capt. Stacy killed). But there's a new bad guy (Venom) who's making that even harder. Peter won't realize it's the symbiote until well into the movie, and might not even learn that it's Eddie until after that. Plus, I have an idea in mind of Venom breaking all the surviving Spidey-villains out of jail, leading to a great big SinisterSix-style smackdown for the climax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"