What Is More Powerful?

Leto Atrides said:
This coming from the person with no proper capitalization and no punctuation.
And mind had a d before there pal.

Nah,he's right it was "mine".

Abstract was wrong because I was typing fast, but I don't remember changing "mind". I probably did, it's too late to have someone named pHat_al trying to correct my typos.

Haha.In any case I think you raised some good points.

pHat_aL said:
You ever heard this expression before? Sticks and stones, can break my bones, but words will never hurt me.
Have you ever seen a child after someone called him stupid, or fat, or ugly, or worthless, or any number of other terrible things like that?

That saying doesn't work for them.

c.lee said:
Have you ever seen a child after someone called him stupid, or fat?

:(

It works for noone, if you want the truth

Why wouldnt anyone not want the truth?:confused:

The truth sucks. This is a superhero message board, I should think escapism would be a fundamental concept to everyone here.

Abaddon said:
Why wouldnt anyone not want the truth?:confused:
So...you see a 5 year old child with a disfiguring birth defect.....what are you going to do, walk up and say "Lord, you're an ugly little SOB.....you have a face only a mother would love....but don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen."

C. Lee said:
So...you see a 5 year old child with a disfiguring birth defect.....what are you going to do, walk up and say "Lord, you're an ugly little SOB.....you have a face only a mother would love....but don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen."

well obviously the five year old wouldn't want the truth,but it doesn't make the fact of his disfigurement any less true.The "mother would love" stuff is just meanness.:confused:

C. Lee said:

You're a better one than us all, Lee.

Danger Mouse said:
So, if you're a mod, you won't ban me for it?

Dew would and so would I :D

Photos are more powerful because they can reach the people who can't read the language.

SHOULD HAVE ADDED A POLL, BTW. I VOTE PICTURES, THEY CAN ENVOKE EMOTION MORE EFFICIENTLY, IMO. :up:

If you want include sexuality, women are more prone to be aroused by the written word while men are more visual and prefer pictures/video.

words can be good because they make you envision things in your mind rather than just being fed images, but pictures are universal, they have no language.

That said, two people looking at the same picture could have very different emotions about it e.g. a picture of 'zombie jesus' that appeared in another thread, some were offended while others laughed.

Leto Atrides said:
The truth sucks. This is a superhero message board, I should think escapism would be a fundamental concept to everyone here.

^^^^ I want to make this my sig :up: :D

Images and words both carry their own kind of power, and have more impacting moments than one another depending on the situation. It's silly to try giving one more credence than the other.

jag

Dr. Victor Lehnsherr said:
What is stopping you?

I feel Leto needs to agree before I use it, he may not want me to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"