What is the craziest DC comics movie you'd like to see get made?

Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol and Animal Man

but I think they'd have to be either animated or done as TV series to get the stories right. You don't get a lot crazier than the "Painting that Ate Paris" or "Coyote Gospel"

I think the craziest I'd like to see it get is justice league dark stuff( if that can be considered crazier than aliens, meta- humans etc).
I know they want to lighten things up but I hope they don't go into Guardians if the Galaxy raccoon talking dude kind of stuff. I've seen some of the alien green lantern characters and there was one I think looked like a furry animal I think.
I know people love those flicks but I think that's too much of a change in tone from what they've started with whether people liked or disliked the tone.
I'm aldosomeone that's wants a pretty small amount of heroes. As cool as other guys and gal superheroes in sure there is, I prefer a more intimate story so we can get to know the main characters as much as possible.
The only reason I'd introduce even a 2nd green lantern would be to eventually knock him off. Side guys like green arriw, canary, the atom, whoever could all potentially be killed off.
If I was running things I'd use that to show the stakes.
I know. Lucky I'm not. Ha.

Legion of Super Heroes. If done right, I think it could be WB's next Harry Potter in a sense -- The story of a young boy who's 'different' who's whisked away to an amazing whimsical new world filled with other kids like him (including his two new best friends, Lightning Lad and Phantom Girl), where superpowers are commonplace, but also a world where he's the 'chosen one' and he has to live up to massive expectations.

2006-Legion-of-Super-Heroes-Season-1-4_0.jpg

The more I think about it, the more I want this more than my idea.

Granted, I'd probably be inclined to incorporate an adaptation of STAS' "New Kids In Town" into the storyline just for the sake of bringing in Brainiac as the big bad and FINALLY getting the **** away from Luthor and Zod and the Evil Super-Clone Of The Week, but I'd also take inspiration from the LOSH 'toon (as well as JLU) with a prologue sequence where an early test of Brainiac's time-travel apparatus zaps Tobias Manning out of the frontier era and into the 31st century (with a dash of "The Kents" thrown in, where the time-storm happens in the middle of a pursuit of Manning by Sheriff Nathaniel Kent); then have Brainiac rework him into a not-all-that-willing cybernetic minion/pawn, give him a Kryptonian flame-dragon for a steed (absconded from Kandor, which could be probably be used as an added plot device), and arm him with weapons capable of firing Kryptonite beams in its various colors & effects (just to give Kryptonite a different angle besides the plain ol' green stuff yet again):
01.jpg

Heck, I'd even give the Silver Age that started the whole thing its due by tossing in Lana during one of the time-displacements, have HER end up in the 31st century and ultimately getting her hands on some weird space scarab, and voila! Insect Queen. Just to have some real fun with the romance angle for once, too:
Insect-Queen-design.jpg

In other words, it'd be the perfect excuse for a joyously insane Superman movie unlike ANYTHING we've yet seen out of the mythos on the big screen.

Last edited:
Ambush Bug. It could be sort of the same type of movie Deadpool was. Just a whacky character making wisecracks and causing all sorts of mayhem.

OCT080101.jpg

80SMHhZ.jpg

If we are talking craziest?
Missed opportunity when they had the perfect cast, especially with all the constant nods to DC comics on the show.
They are so closely matched it's scary.

Dumb Bunny Julia Louis-Dreyfus/Elaine, although not blond and not so dumb (she is dumb about allot of *** , relationships friends etc.. )

Merryman physically being more Larry David than Jason Alexander, they are still channeling the same exact tortured, neurosis filled character. The obvious irony of him being the quintessential opposite of a merry man, everything but, is just so fitting.

Kramer Michael Richards as Ackwardman and Newman Wayne Knight as the Blimp are such exact analogues it's frightening.

And Jerry actually looks and acts like White Feather!
The scene of him turning tail from the armoire loving street toughs, or better when he runs away wearing cowboy boots... LOL! He is white feather.

Last edited:
I'd have to vote for a Swamp Thing movie.
Have someone good at surreal movies like Terry Gilliam direct it.

Heck, make it a pretty much straight up R rated horror movie.

My 2nd choice would be some sort of adaptation of Sandman, but I don't know how the current creative teams working for the WB would be able to pull that off.

Last edited:
New52 Beowulf with some elements from his '70s series.

Metal-Eater Lad.

On a more serious note: Ragman or The Question (with the original objectivist take).

Peter Allan David's Young Justice, complete with ADHD Impulse, a Superboy who occasionally sneaks in Peter Pan quotes after compensating for his literal inability to grow up and can't stop referencing how his powers work, Wondergirl as a developing character going from fan girl to leader, and Tim Drake as Robin.

Yes! I have no idea how well, or if at all, that run would translate to the big screen (or even to animation), but I'd pay to see it.

Another whacky movie, completely different from much of what we've seen, would be the Swamp Thing run that concluded with the war between heaven and hell. Throw it all in there. The Specter thumb-wresting Satan. Dr. Fate frying one of the Demons Three. Mento coordinating a séance with Constantine, Zatanna, Sargon, Dr. Occult and Zatara. Etrigan's squirming bug-armor. Don't bother to explain who half of these people are, 'cause the comic didn't, and it was great anyway.

And yeah, Legion of Super-Heroes. And an actual *LEGION*, not just a selection of six or so of them. Bring it on. Twenty-five or more. Cast mostly unknowns, because there's no way there'll be money left in the casting budget for anyone we've heard of. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"