• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What is the happiest depressing thought you've ever had?

Silverstein

Superhero
Reaction score
I was sitting around one day and thought about the people that do matter to me and what they've done for me, and what I'd do for them. At that moment I thought about my life and the people of the world and realized that all of us would die one day.

But death in a way is the biggest form of unity.

Love is difficult, because some people think they are in love when they are not.

Factions and groups are difficult because people join for various reasons.

Religion is difficult because people have infinite varying thoughts and ideas about their religion.

And so on, but the only thing that all living things in existence share is death. Of all things in creation, there may be different beginings, but we all share that common end.

So yeah, happy but depressing. What is your happiest depressing thought?

EDIT: Oh and the thread is for you to list yours not try to argue mine. I'm just sharing it. If you want to argue mine, IM me.

My 2 kids are my happiest/depressing thought.

Happiest because my live wouldn't be complete without them. Depressing because they are growing up so quickly...my oldest is 13 and my youngest is 4 (and I'm only 32).

Beautiful stuff. I thought that too once, lol, nothing like getting high and thinking about things.

I haven't really had depressing happy thoughts, but there are just some days where I go out for a walk in the rain (cliche, I know), and everything feels all right. That's the closest I've come. Being able to smile in the face of all the petty bulls**t in my life that feels like the weight of the world.

Oh I have way too many of these thoughts swimming around in my brain right now to ever write them down.

I was sitting around one day and thought about the people that do matter to me and what they've done for me, and what I'd do for them. At that moment I thought about my life and the people of the world and realized that all of us would die one day.

But death in a way is the biggest form of unity.

Love is difficult, because some people think they are in love when they are not.

Factions and groups are difficult because people join for various reasons.

Religion is difficult because people have infinite varying thoughts and ideas about their religion.

And so on, but the only thing that all living things in existence share is death. Of all things in creation, there may be different beginings, but we all share that common end.

So yeah, happy but depressing. What is your happiest depressing thought?

EDIT: Oh and the thread is for you to list yours not try to argue mine. I'm just sharing it. If you want to argue mine, IM me.

Now that is deep. I would have to agree with you about it though. The idea of dieing is depressing, but the ought of going to heaven and being with my loved ones that have died is a happy thought.

As for me the when I think about lossing my job like I did it depresses me, but It is happy in a way to that it has opened a new door for me career wise. Everything happenes for a reason.

That im glad im still alive, I was diagnosed to die before I was 18 from cystic fibrosis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"