What made you happy today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got around to watching Cabin In The Woods, and OMG was it hilarious! I generally don't like the slasher genre unless there is a humorous angle to it, like the first Scary Movie or Return of the Living Dead. Cabin was right down my alley. I'm gonna watch it again because I was so busy screaming (with laughter) that I missed some things.

Tumblr_m8s2olLsiN1r423exo1_500.gif

I love Cabin In The Woods! A great twist on a genre I (like you) usually have very little interest in.

One thing that made me pretty happy today was resisting the urge to comment in a thread that has the potential to quickly turn heated. I've been in a couple of back and forth debates in the Community Forum lately (admittedly not always on the right side, hindsight being 20/20 and all) and they've been more trouble than they're worth.

I don't like getting in arguments as it is, and despite my best intentions still can't resist that nagging urge, on occasion. At one point I was even considering not returning to the Community section of The 'Hype, I never used to visit here and have found there's far less debate occurring in the other sections I frequent. It's occurred to me though that nine times out of ten there's usually someone else in the thread making the same points I would, and probably doing a better job of it.

Not that I'm making any kind of naive vow to never get into another heated debated ever again, but it's nice to know I can avoid conflict most of the time. Go will power, go!

I finally got around to watching Cabin In The Woods, and OMG was it hilarious! I generally don't like the slasher genre unless there is a humorous angle to it, like the first Scary Movie or Return of the Living Dead. Cabin was right down my alley. I'm gonna watch it again because I was so busy screaming (with laughter) that I missed some things.

Did you see the cameo of the strangers?

Go watch Tucker and Dale vs Evil if you havent

Walking Dead tonight!!!

AND 'Vikings' starts tonight on The History Channel! Double excitement.

Tucker and Dale is another great twist on the horror genre.

Tucker and Dale honestly is one of the funniest/most clever takes on horror genre that I've ever seen. I could not stop laughing...the whole time.

It's superb, the two leads are perfect.

My dad I went to our first hockey game. It was a Philadelphia Flyers Alumni game where they pretty much spanked a local All-Star team. The score was 5-2 but, it would have been a lot higher, if they hadn't stopped counting past 5! It was really cool seeing hockey live and especially since some of the Flyers Alumni are in their 60s or close to it!

I got a new weed whacker, and I finished a highboy I was building. Turned out real nice.

Getting my laptop to work. :]

Also, reaching the 1,800 post count. Only 200 more posts until I reach that sweet sweet, 100x100 goodness! :oldrazz:

Last edited:
Waking up in the morning with an empty mind: not having to stress about papers, conferences, or applications.

Creating a resume and submitting as an Expression of Interest for a job :)
Also finally feel like I may be starting to figure out where my life is headed.

Buying Left 4 Dead 2 and The Darkness for $15 on Xbox Live.

Amazon Prime put Justified and The Shield on their instant streaming, so I'm glad to finally get a chance to watch those two shows.

Amazon Prime put Justified and The Shield on their instant streaming, so I'm glad to finally get a chance to watch those two shows.

The Shield is my favorite show of all time (so far). You're in for a treat!

that i have tonight and the next two days off

Won a Keystone Press Award.
And a .GIF set on Tumblr of a baby owl being pet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"