What role did TDK play in Obama's win?

Limbaugh's attempt to consider the Villain name "Bane" with Romney's old firm "Bain" made him an even bigger laughing stock. And that is all it's politics until that murder hobo in Colorado shot up that movie theatre.

Limbaugh's attempt to consider the Villain name "Bane" with Romney's old firm "Bain" made him an even bigger laughing stock. And that is all it's politics until that murder hobo in Colorado shot up that movie theatre.

Especially strange considering Bane in the movie acted as the leader of an extreme "Occupy Wall Street"-type mindset (going so far as to actually hold "Wall Street" hostage and take down the stock exchange). He was basically the exact opposite of what people accuse Mitt Romney of being.

Do you guys think the darker tone of The Dark Knight helped elect Barack Obama? When I watched the movie back in July, I thought the theme about people deserving better than the truth was very true to life, in a current political world like ours. Did I notice more than an underhanded slight at Bush's war in the film? In today's society, what role does entertainment media play in electing a president, I actually wonder. I think TDK might have had some influence on forming people's opinions this time, I know it did mine.

I think Obama was elected primarily because people wanted a huge change to what had come before. I'm not an American so I can't judge whether or not he lived up to those changes or not, but as a UK citizen I feel more comfortable with Obama as President than I ever did with Bush. That said, maybe it's because the media had some influence over my perspective...

I am a fan of the Daily Show so I am constantly reminded of Obama's failures. However none of them seem that bad to how Bush was ridiculed when in office.

Just some thoughts!

I'm friend with Nolan's caterer, and he told me it was Goyer's idea to write TDK story in order for Obama to win. So I say yes.

How the **** does this stupid ****ing ass ****ing thread keep ****ing getting ****ing bumped

This is why people think Batman fans are crazier than your average fan.

This is what makes us special. This is why your average fan is jealous of us.

I guess some people don't want to take the topic seriously. For the majority of you who aren't acting like sperms and do see a connection between pop-culture and political influence, was there a specific scene in TDK that changed your mind about the election?

Alot of people didn't pick up on this, but with TDK, Christopher Nolan has created more than just your average comic book, gee-whiz adventure, but rather he has crafted a multi-layered crime film noir love story with a message. To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I think alot of the intense rebellion seen in Heath Ledger's brilliant performance as the Joker motivated some new voters to hit the ballots yesterday.

I'm not an idiot.

:funny:

I have heard tale of this post before, but never seen it with mine own eyes.

TDK reminds me of Obama. A lot of hype initially, only later to discover the flaws.

The Occupy Movement was a waste, yet depicting them as terrorists is a bit overboard. People who don't like the system aren't violent anarchists, either.

Most people still think anarchy is the same as chaos. Which it is not.

which is not anarchy :oldrazz:

I know what anarchy is. I'm saying rulers create chaos because there are no laws governing them, so they can do whatever they want (within reason). You cannot have two different sets of rules governing people. It's obvious that we live in a corrupt world ruled by corporations and governments that have too much power, and this power creates chaos which upsets the peaceful balance that an anarchist society (no rulers) would otherwise be.

Last edited:
I know what anarchy is. I'm saying rulers create chaos because there are no laws governing them, so they can do whatever they want (within reason). You cannot have two different sets of rules governing people. It's obvious that we live in a corrupt world ruled by corporations and governments that have too much power, and this power creates chaos which upsets the peaceful balance that an anarchist society (no rulers) would otherwise be.

I'm not questioning your knowledge, I was merely joking, hence the :oldrazz:.

3 things I remember from 2008 are Obama, TDK, and Lil Wayne and I'm sure the rest of yo do too.

TDK made Obama win because the characters of Freeman, MJ White and Tiny Lister made public remember how cool black ppl are.

3 things I remember from 2008 are Obama, TDK, and Lil Wayne and I'm sure the rest of yo do too.

It was a big year in my life and I agree the politics, hip hop scene and TDK had a lot to do with what a wild time it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"