What seperates villains from heroes?

The Geek Vault

Come at me bro
Reaction score
What do you guys think seperates the good guys from the bad guys? I mean many villains if you look at the object from their point of view and told in the right way could be considered heroes (ie Doctor Doom and Magneto) So at what point does a hero become a villain or vice versa?

What do you guys think seperates the good guys from the bad guys? I mean many villains if you look at the object from their point of view and told in the right way could be considered heroes (ie Doctor Doom and Magneto) So at what point does a hero become a villain or vice versa?

Usually it is a combination of motivation, goal, and what said character does to achieve said goals.

although some villains are just plain bad and enjoy it..like crossbones and sin,the wrecking crew.

and some are actually insane like jamie braddock,mad jim jaspers.

and some just don't give a damn....ultron,the fury...

although some villains are just plain bad and enjoy it..like crossbones and sin,the wrecking crew.

and some are actually insane like jamie braddock,mad jim jaspers.

and some just don't give a damn....ultron,the fury...
Isn't Ultron's whole thing to take over the world with technology? or something along those lines.

Isn't Ultron's whole thing to take over the world with technology? or something along those lines.

To replace humanity with robots, so s/he can rule them.

A hero is defined by what they are, and what they do, mostly.

Though, it's fully left up to suggestion and perception.

Some people HAVE to steal to support themselves etc, or need to do something for another reason etc.

exactly for instance would you guys consider Doom and Magneto heroes? And would the Hulk and Punisher be villains?

What seperates villains from heroes? I dunno, maybe the whole "lets use our powers to do whatever we want and take whatever we want because we're obviously superior" as opposed to the whole "lets use our powers to stop people from doing whatever they please and taking whatever they like."

Some people HAVE to steal to support themselves etc, or need to do something for another reason etc.

I disagree. The ends do not justify the means. There is always a way to do the right thing.

I disagree. The ends do not justify the means. There is always a way to do the right thing.

Not watch aladdin then?

One man's criminal is another's social reformist, freedom fighter or revolutionary.

A hero does what is right. Even if he or she must make a great personal sacrifice to do it.

heroes do what they think is right based on their interpretation of society's ethics and norms. heroes tend to follow
Villans do whatever they want based on their desires
villans tend to question

Does that make villains evil? Villains are deviants or society that others view as evil, is this correct?

Before I would have said "killing". But I think it's more "killing fr the wrong reasons" You can totally whack somebody and still be a hero. Like Kitty shuld have done to Hulk !!!11!

Does that make villains evil? Villains are deviants or society that others view as evil, is this correct?

its kind of like the case of sir francis drake. are you familiar with him?
i will assume that if you are others might not be. Drake was one of the most affective privateers in the employ of the brittish empire. he looted more spanish ships than any two other captains. the loot he brought home financed the rest of the war. The spanish saw him as a vile criminal, killer and villan, and nicknamed him el dragon or the devil. to the english he became a national hero.
its all about the side of the fence you sit on.

Heroes are self sacrificing, and use their abilities for the benefit and betterment of others. They do whats right no matter the cost to themselves. A hero is unwilling to risk others except him/herself or unless there is absolutely no other option.

Villains typically do what's best for themselves, and a few have a twisted view of things and do what they think, but is not necessarily the betterment of others. A villain also is willing to risk others to achieve whatever goals they have.

Like Doom or Apoc think that not only do they have the right to rule, but it's their destiny, and that by their hand they can better the world. They however are willing to kill others in the process, and bring down cities if they have to. Spiderman however is willing to give his life protecting others, and is unwilling to let others die if he can hep it. On a neutral side is Galactus who is essential to the MU, if he dies I believe everything dies with him. Galactus must survive as he says, however he kills many in the process, so he's neither villain as in a small way he's giving back more than he takes, but he's not a hero as he's willing to hurt others to survive.

Heroes are self sacrificing, and use their abilities for the benefit and betterment of others. They do whats right no matter the cost to themselves. A hero is unwilling to risk others except him/herself or unless there is absolutely no other option.

Villains typically do what's best for themselves, and a few have a twisted view of things and do what they think, but is not necessarily the betterment of others. A villain also is willing to risk others to achieve whatever goals they have.

Like Doom or Apoc think that not only do they have the right to rule, but it's their destiny, and that by their hand they can better the world. They however are willing to kill others in the process, and bring down cities if they have to. Spiderman however is willing to give his life protecting others, and is unwilling to let others die if he can hep it. On a neutral side is Galactus who is essential to the MU, if he dies I believe everything dies with him. Galactus must survive as he says, however he kills many in the process, so he's neither villain as in a small way he's giving back more than he takes, but he's not a hero as he's willing to hurt others to survive.
putting that way just makes me think heroes are weak and restricted.

putting that way just makes me think heroes are weak and restricted.

Actually it's the opposite. A hero is strong enough to risk himself for someone else, and is strong enough to take the hard road because it's the right thing. Where a villain has the easy road of taking care of number 1, and doesn't need to tip toe around others, they can plow through regardless of collateral damage. So heroes are the strong ones for taking the tougher road.

its kind of like the case of sir francis drake. are you familiar with him?
i will assume that if you are others might not be. Drake was one of the most affective privateers in the employ of the brittish empire. he looted more spanish ships than any two other captains. the loot he brought home financed the rest of the war. The spanish saw him as a vile criminal, killer and villan, and nicknamed him el dragon or the devil. to the english he became a national hero.
its all about the side of the fence you sit on.
um great post but el dragon mean the dragon and Devil is diablo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"