The Flash What Speed Powers Will he have?

Shazam

Sidekick
Reaction score
My biggest fear is that they might dumb down his powers. Will he vibrate thru walls? Run up the side of buildings? Run on water? Vibrate to other earths? Time travel??? I sure hope they don't pull the "he has to eat a lot card ".....

Start it simple: he can move and react really fast.

Have stuff grow from there, as he learns new tricks and techniques.

What's wrong with having him have to eat a lot of food? He's probably expending a ton of energy doing what he does. It's not like there's going to be an entire episode of him at a McDonald's just chowing down.

- Vibrating molecules through solid objects
- Mentally tapping into the Speed Force to think at super speeds and creating a pseudo precognitive ability
- Speed stealing (I know Barry never actually got this ability in the comics, but it's safe to say that it's a Speed Force thing so it's not inconceivable that he could use the ability)
- Using speed to augment his strength
- Limited invisibility through vibration/moving at such speeds
- Heal wounds at super speed

The above are some interesting powers that can be portrayed in the show.

As metaphysician said, Barry should start with some small & simple abilities for example speed reading, increased perceptions & probability prediction (where he can test theories and such) and then later on he can gain more powerful abilities as he become more experienced.

My biggest fear is that they might dumb down his powers. Will he vibrate thru walls? Run up the side of buildings? Run on water? Vibrate to other earths? Time travel??? I sure hope they don't pull the "he has to eat a lot card ".....

But... the hyper-metabolism is awesome...:csad:

As metaphysician said, Barry should start with some small & simple abilities for example speed reading, increased perceptions & probability prediction (where he can test theories and such) and then later on he can gain more powerful abilities as he become more experienced.

Basically this, I'd love to see him slowly become faster, more creative, and overall more powerful with his powers as the show progresses.

What's wrong with having him have to eat a lot of food? He's probably expending a ton of energy doing what he does. It's not like there's going to be an entire episode of him at a McDonald's just chowing down.

This was something they did to Wally West after COIE back in the 80's....before that, no Flash had to binge eat.......I just didn't like it.

- Vibrating molecules through solid objects
- Mentally tapping into the Speed Force to think at super speeds and creating a pseudo precognitive ability
- Speed stealing (I know Barry never actually got this ability in the comics, but it's safe to say that it's a Speed Force thing so it's not inconceivable that he could use the ability)
- Using speed to augment his strength
- Limited invisibility through vibration/moving at such speeds
- Heal wounds at super speed

The above are some interesting powers that can be portrayed in the show.

I hope so......do you think we will see the cosmic treadmill??

I hope so......do you think we will see the cosmic treadmill??

I think the cosmic treadmill will be a name they give for a new particle accelerator.

Or probably something similar to the one in the New 52

I agree. I think when he's at work or something he should be shown with food in hand or something.

Whirl his arm in a tight circle and generate a mini tornado.

Start it simple: he can move and react really fast.

Have stuff grow from there, as he learns new tricks and techniques.

Good call. agree entirely, although really he's kind of got to have the power to move at super speed right from the get-go, otherwise, why call him the
flash?

I like the idea of him discovering powers as he goes along, especially vibrating through walls -maybe he's running at superspeed and slips or trips and vibrates through a wall instinctively to save himself.

To be honest, I originally thought the casting was a mistake, but we just got the Arrow episode with Barry's debut. I still think he's a tad young, but
he's certainly got the nice-guy charm that Barry Allen was famous for.

Really looking forward to seeing the Flash get up and running !

Do like Smallville-- parse out the power stunts as needed, even by season. Maybe he doesn't need to go through walls/phase right away. Especially with some of the more esoteric stunts, i.e., granting others speed, time travel, etc. should be saved until much later, IMO.

Last edited:
I thought they said somewhere that the hyper metabolism was gonna be a thing. Maybe I'm pulling that out of my ass. I read too many articles on too much crap to keep track. :o

Food doesn't provide enough calories to power running at bullet speeds, and uh it is a kind of tired bit today, and it's WALLY'S damned schtick, not Barry's.

Nah. Let the Speed Force handle this one. He shouldn't need to rely on food to maintain his abilities. Flash has been waaay past that for years in the books. None of them needed that in the silver age for their powers. Maybe if they were hungry. But they wouldn't lose power over it.

They can always have him be really hungry and need a lot of food, simply because his superhero-ing involves him doing a ton of physical activity. After all, if you spent an hour or so every day doing jogging, running, and sprinting, you'd need a ton of calories, too. Barry's powers mean that his jog, run, and sprint are *vastly* amplified, but his body still needs the same calories for the equivalent level of exertion.

I think he has vibratory powers. In 5 minute clip there was a scene with arm shaking.

Also if Zoom killed his mom, time travel is on the table.

I think he has vibratory powers. In 5 minute clip there was a scene with arm shaking.

Also if Zoom killed his mom, time travel is on the table.

Yep. He also can heal at super speed (the radial fracture thing).

Maybe that could be a good explanation for the binge eating. When he has to heal, he needs to replenish that energy and those nutrients somehow. Maybe when he's in a period of healing his metabolism speeds up to warrant all of the food intake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"