The Amazing Spider-Man What villain or villains would you like to see them kick start the reboot with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SM1

-Have Peter stay in high school through out the movie.

-Have Tombstone as a crime boss who has Norman Osborn create super villains to distract spidey while Tombstone can do his organize crime.

-Norman agrees,cause once spidey defeats these villains,then Oscorp is hired to create these special prisions to hold them in.

-Norman creates Rhino and then creates Sandman when the Rhino is defeated.

-Have Otto Octavius as the scientist Norman Osborn uses to do the experiments on to create these super villains.Show Otto Octavius straps his tentacle arms on to perform the experiments cause the arms keeps him in a safe distance.
When Otto Octavius is creating the Sandman,the machine explodes and Otto Octavius arms are fused to his spine and he is knocked out.

-In Dr.Connor's class,have Peter become lab partners with the girl of his dreams,Gwen Stacy.Show Peter meet her father Captain Stacy when Peter goes over to her house to do their project.

Last edited:
I want the Lizard as much as anybody else but they would likely have to rewrite the character as a highschool teacher in order for it to work.

Octavius is Spiderman's Joker-- he should be in every film.

I'd have Norman Osborn appear, but not the Green Goblin. Save that for a sequel.

It doesn't matter to me as long as:

- Lizard isn't in it until the second or third film
- They don't kill off the villains in every film -.-'
- It isn't Vulture or fishbowl head.

Wow. Great question there Ock. :up:

Wow.. at a loss for words believe it or not. There is pro's and con's to either approach (using one of the top guns or a new villain).

I am leaning towad an A1 type villain, but NOT the A List yet. Intro some of the characters for use later though (like obviously the Osborns).. Sweet.. cannot wait for those recastings.

But leaning toards the A1 list like Electro.

Wow. I have not been excited about a Spider-Man movie in a long time til now. :up:

While I wasn't happy with the choice of Vulture for SM4, I think he could be a good opening villain for the new franchise, ironically.

I was going to say Scorpion, but it would be good to build up JJ's hatred of Spidey before doing that. He's better for the second movie.

I could also see Lizard or Shocker as the first villain.

This thread begs to ask who is the A-List Villains, B-List, and C-List.

My thoughts:

A-List (most obvious reasons)

GG1
Doc Ock
Lizard (I think with the Connors storyline, strong alter ego story)
Venom (again, with the strong semi-alter ego.. ie. symbiote and Black Spidey.. and WHOEVER do it dark, NOT Emo)

B-List (or A1 if you will)
Electro
GG2 (brother vs. brother.. Excellent potential if done dark)
Scorpion
Kingpin
Hobgoblin
Mysterio (though not a fan of a villain with CGI powers in a CGI based movie)
Kraven (as only in Kraven's Last Hunt and/or used with A-List villain)

C-List:
Vulture
Shocker
Rhino
Chameleon

Rest of the bunch.. IMO

Lizard would be best to start with. The idea of animals in a science lab seems like a really good way to streamline the origin into the ongoing plot if that is what they are really going for. Kraven is always a fun choice to put with the Lizard, as in Kraven hunting the Lizard when Spiderman is trying to save Doc Connors within.

Do you think they're going to show Spidey's origin again?
Is it necessary?

I'm always supportive of origins stories. I love them, but this time I think they could just start with him kicking ass, already.

Show a thing or two of the spider biting him through a fast flashback as the story goes on, like the animated series.

Norman Osborn could appear in part one but show up as The Green Goblin later,and i want a more scarier type of Goblin and that includes the costume as well.
Right now I would use new villians like Electro or Mysterio. Those would make a great FX in a reboot. I would love to see the LIzard, but I think Conners needs to be introduced firs and then set up for him in the sequels.
I wouldn't mind a crime boss like Tombstone, like in the Spectacular Spider-Man show or Silvermane. Maybe have the Enforcers work work for either crime boss.
No origin. It has been done. Maybe use flashbacks of the lab accident/ spider bite and Uncle Ben's death.

First movie- Electro & Vulture
Second movie- Green Goblin
Third Movie- Doc Ock & Mysterio
Fourth Movie- New Goblin & Sandman (Plus, the Symbiote suit)
Fifth Movie- Lizard & Kraven
Sixth Movie- Venom

I hope Gobby gets a costume similar to his Thunderbolts costume. It's creepy, looks realistic & looks similar to his classic costume.

The idea of leading up to Goblin like the Joker in the Nolan Batman movies is awesome. The 'Batman Begins' ending is one of the best endings IMO.

Same could be said for most heroes
Not necessarily.

Most heroes need origins stories to explain them. Like Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Green Lantern, Batman...
Imagine whatching them as absolutes. As heroes who came out of somewhere with their powers. The audience wants to understand the character, why he does what he does and how he became what he is.

I remember watching the old Batman movies as a kid and I always wondered how he became Batman. My friends asked me but I never knew how to tell them.

Superman and Spider-Man are heroes who have high exposure on their origin stories, so it is not really necessary for them.

Some new villians that haven't been in a film yet. I loved Dafoe as GG and Molina as Doc Ock so I'm not ready for someone else to jump in those shoes just yet.

Not necessarily.

Most heroes need origins stories to explain them. Like Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Green Lantern, Batman...
Imagine whatching them as absolutes. As heroes who came out of somewhere with their powers. The audience wants to understand the character, why he does what he does and how he became what he is.

The audience DOES want to understand the character, but you can do that by throwing them into an ongoing plot and see how they react. That is better than lecturing how and why. It is how film works.

-Green Lantern is supposedly not being a labored origin story.
-Batman 89 wasnt an origin and was very good. You missed the travels through Europe and Asia, but I never once misunderstood the whys and hows of Batman from that film.
-Daredevil had way to much origin and forced them to cut the interesting stuff. DD could have been successful otherwise.
-Fantastic Four is cut and dry. They could spend 5 minutes on it, and do some of the nitty gritty.
-Norton's Hulk is the "Hulk without origin" movie. It would have worked as a film project without Ang Lees.

I think for an opening film, Chameleon & Rhino... with a back story featuring Norman and Sablinovia.

I say:
#1-Lizard
#2-Kraven
#3-Goblin

Have Norman slowly built over the first two films, then full out Goblin mode in the third. And if a Ms. Stacy died in the third, well then that would be peachy. I'd like them to stay away from "Boil Head" and the "Gay turnip throwing Prankster", as one Goblin is enough for me.

Do you think they're going to show Spidey's origin again?
Is it necessary?

I'm always supportive of origins stories. I love them, but this time I think they could just start with him kicking ass, already.

Show a thing or two of the spider biting him through a fast flashback as the story goes on, like the animated series.

Agreed. The Incredible Hulk movie would be an even better example.

And as for the villain I say start with Electro and I also think they should introduce Norman Osborn.

I'd say Lizard,Scorpion or Rhino would be good choices for the 1st movie.

Lizard is a bad choice. Since this is a new series, Connors has not been developed yet, so the story has no emotional impact IMO. We need a non-sympathetic villain to start this series off, so it feels different. We know we're getting 3 movies (Vanderbilt signed on for Spider-man 4, 5 and 6) so across a three movie series I'd like:

Spider-man 1: Vulture OR Electro.
Spider-man 2: Green Goblin.
Spider-man 3: Kraven and Lizard.

Spider-man 1: Vulture OR Electro.
Spider-man 2: Green Goblin.
Spider-man 3: Kraven and Lizard.

I don't see Vulture or Electro carrying a movie solo.

And a trilogy without Doc Ock is criminal. He's a must have, like the Joker or Two Face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"