What was the last movie you watched? Part 2

MV5BOGIxYmFiMzQtZDQwMC00ZTAxLWIzZTQtOTM5MzJkZmJjZTJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUyNjc3NDQ4._V1_FMjpg_UX220_.jpg
MV5BZmNjZDcwNTMtMjQxMy00ZTY5LTg4M2YtYjA5NDliNjNhYzQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NTYyMjg@._V1_FMjpg_UX220_.jpg
MV5BZTZiYzJkNTQtNmQzZS00YWU3LTgwN2MtMmFkZWQ5Y2QxNmYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzE5NDMwNjA@._V1_FMjpg_UX220_.jpg

movie
genre
rating
The Crow (1994)fantasy, action★★★★☆
The Omen (1976)horror, thriller★★★★☆
The Platform (2020)drama, sci-fi★★★★☆
Sister Death (2023) [prequel to Veronica]drama, horror★★★☆☆
Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)romance, horror★★★☆☆
Picnic at Hanging Rock (1975)drama, mystery★★★☆☆
Veronica (2018)horror★★☆☆☆
Bodies Bodies Bodies (2022)comedy, horror★★☆☆☆
Marrowbone (2018)thriller, horror★★☆☆☆
Vampire Circus (1972)horror★★☆☆☆
The Devil's Plaything (1974)fantasy, horror★☆☆☆☆
The Royal Hotel (2023)drama, thriller★☆☆☆☆

Napoleon Dynamite saw it with a live Q and A and trivia games with Jon Heder and Efren Ramirez as Napoleon would say "Lucky!"

ADDED PIC
Efren is far left, Jon is far right with some lookalikes from the audience, Uncle Rico won the prize a football autographed by them and the actor who played Uncle Rico (who was not there as he was filming something at the time of this showing).

GLahxq2X0AEDenv.jpg

Last edited:
Freddy vs Jason

Robert Englund's final performance as Freddy Krueger and Ken Kirzinger's only lead performance as Jason Voorhees (although he apparently doubled for Kane Hodder in Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan). With a few exceptions the performances are mediocre (it says a lot that Kelly Rowland doesn't stand out as the worst). Monica Keena looks distractingly like Brittany Murphy. I'm sure that just about every young female cast member here got the same boob job. Seriously, it looks like they got a bulk-order discount. It's dumb - but it's entertainingly dumb. 7/10

s-l1200.webp

Simply a fantastic, blood soaked BLAST. My favorite film of 2024 so far, and I think it's destined to become a vampire classic watched every October. Radio Silence has made yet another incredibly entertaining horror flick, and I expected nothing less. Melissa Barrera and Alisha Weir bring it!

9/10

s-l1200.webp

Simply a fantastic, blood soaked BLAST. My favorite film of 2024 so far, and I think it's destined to become a vampire classic watched every October. Radio Silence has made yet another incredibly entertaining horror flick, and I expected nothing less. Melissa Barrera and Alisha Weir bring it!

9/10
Just came out of the cinema and this is definitely top 3 of 2024. Rating is a 9 for me aswell. Had a absolute blast and Dan Stevens.....wow, Melissa and Alisha killed it aswell. This film has abit of everything anyone can enjoy. Can't wait to watch again.

Presence of Mind

Little seen 1999 Spanish-American version of Henry James' The Turn of the Screw. Stars Sadie Frost, Lauren Bacall, and Harvey Keitel (Antoni Aloy was a first time director - not sure how he managed to assemble such a cast for this very low-budget (around $3 million) production). The location is transferred to a small Spanish island estate, but the story is essentially the same. Bacall easily dominates in the acting. Keitel is good but is actually seen very little. Frost is okay; in fact I've always had a bit of a thing for her, but her attractiveness distracted me from seeing her as an uptight, repressed governess (Deborah Kerr in Jack Clayton's 1961 The Innocents was spot-on). The child actors (Ella Jones and Nilo Mur) are good, and the ghost sightings are fairly creepy, but the sense of tension could be stronger. It's competent, but nothing outstanding. 6/10

A Very Good Girl (2023)
Le salaire de la peur / The Wages of Fear (2024)
The Pretty One (2013)
Heart of the Hunter (2024)
First Daughter (2004)
Three Identical Strangers (2018)
Scoop (2024)
White Boy (2017)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members