• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What was the last movie you watched? Part 2

The movie is pretty good - decent production values and for the most part plays it straight. Not mind-blowing but definitely worth a watch. Mackenyu makes for a charming lead and pretty much carries the movie...

Famke is actually in the film quite a bit and has a fairly important role. I'd definitely recommend the film :-)

Thank you! I'll have to get around to it. I've watched terrible things for Famke, this sounds like a cakewalk.

Saturday Night Fever (1977)

large_1HEjubByQBu1Iv0Qa6rtY0XoBDS.jpg

MV5BNmYzMWVjNmQtNjJjNy00M2Y4LTkzZjQtZWQ5NmYzMjRjMDIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM1NjM2ODg1._V1_FMjpg_UY300_.jpg
MV5BOGE5NjllZTEtMGJjNy00ZTFmLThlNDItNmNiZTgyOTQ4OTA2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzMTg2ODkz._V1_FMjpg_UY300_.jpg

movie (release year)genre(s)my rating
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024)sci-fi, action★★★★☆
The Iron Claw (2023)drama, history★★★★☆
Vanilla Sky (2001)sci-fi, romance★★☆☆☆
Deadbolt (2024)horror, thriller★☆☆☆☆
Nightmare Castle (1966)horror★☆☆☆☆

Last edited:
movie (release year)genre(s)my rating
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024)sci-fi, action★★★★☆
The Iron Claw (2023)horror, thriller★★★★☆
Vanilla Sky (2001)sci-fi, romance★★☆☆☆
Deadbolt (2024)horror, thriller★☆☆☆☆
Nightmare Castle (1966)horror★☆☆☆☆
The Iron Claw is a horror movie? Maybe I'll give it a go after all! :yay:

qFwSW9Q.jpeg

I had no expectations or knowledge going in here. I guess hence why I enjoyed this flick quite a bit. Nothing extraordinary but entertaining enough, even though I sometimes felt a bit uncertain what this story actually might be about. Gosling and Blunt delievered as expected and had a great chemistry IMO. Some fun side characters as well. Goslings own shenaningans and adventures (some quite action packed) were cool and fun, but in the end his relation and chemistry with Blunt turned out to be the best part of the film for me. I actually wouldn't mind see them together in another film, whatever that would be about.

But please, that one bloody disco song from Kiss needs to die from movies nowadays (or in the Hockey World Championship's pauses atm, my brain cancer grows bigger by every game)..

This is simply how it works. Listen, look and learn:

Boring ass Kiss in a desperate era:

Awesome Kiss:

As simple as that.

88 (2022)
Oegye+in 1bu / Alienoid (2022)
Chickens Come Home (1931)
Politiquerías (1931)
Come Clean (1931)
Love 'Em and Weep (1927)
Early to Bed (1928)
Sugar Daddies (1927)

decided to revisit the Aladdin films this weekend

Aladdin 1992: to quote the Genie 'often imitated, never duplicated'
Return of Jafar: it was OK it had some moments but not having Williams as Genie was SO missed
Aladdin The King of Thieves: a MUCH better sequel to the animated film than Return, it had Williams back, it was a lot darker and more feature film length run than Return (over 90 min apposed to a little over an hour for Return), plus John Rhys-Davis was AWESOME as Aladdin's father
Aladdin 2019: probably one of my faves of the live action remakes of classic films, some did not like Will Smith as Genie as nobody could ever replace Robin Williams, but he did such a good job and you could tell he had a blast playing the part, and the 2 actors who played Aladdin and Jasmine were just great.

81n4ikTsKML._AC_UF8941000_QL80_.jpg

Tarot (2024)

Why this trainwreck wasn't buried in the deepest, darkest crevices of January dumping grounds is a genuine mystery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"