• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Days of Future Past What would you change in the movie?

protocida

Avenger
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one created this thread yet. Basically, what would you change in the movie if you cold? Add scenes, remove scenes, modify scenes, etc, etc. :yay:

I think the ending was a premature with Magneto becoming... Magneto, and Professor X becoming paralyzed. The movie ends in the 1960's. They still have a few decades to fill before the first X-Men movie.

I'd flesh out some of the supporting characters (Angel, Emma Frost, Riptide, Azazel, Havok) through a couple of lines of insightful dialogue; make it clear why Emma Frost didn't try to escape the CIA cell; tone down Fassbender's Irish accent in places; add in another line to more clearly define the Hellfire Club as an organisation formed/led by Shaw.

1. Angel and Riptide not surviving the last battle.

2. That specific shot of the Hellfire Club waiting for Emma outside the cell.

3. The whole concept with the helmet. (I always imagined that in the films Magneto himself made it in a way to shield himself from Charles, that he alone would know the material of which to make it and using his specific ability of controlling magnetism he would create a field that would protect him from Charles' brain waves, that only he could use it and no one else)

Don't change one minute of the first hour. That is shear perfection.

I'd take a bit of the cheese out of a few scenes after the hallway point. Change/reshoot something else when Charles reads Emma's mind to see Shaw's master plan. That whole map scene looks like something out of Austin Powers.

The entire missile crisis seems a bit light. Heighten the stakes and make the military seem more competent.

Very little to change in a great film.

I think the ending was a premature with Magneto becoming... Magneto, and Professor X becoming paralyzed. The movie ends in the 1960's. They still have a few decades to fill before the first X-Men movie.
Agreed but I guess they didn't know if they were going to be making more than one film in this era. I would have liked them to wait until at leas the end or midway through the 2nd film for him to properly become Magneto.

-I would kill Angel Salvadore, Azazel and Riptide

-An action scene between Emma Frost and Magneto, when Prof X/Magneto caught Emma Frost

-Lines for Riptide

-Story for Havok and Banshee

-No cat look for Beast

The codename scene, I personally thought it was kind of cheesy.

Sometimes, especially in the first act, I felt the screen transitioned between scenes a tad too quickly. I would have slowed the pace down a hair.

Besides that, perfect. Oh, maybe I would have found a way to include the '90s theme music in there somewhere but I am a very silly fanboy and I tend to place more importance on things than perhaps the average person would :oldrazz:

I would have beast without the glasses, killed angel off, made bacon learn how to speak german properly, no havok, no wolverine cameo and have banshee and moira speak with their right accents.

There's bits and pieces that bothered me all over the place, but what really stands out to me are the final scenes for X and Magneto.

- January Jones
- Mystique not being Charles' step-sister
- Mention of Cain Marko

For me, I would have simply made it longer, I wouldnt have minded Xavier and Magneto meeting earlier, then maybe losing touch for a few years before being re-united going after Shaw, their friendship seemed a tad too fast.

The thing is we never get extended editions for the X-Men films. It's like there is some sort of ruling that the finished film is the finished film and that's that, so we instead get deleted scenes added separately on the DVD.

The thing is we never get extended editions for the X-Men films. It's like there is some sort of ruling that the finished film is the finished film and that's that, so we instead get deleted scenes added separately on the DVD.

Yeah that is a bit of an annoyance, especially when we have CB movies that are 2 and a half hours long out there, I think Singer said he doesnt do them because he hates fans double dipping, but for FC, X-Men and X2 I would have no problem buying extended versions.

Yeah that is a bit of an annoyance, especially when we have CB movies that are 2 and a half hours long out there, I think Singer said he doesnt do them because he hates fans double dipping, but for FC, X-Men and X2 I would have no problem buying extended versions.

I think it must be down to the director wanting to revisit the film, in most cases.

If they have a 'what's done is done' attitude, then they won't want to start fiddling with all the material to assemble a new version.

And there is also a cost issue, I'm sure.

But Fox did do it with Daredevil and Fantastic Four.

-An action scene between Emma Frost and Magneto, when Prof X/Magneto caught Emma Frost

I think that's where Vaughn originally had the Inception-style room spinning mind battle sequence. Vaughn cut it because he didn't want to copy.

Hopefully we get an Xavier/Emma mind battle in a sequel.

Last edited:
When they did the second X-Men DVD with all the special features Bryan Singer said he Isn't fan of putting out multiples DVDS of same film.

I would gladly buy a special extended version of X-men.X2 too If they wanted.

Hell If they wanted to do longer version of Last Stand with deleted scenes added back and some actual BTS stuff and featurettes I would buy that.But odds of that happening are as good as Warner Brothers do a special edition of Batman Forever with recutting the film with added material put back In Film.

They could use the opportunity on first release of First Class to give a longer cut.

I think that's where Vaughn originally had the Inception-style room spinning mind battle sequence. Vaughn cut it because he didn't want to copy.

Hopefully we get an Xavier/Emma mind battle in a sequel.

I'm sure it will be considered, because an astral plane battle will be the only way of Xavier appearing physically active.

I would've liked the bar scene to be a bit longer. It felt like it ended just as it was getting going.

More Charles and Moira together would've been nice.

Darwin and Angel needed another scene to flesh out their characters.

Shaw could've been a bit more evil, you know, a Hans Landa type. Smiling one minute then deadly cold the next. Shaw was a bit too friendly.

I think he didn't come up with an alternative version because he wanted to give all the cool action scenes to Magneto. :o
When Vaughn talked about that epic battle scene inside the mirrors' room, I was pretty sure that both Xavier and Emma would be part of it, even though in the end it wasn't that epic anyway. But there you go.

So, although I have my own petty nitpicks like everybody else here, the main thing I would change about First Class was turn it more into a X-Men story and less a Magneto - Origins story.

Reminds me of a comic strip I read a while ago:
"Wow, the new Magneto - Origins movie is awesome!"
"Ah, you mean the new X-Men movie?"
"The X-whaaat?"

I really appreciate FC for the movie it is - there's a good deal of emotion, an incredible score, nice action scenes, a touch of humour, cool cinematography, great acting, etc. But it most certainly isn't the film I supposed it would be, the one I personally hoped for. I really wanted it to be about two friends with different ideologies who decided to work together because they thought they could find middle ground, and in the end it was clear that they couldn't. So I wanted both characters to be flashed out equally, and not a film about a loner Bondneto set on revenge who happens to come across this enthusiastic fellow who reads minds and is very eager to help him.
I mean, what really are Xavier's motives for starting the school? Only to be the CIA's Mutant Division? How about his own ideology? How about how he mastered his powers? How about his own fears and doubts? James McAvoy is a great actor who was very much misused in FC, because really he wasn't given much to do other than to be a complement of Magneto's journey (a bit like his Yoda, perhaps?). McAvoy's wonderful enthusiasm and belief in the character he played gave Xavier its brightness and presence; a lesser actor would have a hard time making the character relevant, even memorable, like he did.

If they could've made this work out, and given the eletric chemistry between McAvoy and Fassbender, man, it would've been amazing.

The only thing I'd change is January Jones.

I would change Emma Frost's plot line. She would be just a telepath without diamond skin. May be in the Second class Magneto would create Genosha, the government would destroy it, and Emma Frost would get a secondary mutation. After that she would join to the X-men

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"