Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Just watched this on Paramount+. This movie was nonsense, but fun overall. It knows what it is, and Jim Carrey...boy did he dial it up to 100! If he is indeed done with acting, I imagine the next movie will suffer without him around. He was just too much fun in these Sonic movies.

I watched the movie for second time on paramount+ the other day had seen it once in theaters. I liked it even more the second time but I think I still like the first movie slightly more. I have never cared much for Carrey like Adam Sandler more I know unpopular opinion but I think for these movies Carrey and his over the top works. I am not sure about the whole talk about him retiring and if its really true or not figured he would at least came back for a 3rd movie and didnt that news of him break on April fools day? At least I first heard about it on April fools day so figured it was just that a April fools joke.

WW Box Office: $392,750,557

Only $8 & $9 mill behind FB and Uncharted

I think the Domestic Box Office has pretty much run dry, but Sonic has one or two International releases left that will probably boost it too $400 million

Yeah still got Japan left I think that is it but could have like 1 more place.

As someone who began playing sonic games in 1992, read the comics from 1993 to 1998, I consider myself a fairly knowledgeable fan. That said, the character design of Sonic knuckles and the rest are OK, and the voice acting is very good too, but I wish these movies had been fully animated, because there are way too many humans.

These films just don’t do it for me.

WW Box Office: $392,750,557

Only $8 & $9 mill behind FB and Uncharted

I think the Domestic Box Office has pretty much run dry, but Sonic has one or two International releases left that will probably boost it too $400 million
Amazingly it hasn't run as dry as I thought it would by this point. Worldwide it's sitting at: $397,677,243

At this point it only really needs Japan to give a bit more than it gave the previous Sonic movie. Is probably mostly done at this point outside of that. Didn't think it would end up getting this close, but it's nice to see.

Amazingly it hasn't run as dry as I thought it would by this point. Worldwide it's sitting at: $397,677,243

At this point it only really needs Japan to give a bit more than it gave the previous Sonic movie. Is probably mostly done at this point outside of that. Didn't think it would end up getting this close, but it's nice to see.

Was hoping it would earn more than Uncharted but it’s gonna be mighty close.

Serious question, are we getting Shadow before Amy or Metal? Where's the respect for CD?

Serious question, are we getting Shadow before Amy or Metal? Where's the respect for CD?

I think we might get both Shadow and Metal in Sonic 3. Shadow can’t handle Sonic, Knuckles and Tails all on his own.

I think we might get both Shadow and Metal in Sonic 3. Shadow can’t handle Sonic, Knuckles and Tails all on his own.

Jeff Fowler and Pat Casey basically said they're their own canon and not beholden to any one specific game story.

I fully expect Amy to show up in S3 because she's the last of the Sonic Big 4(I dare to dream that one day Sally will return). As for Metal, the truth is Shadow is a bigger name/money maker. Plus SA2 is usually considered up there with S3&K as the pinnacle of the franchise.

As for the big bad...I feel they're going to go for Perfect Chaos.

Super Sonic & Super Shadow vs Perfect Chaos with an orchestral fusion of "Open Your Heart" & "Live and Learn" playing

How Sonic 3 Will Connect To Idris Elba's Knuckles Spinoff Show

Now, in an interview with Variety, Robbins has offered a bit of an update on the Knuckles spin-off show. Per Robbins, there are certain plot elements in the upcoming series that will provide a transition to Sonic the Hedgehog 3. The Knuckles miniseries will contain lots of Easter eggs, so audiences should be on the lookout for some clues about the potential storyline of Sonic 3. Read what Robbins said below.

"You can’t just make a movie, see how it does and then decide to make another one, because if you do that, it will be years between sequels. Like “Sonic,” we’re going to take a spinoff character Knuckles and do a miniseries on Paramount+, which will transition us into the third “Sonic” movie with lots of Easter eggs."

I think we'll get Amy instead of Metal Sonic. To be honest, I've never understood why Robotnik ever built MS. He HATES Sonic with a fiery passion, so why build something based on someone he hates? Plus, MS hasn't been relevant since Sonic Heroes.

Nice. Looks like Sonic 2 just managed to cross over the $400 million worldwide. A nice milestone to cross as it really starts pulling out of many theaters. There is still the last appearance in Japan later in the summer. But regardless that's a nice point to reach by this time. And presumably the later bump will push it up ahead of Uncharted to finish in a nice spot for video game movies overall.

Now can look ahead to Sonic 3 a bit. Shadow will be interesting and hopefully they handle him as well as they have with Tails and Knuckles in Sonic 2. Beyond that I'm curious if they will add some more characters along with him. Amy would be a solid addition. Especially since it could add to Sonic's arc having a couple hedgehogs entering the picture (though Shadow is interesting in that sense) after not really seeing any of his kind in these movies so far. Human family is fine and adding friends of various species is also fine. But could be a nice plot point.

Lot of questions to ponder. But there's also a good wait before we're likely to know much about Sonic 3 anyways so no rush there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"