What would YOU make the AVENGERS movie about..?

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by [A], Mar 13, 2009.

1. irapogi

irapogi Well-Known Member

i kinda like this :cwink:

2. [A]

[A] Well-Known Member

I don't think they'll ever do that.. Not the current production team, at least

3. Drakon

Drakon I got a rock.

Here's hoping.

4. Rich Santoro

Rich Santoro Addicted to degeneracy

Ultimate Alliance 2 deals with it... I can see a future Avengers film going that route.

Not saying that it should, but the writing is on the wall.

Marvel needs a serial... or several, to deal with the 60+ years of stories that have been covered in the marvel universe.

5. jimbo 007

jimbo 007 Active Member

I have to say I really like Rich Santoro's idea about Cap being already revived and in training at the start of/prior to the start. For one; they wouldn't have to spend as much time on Cap's back story and being revived. They could just use some flashbacks, cut scenes and/or dialoge (maybe from Fury) to explain that Cap has been training.

Also, I think it would make more sense if Cap has been in training for awhile. I think it would seem too rushed to have Cap revived and then jump right back into action without a bit of "update" training.

6. Jordacar

Jordacar The Endless One

Except that's kind of exactly what I want to see. Not some smooth transition to modern times. :sleepy:

7. Microchip

Microchip Gettin my applesauce back

You'd need a bunch of superheroes to start with. In the Marvel Studios movieverse, you've got Iron Man and Hulk so far, and the government knows who Hulk is and everyone knows who Iron Man is.

It'd pretty much be everyone trying to get Captain America to take off his mask, and that wouldn't make for a very good movie.

I really don't know how they'll pull this off, but I can't wait to see. I'm hoping no Aliens, Thor baddies or robots. The rest I'll be happy to entertain.

8. Drakon

Drakon I got a rock.

That's why I said "Here's hoping". I don't wanna see it.

9. [A]

[A] Well-Known Member

plus, imagine a Civil War movie. there's no need for that; Spidey already takes off his mask in every effin' movie

10. chris moore

chris moore Well-Known Member

I want a jarring introduction to the modern world too. If he's already present when the other heroes come together, or he's adjusted to the modern world somewhat then it won't give much chance for his legandary status to come through. The other heroes need to find him and then be in awe of his fighting prowess, or be amazed at how quickly he assumes leadership and how surprised they find themselves that they automatically follow his lead. Basically they all just need to be amazed having only seen newsreels of the living legend. Meeting him over coffee at a briefing after the team comes together would be meh.

11. 3dman27

3dman27 super-hero wannabe

a-freaking -men

12. chris moore

isnt much of need for one when there's all of three or four running around

13. Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

Especially since the government already knows who they are.

14. jimbo 007

jimbo 007 Active Member

I can see the importance of showing Cap adjusting to current times as long as the film makers don't spend too much time on it. If they do spend too much time I can see people having the same complaint as with the X-Men films. The complaint that the film centralizes on one character instead of the team as a whole. Don't get me wrong; Cap is my favorite character out of the team but I would hate to see the other characters get pushed to the side. Especialy since they're very crucial to the team and it's formation.

15. Jordacar

Jordacar The Endless One

It's weird that the Avengers and the JLA are both considered the premiere teams in their worlds, but aliens would be far more appropriate for the JLA movie than for the Avengers movie. :huh:

16. Drakon

Drakon I got a rock.

Unless it was a Kree or Skrull thing.

17. Jordacar

Jordacar The Endless One

^Kree more likely. But for the first JLA film, aliens seem kindof a given. Every JLA origin story or revamp starts with aliens. But with the first Avengers film, it seems like most people would rather save the aliens for later.

18. [A]

[A] Well-Known Member

they always go with aliens because it's easier to blame them--

no need to delve into political issues

19. louiebling$

louiebling$ Just Chucking with you

The Marvel universe has plenty of Great Avenger villians that aliens shouldn't be an option.

20. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

Right like an alien villain like Kang.:woot: I definately don't want a world politics heavy story.

21. Aesop Rocks

Aesop Rocks Now I'm Free.

I'd be happy with the Avengers coming together like in the animated films, Ultimate Avengers 1&2. Minus the Nazi Invader(s) and just have the overall conflict be against The Hulk and minor small personal battles, I would love the first movie to just be them, The Avengers becoming a team. The second one action packed all the way.

22. Duskbyday

Duskbyday Well-Known Member

I think S.H.I.E.L.D should form the team with Stark as the leader (at first maybe) and reviving America. Bruce Banner is tested and can apparantly control the hulk with a similar result to the animated movie. I think Stark nearly leaves after humiliation etc. Pym getting more confidence and a shocking surprise of a villlain.

23. 3dman27

kang is a time traveler not an alien

24. chris moore

As Fury approached Stark to talk to him about the Avengers Initiative, then Stark approached Gen Ross about the same concept, I think for the sake of maintaining this in-continuity/one movie universe thing Marvel are trying to do with all the films since IronMan the Avengers film should and will have the team assembled by SHIELD and Stark if even only a few members.

Therefore the film would do well to begin with the team half assembled. Also, a nod to the 1st issue of Avengers would go down well by having the Hulk being used as a means of starting the mayhem. In the original comic Loki used the Hulk as a means of goading Thor into a fight that he hoped would finish his brother. The same kind of idea could be used here whereby the main villain (who should definitely be putting together his own team so each hero eventually has a nice one on one face off for some much needed solo action time) seeks out the hulk to employ him as a weapon against either Thor (depending on the end of Thor's movie) or the US Government in general as a distraction from his real goal. The hope is that the Hulk will prove powerful enough to distract everyone on the new Superteam being put together so there'll be no one left to oppose the main villain. The result of this initial fight reveals Cap's frozen body and leads into the main villain being an old foe of Cap's (Red Skull, the son of the WW2 Zemo - depends on the villain of Cap's first movie)

25. 3dman27

i see the logic here